Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

Cyclists should be required to display some form of identification. If a motorist causes an accident and drives off, they can be tracked by the registration. If a cyclist does the same, he can get away scot free.

The loss of anonymity would probably see a decrease in cyclopathic behaviour across the board.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

If you are going to cycle on the roads you should have insurance.

Can you point me in the direction of a company my 10 year old nephew can use? He's not got a bank account yet so it'll have to be cash.

8 minutes ago, nsr said:

Cyclists should be required to display some form of identification. If a motorist causes an accident and drives off, they can be tracked by the registration. If a cyclist does the same, he can get away scot free.

The loss of anonymity would probably see a decrease in cyclopathic behaviour across the board.

Loss of anonymity in cars certainly helps reduce road rage in drivers....

7 minutes ago, stu_mfc said:

Loss of anonymity in cars certainly helps reduce road rage in drivers....

Imagine how much worse it'd be if drivers weren't identifiable...

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Can you point me in the direction of a company my 10 year old nephew can use? He's not got a bank account yet so it'll have to be cash.

He can wait till he's 16 or 17 and has some income.

I wrongly assumed cyclists would be falling over themselves to be in a position where an insurance company can pay for any damage they cause.

It's a bit like the rules of the road not applying to them either.

15 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

The utter seethe from fat , unfit , lardass drivers on here is fucking hilarious 

I think you'll find the angry, arrogant replies from cyclists transfers perfectly to their on the road behaviour.

Apparently all drivers are fat and no cyclist has ever been at fault for any damage anywhere.

Can't even make a decent argument.

9 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I think you'll find the angry, arrogant replies from cyclists transfers perfectly to their on the road behaviour.

Apparently all drivers are fat and no cyclist has ever been at fault for any damage anywhere.

^^

Fat, unfit, lardass found 

Cyclists do my oversize manboobs in, for the following reason. As a motorcyclist I had to buy a proper helmet, gloves, leathers and boots, then I sat my C.B.T. then I sat my 'big' bike test. I bought a motorbike, MOT'd it, taxed it and insured it. That's the route I had to take to get on the road.

Mr. Cyclist just needs to walk into a toy/ charity shop buy/ steal a bike and that's him on the road. If i'm in a good mood I like to pull along side them and pretend I'm pedalling, turns them into seething spittle bubblers. 

Cyclist here absolutely foaming at the mouth..[emoji1][emoji1].

This is why I give them very little room on the road and use my windscreen washers when they are behindsme. Big red faces and slabbers everywhere.

Edited by Romeo

Not all drivers are c***s. 

Everyone that says that all cyclists are c***s is a c**t though. 

They aren't just c***s to cyclists. These are the same dicks that risk a motorway pile up by driving an inch from the car in front or undertaking if they have to slow down from 90. 

And they tuck their jumpers in. 

As someone who doesn't drive or cycle, frankly your both as bad as each other. 

Cars not indicating is big annoyance for me, especially as if the don't indicate I will assume its fine to cross the road only to watch as they turn rather go straight on and look at me as if i'm in the wrong for assuming they'd understand what you're supposed to do at a Junction.

Cyclists - get a bell and fucking use it. The other week i was out with the dog and one speeds right up behind me with no warning and nearly runs my dog over. I don't have eyes on the back of my head and you don't have a bloody engine to hear - if you let me know you're coming i'll pull the dog over to the side of the path.  Oh and if you are going to try and lecture people on the rules of the road - maybe don't cycle the wrong way down a one way fucking street... - twice that's happened

28 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Can you blame cyclists for going on the offensive? People genuinely want to see you hurt, assume you don't have insurance, jump red lights, dress in lycra and don't know rules of the road just because of a chosen mode of transport. Some of the stuff that's happened to me can only be genuine incompetence or a deliberate attempt to hurt me. My absolute pet hate is people who over take me to immediately turn left while I have to slam on the anchors, its called "left hooking", look it up on YouTube.

I drive and cycle and see more dodgy behaviour from drivers than I do cyclists. Admittedly my cycling commute is quite quiet in comparison to cycling round Glasgow, Edinburgh or London. Just to dispel a few myths:

- I don't wear lycra as an outer layer.

- Commuting on a bike isn't a leisure activity for me, I do it to keep fit so I can take my proper mountain bike out into the middle of nowhere at the weekend to escape the dickheads I have to deal with the rest of the week.

- I have car insurance level of insurance and legal cover for cycling on roads.

- I pay two lots of "road tax".

- My bikes probably cost more than a car (its my money), they're looked after and serviced regularly (the price of a full mountain bike service would make your eyes water btw).

- I'll use hand signals as required, both to indicate direction and displeasure.

- I've made mistakes on the road both cycling and driving.

- I've never ran a red light on my bike.

Edited by stu_mfc