Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Saw another 2 of them skipping red lights on Leith Walk today and they were wearing lycra and not cotton, so I'm not having this not proper cyclists pish. 

^^

Thinks wearing a sevco top makes him a “ proper” footballer 

Every morning on my way to work I used to pass an old guy out jogging. Respect was due as he was actually quite elderly and was out there come rain or shine. He'd always give me a cheery wave.

Today he went zipping past me on a bicycle with the same cheery wave. I didn't know whether to return it or not.

I like seeing people cycle about the city (Glasgow) - more and more bikes on the roads and more cycle lanes/paths is positive on so many levels. its bizarre how angry some drivers get at anything other than other cars  on the road - I really hope Glasgow CC have the balls to implement some of the main recommendations from Begg's assessment on connectivity and transport resulting in more pedestrianised areas and fewer cars in the city. 

Guys can we all not just get along. Can we all just agree that there are twats on cycles and twats in cars. The overwhelming majority of us are happy to let each other use the roads.

We need to unite behind the common enemy...c***s towing caravans and c***s in RV's

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

We need to unite behind the common enemy...c***s towing caravans 

I won’t lie, the seethe I get from passing motorists, makes towing the caravan all the more fun 

18 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I won’t lie, the seethe I get from passing motorists, makes towing the caravan all the more fun 

I won't lie either. The joy I get from the hilarity of watching caravans on a single track road, trying to reverse back 10 metres to a  passing place, gives me a warm tingly feeling 

19 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

I won't lie either. The joy I get from the hilarity of watching caravans on a single track road, trying to reverse back 10 metres to a  passing place, gives me a warm tingly feeling 

For awkwardness I would just unhitch and use the motor mover 

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sad that so many folk form 'their' opinions from shit that massive scumbag Tory c**t Jeremy Clarkson says.

The irony of that of course is that in the case of caravanners the majority of them are Tory c***s.

Can't speak for anyone else but, my opinions are formed from my real life experiences, mainly but not exclusively, on the quiet country roads of the North and South of Scotland. Not from the loudmouth presenter of a TV show that I seldom watched.

22 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

its bizarre how angry some drivers get at anything other than other cars  on the road

It's not really bizarre though is it? It's fairly obvious that human beings don't like being held up by slower forms of transport. Cyclists hate pedestrians for the same reason.

Edited by nsr

I find cyclists annoying as f**k when I'm driving.

I am under no illusion that I am in the right or have any moral high ground, but it is annoying. Some of them are fine but a lot veer into the road far too much and just generally very irritating.

You haven't lived until you've made one of the c***s reverse back about 300 yards on the awkward single track Elgol road on Skye.

On 09/05/2019 at 17:07, tarapoa said:

The 'ignoring traffic signals' shout is an interesting one.

I am a fairweather cyclist and find when stopping at lights it can take just that few seconds to get going again - I need to get clipped in, get through the gears and will have vehicles revving up behind in what may be a narrow junction.

If there's a red light and a green man at a crossroads and the pedestrians have clearly safely crossed, I will occasionally take the opportunity to get going.

I actually see this as a positive as getting that momentum is less likely to mean I'm holding up those behind me, and more cars get through the lights.

I was going to post the same.  By going through a red light you are sometimes clearing out of the way of the cars waiting behind you.     

Obviously some are just c***s though and will go through any lights .

1 minute ago, Eric said:

I was going to post the same.  By going through a red light you are sometimes clearing out of the way of the cars waiting behind you.     

Obviously some are just c***s though and will go through any lights .

Would it be ok for me to do the same in my car then?

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Would it be ok for me to do the same in my car then?

If you're on a quiet road and it's clear that there is no danger then it wouldn't be an issue for me.   Obviously you might get done by the police if spotted or on camera so up to you if you want to take that risk.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I find cyclists annoying as f**k when I'm driving.

I am under no illusion that I am in the right or have any moral high ground, but it is annoying. Some of them are fine but a lot veer into the road far too much and just generally very irritating.

Probably cause of the massive pot hole near the pavement cause by drains(and other stuff).  If you're on a road bike and don't swerve to avoid them you'll end up over the handle bars and under the car behind.

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

Probably cause of the massive pot hole near the pavement cause by drains(and other stuff).  If you're on a road bike and don't swerve to avoid them you'll end up over the handle bars and under the car behind.

Justice

8 hours ago, nsr said:

It's not really bizarre though is it? It's fairly obvious that human beings don't like being held up by slower forms of transport. Cyclists hate pedestrians for the same reason.

if that was the sole reason then perhaps it wouldn't be bizarre. However some drivers with plenty of over-taking room and/or when cyclists are in a segregated cycle lane (but with no hard border) still drive aggressively and dangerously close to cyclists. It is intentional and that is not a speed issue - that is an issue about the driver having to share the road with someone they perhaps don't consider to be their equal. That is bizarre.