Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

arseholes on bikes

Hemorrhoids, caused by swollen or inflamed veins around the anus or rectum, can be unpleasant and painful. If you're a cyclist, riding can exacerbate existing hemorrhoids by restricting blood flow to the anus or causing pressure and chaffing against the damaged tissues. However, cycling does not cause hemorrhoids. If hemorrhoids are producing pain during your rides, a few tips may reduce the discomfort. If the problem persists, be sure to see a doctor, as prescription medication may be needed.

Use an over-the-counter hemorrhoid cream or suppository to reduce tissue inflammation, itching and bleeding associated with hemorrhoids. Wear bike shorts with a padded chamois to reduce saddle pressure and apply a chamois cream to your shorts. Chamois cream can reduce friction and chaffing that may irritate existing hemorrhoids. When you're not in the saddle, wear cotton underwear to allow the area to breathe, and gently clean with baby wipes or medicated witch hazel cloths. Soaking the area in warm water can also help soothe hemorrhoids. If your hemorrhoids do not improve, you may need to take some time off the bike to allow them to heal completely.

Here's the thing. Motoring is supposed to represent "Freedom". When I passed my test in the mid 70s it probably did.

Nowadays it is quite common to be in a car, but unable to find somewhere to stop it and get out. So motoring is, as often as not, a form of imprisonment. Motorists are often angry because of this. 

Cycling is the new freedom. Even if you just hop on a bike occasionally, as I do, you will know this. If you haven't been on a bike since you were a kid, try it. If you hear anybody with a weight problem uttering phrases such as 'pedal poverty' or 'paupers', look at them askance.

14 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Here's the thing. Motoring is supposed to represent "Freedom". When I passed my test in the mid 70s it probably did.

Nowadays it is quite common to be in a car, but unable to find somewhere to stop it and get out. So motoring is, as often as not, a form of imprisonment. Motorists are often angry because of this. 

Cycling is the new freedom. Even if you just hop on a bike occasionally, as I do, you will know this. If you haven't been on a bike since you were a kid, try it. If you hear anybody with a weight problem uttering phrases such as 'pedal poverty' or 'paupers', look at them askance.

Inspiring. Bought a bike 2 years ago and have ridden it along the street and back. Definitely going to get back on it, will have to angle grind the expensive lock I put on it though, because I can't remember the code. :1eye

Just remembered about a nice afternoon walk I had along the Water of Leith pathway close to the Gosford Place exit last year.   3 mothers pushing buggies were startled by some lycra clad IT consultant screaming "to the left, to the left, to the left" at them as he sped past them on the left hand side at a speed of at least 15 mph on the path.  Easy to be a bully to middle aged women that can't catch up on you. 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

There's arseholes on bikes and there's arseholes in cars. Arseholes on bikes hold cars up for a few seconds whilst arseholes in cars kill people. Then there's arseholes on football forums that go trolling. Make your own mind up which arseholes are the worst.

You forgot arseholes who support Falkirk

I prefer to ride on cycle tracks than roads.  Not always possible naturally.  The biggest pain in the balls is p***ks with dogs off leads.  You have to slow or stop until they pass.  Fucks up my strava times.  

15 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Imagine the absolute hell holes that are Amsterdam and Copenhagen.

Amsterdam's shite for pedestrians, the pavements are crammed with parked bikes and if you verge on to the cycle lanes to avoid them you get screamed at by angry Dutchmen. And women.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Semantics, if the bams want to use the roads they should pay I tell you !!

Do you think drivers should be charged "road" tax based on how many miles they do per annum?

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I have a little chuckle to myself every time I see bunches of flowers and a Tony Vidmar era Rangers top next to whatever tree or wall they smashed their Vauxhall Corsa into.

Another one bites the dust.

There's bollards been set into the road near me by a kiddies swing park to slow down the boy racers. One is just below the crest of a hill and quite difficult to see at night if you don't know it's there. In the last year it's caught two boy racers and a courier van. I heard heavy revving then a crash one night and looked out to see a 10 year old Subaru folded around the bollard with two tracksuited twats standing in a pool of radiator fluid looking at the bollard as if to say "How did that get there?"

Laughed my fucking tits off. 

Another one was a motorcyclist killed at a roundabout in Stirling a couple of years ago - he'd ran straight into the arrows sign on the roundabout itself at a rate of knots. First time I went past there was one of those floral tributes - right underneath the neat helmet-shaped indentation in the sign.  I laughed. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Amsterdam's shite for pedestrians, the pavements are crammed with parked bikes and if you verge on to the cycle lanes to avoid them you get screamed at by angry Dutchmen. And women.

They weren't so lippy when I went through it in a tank.