Does anyone else hate cyclists ??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-48181424

I'm unsure what the general consensus is on P&B, however I tend to find the majority that I encounter are a complete menace both to pedestrians and motorists, yet, as per the link above, they get the red carpet rolled out to them and are left to "peddle" their misery throughout the country.

A particular annoyance is when they ignore traffic lights and nearly knock you over when crossing the road at a crossing or cycle up the inside  of cars when stationery at a red traffic light.

Another of my pet hates is the ones who cycle along side by side holding a conversation whilst a stream of traffic is held up for miles and of course they don't appear to give a toss, the arrogant gits.

They don't pay road tax, most of our roads aren't designed for them, yet they are given a free hand by the authorities to make the rest of our lives a misery.

Nope, there's no place in a civilised society for this vermin...............

In Bristol unlike Glasgow they actually use there City bikes scheame 

Students the homeless tourists every walk off life off different people

I thought it was quite pleasent unlike up here were I rarely see anybody using them who are either to un fit or to drunk to even notice them

I dont drive so they don't piss me off in the slighest.

Would rather they did that than choke on petrol fumes

Saw a science show last night a guy made a ivention based on a ostrich leg and could run up to 20 miles a hour bobing in and out off traffic congestion 

And said a athlete using it could actually keep up with the bird

So that could be the future bikes out and people pogoing to there work

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm unsure what the general consensus is on P&B, however I tend to find the majority that I encounter are a complete menace both to pedestrians and motorists, yet, as per the link above, they get the red carpet rolled out to them and are left to "peddle" their misery throughout the country.

A particular annoyance is when they ignore traffic lights and nearly knock you over when crossing the road at a crossing or cycle up the inside  of cars when stationery at a red traffic light.

Another of my pet hates is the ones who cycle along side by side holding a conversation whilst a stream of traffic is held up for miles and of course they don't appear to give a toss, the arrogant gits.

They don't pay road tax, most of our roads aren't designed for them, yet they are given a free hand by the authorities to make the rest of our lives a misery.

There is too much shite to correct in this paragraph to go through them all. One that does stick is that nobody pays road tax. 

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

There is too much shite to correct in this paragraph to go through them all. One that does stick is that nobody pays road tax. 

Wrong. I do.

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Wrong. I do.

You really don't, nobody does!

You may however pay Vehicle tax, "Many a cycle commuter in the UK has confronted a dangerous driver, only to be told they have no right on the road because they don't pay "road tax". But road tax was abolished in 1937 and replaced by Vehicle Excise Duty. This is a tax on cars, not roads, and it goes straight into the general Treasury fund."

Personally my opinion is that there are just as many drivers on the road that are just as much of a menace as the occasional 'Rules don't apply to me cyclist' if not more really!

There are far to many people driving around that really shouldn't be.

Edited by SaintDougie

3 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

You really don't, nobody does!

You may however pay Vehicle tax, "Many a cycle commuter in the UK has confronted a dangerous driver, only to be told they have no right on the road because they don't pay "road tax". But road tax was abolished in 1937 and replaced by Vehicle Excise Duty. This is a tax on cars, not roads, and it goes straight into the general Treasury fund."

Semantics, if the bams want to use the roads they should pay I tell you !!

When walking on shared bicycle/pedestrian pathways, I like to obstruct cyclists as much as possible. They'd do the same to me if I was in the car.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

It's like gammon bingo here.

6 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

The road tax one was the only mistruth.    

Whenever I'm planning an urban drive I always pack my clearance stick in the passengers seat.    It's essentially an really bristle old brush and, when fully extended through my (electric ) windows extends 1.5M  out from my Proceed.     It's a excellent tool if you see some pauper filtering through the traffic.     Brush out.    If you want 1.5m from me you'll give me 1.5m back for sweaty mess.   

Again education is the key.  

Do you do the same with motorcyclists, or are you just full of shite?

My fold-up has been in the garage since Xmas. 

You dicks have inspired me to dust it off tomorrow for the commute. 

I hope you get stuck behind me, go screaming off at the first opportunity like a proper premature ejaculating gammon (ideally in a BMW or audi) and then I toddle past you at the lights, straight through a red. 

Do you like that? 

Yeah, you like that, don't you? 

39 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

Personally my opinion is that there are just as many drivers on the road that are just as much of a menace as the occasional 'Rules don't apply to me cyclist' if not more really!

There are far to many people driving around that really shouldn't be.

I don't disagree with you here other than that word in bold.  I can't agree it's the occasional cyclist that abides by their own rules, I see one thing in particular every week without fail - cars all stopped at red lights, cyclist filters through and gets to the traffic lights then bumps up onto the pavement and continues cycling to avoid the red light.  I've no idea why this fills me with so much rage, it makes absolutely no difference to my life but there you go.

I'm of the opinion that we should have cycle lanes and that our existing cycle paths should be far better maintained and half of these problems should sort themselves out. Agree that too many fuds get driving licences these days though - particularly the people who think the overtaking lane is just another lane for them to drive along at 50mph completely oblivious to the massive queue of c***s behind them.

Edited by The Moonster

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

i'm not particularly pro-cyclist, but this is typical "shit driver" ignorance; if there are a few cyclists in a "block" riding three or four abreast, then you treat them as if they were a single slow moving obstruction, and wait until it's safe to pass all of them in one movement, getting past the whole lot of them in one go; if they're strung out, you have to make 'x' number of different manoeuvers (whatever) to get past them individually, one at a time and you're far more likely to try and 'just nip past' when there's not enough clearance as you're only going to kill one or maybe two of them at worse; so, one properly executed overtaking operation, or a dozen or so quick, fucking risky let's give it a go efforts - what's the safest way to do things ???

3 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

i'm not particularly pro-cyclist, but this is typical "shit driver" ignorance; if there are a few cyclists in a "block" riding three or four abreast, then you treat them as if they were a single slow moving obstruction, and wait until it's safe to pass all of them in one movement, getting past the whole lot of them in one go; if they're strung out, you have to make 'x' number of different manoeuvers (whatever) to get past them individually, one at a time and you're far more likely to try and 'just nip past' when there's not enough clearance as you're only going to kill one or maybe two of them at worse; so, one properly executed overtaking operation, or a dozen or so quick, fucking risky let's give it a go efforts - what's the safest way to do things ???

yeah, yeah.........

There's arseholes on bikes and there's arseholes in cars. Arseholes on bikes hold cars up for a few seconds whilst arseholes in cars kill people. Then there's arseholes on football forums that go trolling. Make your own mind up which arseholes are the worst.

I don't mind cyclist but when they run red lights and don't indicate then it's annoying as it is when cars do the same. Generally people who don't like them drive like morons.