2019/20 Scottish Cup

Do they not have a regular substitute 'keeper?!?!

Surprising capitulation Colville. Previously they did very well... beating Edusport after replay; beating Burntisland, Preston and Cumbernauld. Shortless beat Tynecastle last season.

More akin to Harestanes crashing v Girvan on first appearance.

34 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Do they not have a regular substitute 'keeper?!?!

Surprising capitulation Colville. Previously they did very well... beating Edusport after replay; beating Burntisland, Preston and Cumbernauld. Shortless beat Tynecastle last season.

More akin to Harestanes crashing v Girvan on first appearance.

From what I heard its a whole new team from the one that got them the cup place.

Most of Colville from last season signed with Darvel.

Scottish Cup rules state to need to name  a substitute goalkeeper on your bench (who is a recognised goalkeeper, not somebody you are calling a goalkeeper). Did  WW do this. If not Colville may have grounds for a protest

43 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Most of Colville from last season signed with Darvel.

Scottish Cup rules state to need to name  a substitute goalkeeper on your bench (who is a recognised goalkeeper, not somebody you are calling a goalkeeper). Did  WW do this. If not Colville may have grounds for a protest

https://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/teams/207515/match-centre/0-4586633/report

There was a setback for Whitehill before the team bus left Rosewell when goalkeeper and club captain, Youssef Bejaoui was no longer available for selection due to personal circumstances. And with back-up keeper, James McQueen injured, midfielder Daryl Devlin was called upon to play between the sticks. Devlin has already played in goals during preseason, where he replaced McQueen after 20 minutes and went on to keep a clean sheet.

Their injured back up GK was named on the bench.

That would take some balls to protest after your team was beaten 4-0 by a team who didn't play a goalkeeper, when you hardly mustered a shot. I'm sure Colville will not go down that path.

I see McQueen (the injured keeper) was named as sub, so they have complied with that rule.

Strangely enough I was also at the game at Easthouses where Devlin played in goals after McQueen was injured.

10 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

That would take some balls to protest after your team was beaten 4-0 by a team who didn't play a goalkeeper, when you hardly mustered a shot. I'm sure Colville will not go down that path.

I see McQueen (the injured keeper) was named as sub, so they have complied with that rule.

Strangely enough I was also at the game at Easthouses where Devlin played in goals after McQueen was injured.

Daryl is probably Whitehill’s most creative player so they got off lightly at 4-0. He did stop one powerful daisycutter which could have been a problem for any keeper on a wet day.

I wonder if Colville were aware of the fact that WW didn’t have a proper keeper. They weren’t exactly peppering the shots in. Any half chances they got tended to be unforced errors from the back 4 fannying about. They will get ripped a new one by Penicuik unless they cut that out.

Edited by The Mantis

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2019 at 22:41, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I didn't realise until Linlithgow Rose played up at Wick that your substitutes aren't even technically required to be present. 

The English BBC are showing a live game from every round from the very 1st prelim rounds. At 17.30 the Scottish BBC sport website hasn't even got the scores for the 2nd prelim round played today. All fixtures still showing as 15.00 KO time

c***s

I went to Lochee United 5-2 LTHV today. Good game, closer than the final score suggests. Lochee got 2-0 up in the first half before LTHV pulling one back. In the second half Lochee scored 3-1, but LTHV again pulled one back. The 4-2 late on decided it, soon followed by a red for a LTHV player lashing out in pure frustration. Deep into stoppage time Lochee gave the game a slighly flattered score.

43 minutes ago, Marten said:

I went to Lochee United 5-2 LTHV today. Good game, closer than the final score suggests. Lochee got 2-0 up in the first half before LTHV pulling one back. In the second half Lochee scored 3-1, but LTHV again pulled one back. The 4-2 late on decided it, soon followed by a red for a LTHV player lashing out in pure frustration. Deep into stoppage time Lochee gave the game a slighly flattered score.

Was there a decent crowd?

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

The English BBC are showing a live game from every round from the very 1st prelim rounds. At 17.30 the Scottish BBC sport website hasn't even got the scores for the 2nd prelim round played today. All fixtures still showing as 15.00 KO time

c***s

It's like they don't even have a Twitter feed.

Was all geared up for the Swifts v Rose match today, only for it to be called off at 11. SEETHING.

Was torrential this morning here in #perthshire but it's been a glorious afternoon. I wonder if the pitch might have made it if given a chance. Och well.

No fewer than 4 EOS League sides plus 3 Junior champions advance to R1.

Tomorrow's draw... reminder Brora of HL plus LL sides East Kilbride, BSCG and Mighty Berwick Rangers join at R2:

Highland League (16)
Buckie Thistle
Clachnacuddin
Deveronvake
Formartine Utd
Forres Mechanics
Fort William
Fraserburgh
Huntly
Inverurie Loco Works
Keith
Lossiemouth