2019/20 Scottish Cup

17 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yeah has to be Albion v Fort William for the telly game. Especially given the beebs documentary on Fort William.

Albion will slaughter Fort, remember they've still only got 3 points out of a possible 21 in the HL. Much rather see Auchinleck v Cove with it turning into a riot.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Imagine the Uni game will be shoved to Sunday, with Binos at home as well.

Stirling Uni vs Linlithgow wouldn't be a bad idea for the televised game tbh. I think the students angle would work. Don't think they'll choose it though.

Albion Rovers vs Fort William makes the most sense.

Stirling Uni v Linlithgow would just be an awful shout. What interest would this game hold with anyone? I’m all for showing the pick of the round but that tie is far from it. Assume you have some connection with Stirling Uni to come up with such a wild suggestion.

On 22/09/2019 at 10:59, bendan said:

They'll be looking desperately for an Old Firm angle. For all the romance-of-the-cup cliches, they've never really demonstrated any evidence that they actually feel or understand it.

Edinburgh City have a goalie on loan from Rangers at the moment.... :whistle

If our lovely landlords beat Deveronvale  and City having been drawn against BOD at home too then one of us will probably have to play on Friday night so it might as well be City getting the TV lolly. 

12 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Stirling Uni v Linlithgow would just be an awful shout. What interest would this game hold with anyone? I’m all for showing the pick of the round but that tie is far from it. Assume you have some connection with Stirling Uni to come up with such a wild suggestion.

He goes to far more Stirling games than Pars games, a weird individual.

15 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

You clearly don't even consider how people making TV selections think. As I said, I didn't expect them to pick the game but it was more likely than a few of the ties.

Please continue to get hysterical over nothing, though.

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

He goes to far more Stirling games than Pars games, a weird individual.

I've been to exactly one Stirling Albion game in the last three years.

Other than that, a great post.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You clearly don't even consider how people making TV selections think. As I said, I didn't expect them to pick the game but it was more likely than a few of the ties.

Please continue to get hysterical over nothing, though.

How do they think? I look forward to an enlightening reply all about the psyche of the BBC Scotland hierarchy. Personally, I reckon they will choose the game they feel will draw the largest audience.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Think it's a good TV selection but a bit of a pisser for Buckie players, staff and fans to travel down on a Friday night surely?

Friday night out afterwards under the bright lights of edinburgh????

Pleasantly surprised by this pick from BBC.

While it is a bit of a trek for Buckie and their fans it gives an opportunity to promote LL and HL football more widely. Their biggest issue will probably be getting over the bridge and around the bypass on a Friday teatime, anyway!

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

How do they think? I look forward to an enlightening reply all about the psyche of the BBC Scotland hierarchy. Personally, I reckon they will choose the game they feel will draw the largest audience.

That's an interesting question though - will this tie generate a bigger audience than say Spartans v Queen's Park or Albion Rovers v Fort William would? We all know these sides are top of HL & LL but I wonder how many of your armchair fans of Celtic, Hearts, Dundee or whoever will know that. They certainly won't get as much name recognition as SPFL2 clubs, "giant killer" Spartans or "worst team in Britain" Fort William who recently had a documentary just about themselves... So in that respect I think it's perhaps a braver pick and certainly outside the easy comfort-zone of having gone to Cliftonhill, which is creditable.

One possible factor someone else pointed-out to me is that - like the Kelty game - you're showing a big crowd and hopefully good atmosphere, which you wouldn't at say Albion v Fort.

As I noted on another thread it's also another affirmation of the leap Bonnyrigg (and many other clubs tbf) have made in going senior. Little over a year on, promoted to LL and now live on TV in Scottish Cup R2.