2019/20 Scottish Cup

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Buckie were pony tonight. Kev Fraser and Sam Urquhart were anonymous.

Yep, looks like Cove will be the last entrants to the pyramid from the HL for a while if that gang are anywhere near contention for the title. 

Tomorrow's draw (Stirling Uni v Linlithgow = tomorrow afternoon):

Championship (6)
Alloa, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Morton, Partick, QotS

SPFL1 (10)
Airdrie, Clyde, Dumbarton, East Fife, Falkirk, Forfar, Montrose, Peterhead, Raith, Stranraer

SPFL2 (5)
Edinburgh City, Elgin, Queen's Park, Stirling Albion
Brechin/Annan - replay next Saturday

Highland (2)
Brora, Inverurie

Lowland (2)
Bonnyrigg, East Kilbride

Junior (1)
Auchinleck

tbc (6)
Stirling Uni/Linlithgow (Lowland/East) - tomorrow
Penicuik/Stenhousemuir (East/SPFL2) - next Saturday
Fort William/Albion Rovers (Highland/SPFL2) - replay next Saturday
Broxburn/Cowdenbeath (East/SPFL2) - replay next Saturday
Gala/Formartine (Lowland/Highland) - replay next Saturday
BSCG/Lochee (Lowland/Junior) - replay next Sunday

Took in Albion Rovers v Fort William. I'm guessing Fort had most of their nine loaners from Inverness playing. They were very good especially the wee No.10. No teams were announced and I was in the ground by ten to three. Rovers started OK and had two goal bound thunderbolts bravely blocked. They were toiling though and the goal came at just the right time to settle them down. Second half though and Fort were the better side, Rovers really woeful at times. When Rovers had a corner, Fort kept three men upfield. When Fort had corner, Rovers kept only one man up. Pretty poor from Harper. 

The goal was coming and it was a cracking bullet header from a free kick cross from the right. Some very meaty, borderline red card challenges by both sides. Crowd of 489, with a very healthy crowd down from FW, I'd say at least 200. Good to see many Rovers fans stay to clap off the jubilant players.

I saw Rovers a few times last season, including the big win at Berwick. Was always impressed by Gregor Fotheringham. Is he injured? They could have done with him today as that midfield was very poor.

Just now, stanley said:

The Fort William result must be one of the biggest shocks for a long time.

They have had three wins this season but only one was in the league. Forres gubbed them 6-0 last week but they would probably have done the same to Rovers. I fear for them this season.

Broxburn tremendous from start to finish today, deserved at least a draw and a brilliant away support as well.

Very much so [emoji26]
Without our loan signings and Renton up front we look very average at best. Old stand is good when there’s a decent amount in (even if there was a few “party” songs chanted today [emoji38]).
Best / nearest pub to Broxburn’s ground ?

4 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Very much so emoji26.png
Without our loan signings and Renton up front we look very average at best. Old stand is good when there’s a decent amount in (even if there was a few “party” songs chanted today emoji38.png).
Best / nearest pub to Broxburn’s 

Agreed some of the songs left a lot to be desired. 

Broxburn were excellent today, well organised and set up and with a good shape about them. Thought their no. 11 in particular looked a player.

A flat and half hearted performance from the league team in the other hand. Second best for most of the game and took the lead in the rare period if the game when they were unquestionably on top, through David Cox.

Broxburn’s desire exemplified by their equaliser, when the hesitant Pyper was turned inside out and bullied off the ball by the non league winger,  before the equaliser was blasted home off the helpless keeper’s body.

A draw was the least Broxburn deserved and arguably, with a bit more of a cutting edge, they could have won. Cowden on the other hand were surprisingly poor and I can’t imagine “Bobo” Bollan was delighted with that. Some Cowden fans certainly made their feelings known at full time.

I can’t see them being as listless in the replay and today may have been Broxburn’s best chance. The team did their town proud. Shame about the bigoted songbook making an appearance.

Broxburn were excellent today, well organised and set up and with a good shape about them. Thought their no. 11 in particular looked a player.
A flat and half hearted performance from the league team in the other hand. Second best for most of the game and took the lead in the rare period if the game when they were unquestionably on top, through David Cox.
Broxburn’s desire exemplified by their equaliser, when the hesitant Pyper was turned inside out and bullied off the ball by the non league winger,  before the equaliser was blasted home off the helpless keeper’s body.
A draw was the least Broxburn deserved and arguably, with a bit more of a cutting edge, they could have won. Cowden on the other hand were surprisingly poor and I can’t imagine “Bobo” Bollan was delighted with that. Some Cowden fans certainly made their feelings known at full time.
I can’t see them being as listless in the replay and today may have been Broxburn’s best chance. The team did their town proud. Shame about the bigoted songbook making an appearance.

Thought it was Kyle miller who was turned inside out? Might be wrong though. Just happy to still be in the competition and we were very poor today.