2019/20 Scottish Cup

On 10/08/2019 at 00:54, Bully Wee Villa said:

Fair play. Who knew Scottish football wasn't just Celtic and Rangers? 

Well, in fairness, the BBC's overall TV deal means that the vast majority of their live games won't involve Celtic or "Rangers". Yet they're still prepared to commit the time, money and resources to one live game from R1-3, then two from R4-6. 

Edited by The Master

45 minutes ago, andy25 said:

LTHV v Wigtown & Bladnoch has been switched to Albyn Park Broxburn.

Must be frustrating from LTHV, after all their work on Saughton, the council have caused them having to move their cup game elsewhere...

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Both sensible decisions, although everyone will be keeping their fingers crossed to avoid replays.

Do we yet know days & times for such replays?

Has to be midweek right? If they want it in the evening, Wigtown could move up the road to Newton Stewart's ground. Was going to suggest Penicuik for Whitehill but they have a women's cup game on Wednesday, but any other floodlit Midlothian ground would do.

Rules say it's Monday + Wednesday attempts if the ties aren't completed this weekend, but it can be Tuesday + Wednesday if the clubs agree (which would be more logical if replays).

Will they be allowed to move venue just as they don't have floodlights? In the past games have simply been held on weekday afternoons - but granted it hasn't happened for a few years.

I read somewhere about Talbot possibly playing a suspended/improperly registered player in the original game against Dundonald. I presume that was all just a vicious rumour, given the replay went ahead?

36 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I read somewhere about Talbot possibly playing a suspended/improperly registered player in the original game against Dundonald. I presume that was all just a vicious rumour, given the replay went ahead?

They listed McPherson to start last week but he'd a 1-game ban unserved (accumulated yellow cards):

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5438/los5-08-august-2019.pdf

According to press report it was spotted at 2:40pm and they were able to drop him:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/auchinleck-talbot-defender-set-replay-18951720

Colville Park AFC 0 Whitehill Welfare 3 HT.

Whitehill started with an outfield player in goal and he hasn't really had much to do so far.

Torrential rain at start of this game and not a single piece of shelter to be had at this newish ground. They do at least have a grandstand which came from the 8th green at Royal Troon by the look of it.

IMG_20190818_140328.jpeg

Just now, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Torrential rain at start of this game and not a single piece of shelter to be had at this newish ground.

I recall there was supposed to be some minimum ground requirements being introduced for SWPL teams, but it looks like Rangers now play their games at Murray Park instead so nothing has been done about the lack of cover.