Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

6 minutes ago, nsr said:

Again, cyclists do exactly the same to pedestrians. Human beings are dicks to those who can't catch them up to fight back.

Mentioned before how horrible it is being a pedestrian in Amsterdam. Parked bikes blocking the pavements and getting screamed at by cyclists if you dare to walk on their lane. Alternative is being run over by a tram.

On 5/19/2019 at 11:07, I'm Brian said:

We need to unite behind the common enemy...c***s towing caravans and c***s in RV's

On 5/19/2019 at 11:22, MixuFixit said:

I endorse this view.

10 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

I won't lie either. The joy I get from the hilarity of watching caravans on a single track road, trying to reverse back 10 metres to a  passing place, gives me a warm tingly feeling 

Caravans at this time of year, in this part of the country, localised entirely within the Highlands QLFMjQU.png

After reading all the posts over the last couple of weeks about cyclists running red lights I've been going to write a long post about my experience of a cyclist doing just that about 5 or so years ago but I'll attempt - probably in vain - to keep it brief. 

Out for a family day on a cracking summers day in Edinburgh, down Portobello beach, up Arthur's Seat, down for a late lunch then finishing off at the gardens. I was crossing Princes Street on a green man to the gardens side from Frederick St with my wife and 3 kids. A cyclist went whizzing right through the five of us so obviously I gave him a mouthful of abuse as he cycled away but the cheeky c**t flicked me the finger so my seething self unleashed a further torrent of abuse - not ideal behaviour in front of your kids but what can you do when someone has narrowly missed your 5 year old daughter and the red mist has descended? After my second volley of verbals he about turned, threw his bike against the railings and started marching towards me with a hardman swagger. I walked up to the bold yin to exchange words, but before I had a chance to say anything he had stuck the head on me which I, obviously, hadn't seen coming or expected. c**t knocked my 2 front teeth out and I'm standing there stunned, put my hand up to my mouth and my teeth are gone and I'm gushing blood. At this point the daughter is screaming her head off and the wife and boys are in shock. I turn around and the fuckwit jumps on his bike and starts to cycle off westbound in his original direction. I take off after him with the missus shouting "Nooooo" in the background and catch up with him on the road across from Boots and push him right off his bike. I jump on top of him, dying to batter f**k out of him but I can't because my kids are back down the road and presumably watching this all unfold. He was trying to fight like f**k and get me off him but it wasn't happening. The 2 of us are grappling on the central reservation, by now surrounded by people. He eventually conceded and asked me to let him up and he'll stay until the police come but that wasn't happening either. By now his face is covered in the blood dripping from my mouth and anyone walking up to see WTF was going on would probably have thought I'd punched his head in. Not too long after, the police arrived, arrested him and I was taken away to the dental hospital in an ambulance. 

So aye, I think he'll probably think twice before running a red light again. FWIW, I don't hate cyclists, just dicks like that.

Not nearly as dramatic but was walking along a pavement in Hackney, by an empty side street, with my built like a brick shithouse mate and his wife pushing their baby in a pram, when a young guy on a bike tore through the middle of us. A collective "What the f**k do you think you're doing?" went up and he slammed on the the brakes and asked "Are you calling me a c**t?". "Well yes, as it happens." Quick look at the odds and he skedaddled. 

Edited by welshbairn

21 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

After reading all the posts over the last couple of weeks about cyclists running red lights I've been going to write a long post about my experience of a cyclist doing just that about 5 or so years ago but I'll attempt - probably in vain - to keep it brief. 

Out for a family day on a cracking summers day in Edinburgh, down Portobello beach, up Arthur's Seat, down for a late lunch then finishing off at the gardens. I was crossing Princes Street on a green man to the gardens side from Frederick St with my wife and 3 kids. A cyclist went whizzing right through the five of us so obviously I gave him a mouthful of abuse as he cycled away but the cheeky c**t flicked me the finger so my seething self unleashed a further torrent of abuse - not ideal behaviour in front of your kids but what can you do when someone has narrowly missed your 5 year old daughter and the red mist has descended? After my second volley of verbals he about turned, threw his bike against the railings and started marching towards me with a hardman swagger. I walked up to the bold yin to exchange words, but before I had a chance to say anything he had stuck the head on me which I, obviously, hadn't seen coming or expected. c**t knocked my 2 front teeth out and I'm standing there stunned, put my hand up to my mouth and my teeth are gone and I'm gushing blood. At this point the daughter is screaming her head off and the wife and boys are in shock. I turn around and the fuckwit jumps on his bike and starts to cycle off westbound in his original direction. I take off after him with the missus shouting "Nooooo" in the background and catch up with him on the road across from Boots and push him right off his bike. I jump on top of him, dying to batter f**k out of him but I can't because my kids are back down the road and presumably watching this all unfold. He was trying to fight like f**k and get me off him but it wasn't happening. The 2 of us are grappling on the central reservation, by now surrounded by people. He eventually conceded and asked me to let him up and he'll stay until the police come but that wasn't happening either. By now his face is covered in the blood dripping from my mouth and anyone walking up to see WTF was going on would probably have thought I'd punched his head in. Not too long after, the police arrived, arrested him and I was taken away to the dental hospital in an ambulance. 

So aye, I think he'll probably think twice before running a red light again. FWIW, I don't hate cyclists, just dicks like that.

Maybe the guy who leathered you in Australia was related to this guy?

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

These things come in threes.

50 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Maybe the guy who leathered you in Australia was related to this guy?

You've not let me down. I was waiting on this response as soon as I hit the submit button. 

19 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Link to these findings  ?

Three quarters of caravanners are old c***s.

http://www.caravantimes.co.uk/news/people/human-interest/caravanning-attracting-more-young-people-$21384666.htm

Old c***s tend to vote tory

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/06/13/how-britain-voted-2017-general-election

Ergo my extensive scientific research finds that caravanners are tory c***s. A visit to a Caravan Club site will confirm these findings

19 hours ago, jupe1407 said:
On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:26, I said:
I won't lie either. The joy I get from the hilarity of watching caravans on a single track road, trying to reverse back 10 metres to a  passing place, gives me a warm tingly feeling 

You haven't lived until you've made one of the c***s reverse back about 300 yards on the awkward single track Elgol road on Skye.

Hopefully this happened at the road when it falls sharply towards the harbour when you reach the village.  That genuinely would give me a semi

15 hours ago, yoda said:

Caravans at this time of year, in this part of the country, localised entirely within the Highlands QLFMjQU.png

Going to be fun at the weekend when I'm up there. Bank Holiday and all of that

11 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I walked up to the bold yin to exchange words, but before I had a chance to say anything he had stuck the head on me which I, obviously, hadn't seen coming or expected.

We all did though M8. 

Do you have false teeth now or a gap? 

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

We all did though M8. 

Do you have false teeth now or a gap? 

One tooth was already a crown but he managed to break what little tooth that the crown was attached to so it became too small to re-attach it to so that's now a falser, but they found the other one on the ground and put it straight back into the socket and it's held up well so far. I've been for a couple of implant consultations but they're a bit expensive. Spent my compensation on moving over here or else I'd have blinding front teeth. 

Edited by Dee Man
Too much use of 'crown'.

16 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Mentioned before how horrible it is being a pedestrian in Amsterdam. Parked bikes blocking the pavements and getting screamed at by cyclists if you dare to walk on their lane. Alternative is being run over by a tram.

I also had this experience last year. All foot traffic is crammed into such a narrow 'lane' in the town centre that you're basically standing in a queue to walk down the street.

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

One tooth was already a crown but he managed to break what little tooth that the crown was attached to so it became too small to attach a crown to so that's now a falser, but they found the other one on the ground and put it straight back into the socket and it's held up well so far. I've been for a couple of implant consultations but they're a bit expensive. Spent my compensation on moving over here or else I'd have blinding front teeth. 

See quite a bit of cycling rage in Edinburgh. I think it's the adrenaline mixed with low blood sugar. 

There has been a spate of cyclists getting pushed into the canal near me - such as this one.. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-police-hunt-youths-who-pushed-cyclists-into-union-canal-1-4897544

Police would do well to monitor and transfer of funds from the ample bank accounts of @This time Perthshirebell to accounts in and around the Wester Hailes area if the want to nail the Mr Big behind it all.

14 hours ago, Dee Man said:

What a fanny.

Lets not pretend this is the minority of cyclists either, most of them behave like this.

I always find these kind of threads pretty funny.

Basically lots of drivers are arseholes, lots of cyclists are arseholes.  Lots of people in general are arseholes.  If you don't agree you're probably one of them!!

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

What a fanny.

Lets not pretend this is the minority of cyclists either, most of them behave like this.

I thought mine was just a daft one off but apparently a lot of cyclists appear to think red lights don't apply to them. 

Many cyclists also appear to have started identifying themselves as a persecuted minority with a superiority complex and therefore think that they deserve special treatment and all of their anti-social law-breaking can be excused on that basis.