Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

17 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

@jupe1407 @welshbairn  What makes you think this didn't happen?     Seems absolutely consistent with the attitude of entitlement and aggressiveness shown by this forums' cyclists.    Sadly people are having these altercations on a daily basis - and I'm sure this will be backed up by the 2019 Cycling attitudes survey which will be concluded by  late May.   

Will you be sharing the survey results on here? 

5 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

l'm in two minds.    I could do without the hassle and direct personal abuse that followed previous publications, but at the same time I very rarely kowtow to bullies and never to cyclists.       

The two I've bolded/italicised need not be mutually exclusive, as I'm sure you're well aware!

4 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Quite, but there was a refreshing honesty in my answer.    Because I would kowtow for example to a very powerful man with large biceps with an unwavering belief it was his turn for the pool table, but with cyclists I find their all mouth and no trousers.    Quite literally actually, because their choice of attire is Billy Elliot shorts! 

I'm dancing round the subject, Marshy, what I'm sayin is I'll publish the bloody report and if that means more threats to my Perthshire estate from Cat 5 cyclists then so be it.   

You are an unhinged freak.  A sad fat loser who actually takes an internet forum seriously. 

:1eye

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
10 minutes ago, dorlomin said:
You are an unhinged freak.  A sad fat loser who actually takes an internet forum seriously. 

To be honest, I think that is the opposite of what PB does, he trawls the threads looking for bites & gets them effortlessly. I have grown to enjoy his contributions even though I used to hate him.

I'd happily polish his Kia headlights in exchange for praise of one of my feeble posts.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

He is obviously at it

The internet has been full of thickos who say edgy stuff to get bites for 30 years. He is on an intellectual  par with MJC and Banana. 

If that is what you admire then you will find reddit and 4chan full of other "intellectual titans" for you to enjoy. 

Guest Moomintroll
The internet has been full of thickos who say edgy stuff to get bites for 30 years. He is on an intellectual  par with MJC and Banana. 
If that is what you admire then you will find reddit and 4chan full of other "intellectual titans" for you to enjoy. 
Calma calma, not a clue who you are but I'm a big happy lump. Dont get all angry unless you are a Tartan Tammy 1297 alias. PB can be a pain in the arse but he is harmless & quite funny, don't put him in with Banana & MJC as we both know they are the dregs of polite society.

PB is the most tedious piece of shit on here. I'm genuinely baffled why the mods allow his numerous, repetitive aliases on this site. A massively boring poster who I think actually believes his act is amusing. A total p***k who should have every single boring alias punted.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

To be honest DA, the mods will let any tedious alias back on here, no matter how vile & bigoted they are. They will drive the decent posters out but if that is what@Div wants then that is fine, we will go & those types will remain.Good luck keeping the site together after that.

Not sure about that. Quite a few folk have been permanently banned. Every single time that sad c**t PB registers a  new username it should be banned.

Guest Moomintroll
 Not sure about that. Quite a few folk have been permanently banned. Every single time that sad c**t PB registers a  new username it should be banned.
But it obviously hasn't, not that i want it too as he is obviously harmless. Dryhorce on the other fucking hand........... P&B is worse than the SFA when it comes to biased bullshit

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

But it obviously hasn't, not that i want it too as he is obviously harmless. Dryhorce on the other fucking hand........... P&B is worse than the SFA when it comes to biased bullshit

Tedious wanks are just spam, and as such should be punted 

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Not really spamming as such,  more his desperate wannabe bigotry.

All of it. He's either a deeply tedious and sad troll or a massive bag of shite.

Either way he should punted post haste.

On 11/05/2019 at 20:17, dorlomin said:

On 11/05/2019 at 20:32, dorlomin said:

Its piss poor edgelordism.  

On 11/05/2019 at 20:45, dorlomin said:

I don't think anyone has ever claimed PB to be an intellectual titan, nor has Pie and Bovril ever been the home for such people.  He's clearly here to wind folk up and you're clearly getting wound up. If you were an intellectual titan you'd understand that ignoring trolls is the best way to get rid of them, replying to them and calling them sad, fat losers is exactly what they're looking for.

Got a perfect 6km Cycle path at the side of a road I drive along every day and, without fail, I’m still always held up by some p***k who has chosen to ignore the purpose build path. Fills me with obscene amount of rage but apart from that I shouldn’t have any reasons to dislike cyclists, especially considering I occasionally enjoy going on a cycle.

Had to visit relatives off Culduthel Road in Inverness today and was disoriented by new road markings. The wide cycle lanes mean much of the road is single lane with no warning, unless you ignore the cycle lane markings. And big sections locked off with hatchings that made no sense. I'm all in favour of making life safer for cyclists, and locals will quickly adjust, but the Highlands are booming tourist wise, and bewilderment is bound to cause accidents, especially with tired drivers.

On 15/05/2019 at 12:51, cameron2000 said:

Got a perfect 6km Cycle path at the side of a road I drive along every day and, without fail, I’m still always held up by some p***k who has chosen to ignore the purpose build path. Fills me with obscene amount of rage but apart from that I shouldn’t have any reasons to dislike cyclists, especially considering I occasionally enjoy going on a cycle.

I do have sympathies with this. Some cycle lanes are utter shite and seem to be made for riders with robust tyres. If you're on a racing bike some of them are a bit bumpy or, in the case of the A77 route, strewn with debris.  I've been known to just use the road because of this.  Some of the cycle paths are also pretty circuitous, or are just pedestrian paths "repurposed" to also include cyclists. These rip my knitting.

Obviously if none of these apply to the above example then said rider needs telt.