Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

The best thing about cycling is that you don't have a registration plate so you can just do whatever you want and as long as you get away from the scene you are away.

Littering, swerving in front of traffic, blocking roads etc.  I'm not sure if I mentioned this on the cycling thread last year but sometime around Easter last year I cycled onto the pavement to avoid traffic and then at the end of the road I had to jump back onto the road on the wrong side.  When I did this a car had to swerve to avoid me and the car then clipped a bollard, not too hard but quite hard.  Due to momentum I was still moving when this happened but started to slow down.........during the process of slowing down I thought "Errr I could be in some kind of bother here actually" so I just scooted up a side street and disappeared.

1 hour ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

My advice to cyclists is please listen to us, or we'll make fucking sure to listen to us, if you know what I mean.     #proceed.    

Sorry but I’m not sure what you mean , but it sounds like some kind of threat , so please explain 

Careful though , it could lead to yet another ban for you.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

The best thing about cycling is that you don't have a registration plate so you can just do whatever you want and as long as you get away from the scene you are away.

Littering, swerving in front of traffic, blocking roads etc.  I'm not sure if I mentioned this on the cycling thread last year but sometime around Easter last year I cycled onto the pavement to avoid traffic and then at the end of the road I had to jump back onto the road on the wrong side.  When I did this a car had to swerve to avoid me and the car then clipped a bollard, not too hard but quite hard.  Due to momentum I was still moving when this happened but started to slow down.........during the process of slowing down I thought "Errr I could be in some kind of bother here actually" so I just scooted up a side street and disappeared.

Sub-human scum.

4 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I was talking about amplifying our voice, UTN.     Why is mindless thuggery always your first and only thought?    

You're Cat 5 for a reason.    

Again education is the key folks.  

Thanks for the explanation 

Great bit of backtracking there 

Sigh.

Just popped into the thread, but I imagine it's full of yer da types moaning that cyclists don't pay for roads (roads are paid for through general taxation, so my IT, VAT and other wee taxes do the job), are somehow a danger on the roads (despite being responsible for half a road death per year) and otherwise moaning that they have to share "their" roads with the non-polluting healthy b*****ds.

And regarding the jumping red lights. I happily get going before the greenie mainly to get in advance of the cars. It's a safety thing. It actually does everyone a favour as I'm not delaying anyone while straining to accelerate into a headwind with four panniers of shopping.

Motoring is dying out. Get it up youse.

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, velo army said:

Sigh.

Just popped into the thread, but I imagine it's full of yer da types moaning that cyclists don't pay for roads (roads are paid for through general taxation, so my IT, VAT and other wee taxes do the job), are somehow a danger on the roads (despite being responsible for half a road death per year) and otherwise moaning that they have to share "their" roads with the non-polluting healthy b*****ds.

And regarding the jumping red lights. I happily get going before the greenie mainly to get in advance of the cars. It's a safety thing. It actually does everyone a favour as I'm not delaying anyone while straining to accelerate into a headwind with four panniers of shopping.

Motoring is dying out. Get it up youse.

Thank you.

booooooooooooooooooo

56 minutes ago, velo army said:

See this is where cyclists arguments fall down.  Instead of obeying the road rules that everyone else does, you make up your own wee rule and justify it by saying you're "doing everyone a favour".  Obey the rules or get aff the road.

On 08/05/2019 at 17:52, welshbairn said:

Inspiring. Bought a bike 2 years ago and have ridden it along the street and back. Definitely going to get back on it, will have to angle grind the expensive lock I put on it though, because I can't remember the code. :1eye

Try 1690.