2019/20 Scottish Cup

2 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:
10 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:
Nice - I personally think Morton's is a better strike though - power, swerve (reverse angle shows it), distance. How far out was that - edge of box? Camera angle's quite low.

They're both terrific strikes. It was about 25 yards out.

Bizarre incident at the end with the double pen award - have never seen that before. About 5 seconds of game time between them.

1 minute ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:
2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:
Bizarre incident at the end with the double pen award - have never seen that before. About 5 seconds of game time between them.

It's the second time I've seen it. It happened at another Talbot game towards end of last season.

Maybe I've seen its like before too but certainly nothing comes to mind!

And a bit of Bot related Jordan Morton trivia seeing as I mentioned him - his only ever 1st team game for Hearts was against Talbot in the first of the Scottish Cup ties.

It's about 6 minutes in

Absolute crying shame that some young Dundonald supporters heid has blocked the footage of the build up to Talbot’s first goal.
Stef White has absolutely cemented the Dundonald player with such a tackle in the build up. An absolute peach of a challenge totally old school but timed perfectly with absolute no malice. I was cringing as the two of them went in at full pelt and the pass straight after the challenge to set the guy clean on goal is inch perfect.
The two Dundonald goals were top draw too. Cracking afternoons entertainment.

Interesting to note that of the "small" non-league clubs... outwith EOS Premier or champion qualifiers... only those who drew each other (or got a bye in Golspie's case) will feature in PR2.

i.e. Girvan beat St Cuthbert and Threave beat Hawick, plus LTHV v Wigtown is outstanding.

Preston, St Cuthbert, Tynecastle, Glasgow Uni, Easthouses, Newton Stewart, Coldstream, Hawick and Burntisland all exited - in most cases losing heavily.

Tournament no longer fertile ground for these modest sides.

Just now, underdogunderdog underdog said:
8 minutes ago, murphy1970 said:
Does anyone know Dundonald starting 11 and subs? Seems to be a state secret.

I was trying to find out who scored their second goal but had no success. You tried asking them on Twitter?

Several times and once on Facebook 

I might be wrong with this but this season's Scottish could have worked out perfectly if it had only included teams from highland /lowland/ south and east leagues. and league 2 That would mean no juniors /amateurs /north caledonian and also exclude caledonian Braves south team and Stirling uni east team or Glasgow uni.  By my reckoning round 1 would have 96 clubs with 48 winners progressing to round 2 to be joined by league one meaning 58 clubs with 29 winners going into round 3 to be joined by 10 championship clubs  meaning 19 matches with one bye to round 4 to be joined by 12 premiership clubs making a total of 32 clubs in round 4 and so on till the final 2.

21 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interesting to note that of the "small" non-league clubs... outwith EOS Premier or champion qualifiers... only those who drew each other (or got a bye in Golspie's case) will feature in PR2.

i.e. Girvan beat St Cuthbert and Threave beat Hawick, plus LTHV v Wigtown is outstanding.

Preston, St Cuthbert, Tynecastle, Glasgow Uni, Easthouses, Newton Stewart, Coldstream, Hawick and Burntisland all exited - in most cases losing heavily.

Tournament no longer fertile ground for these modest sides.

Yeah, I think it will be a struggle for the smaller clubs who have been long-term members.  

Hopefully we see more clubs become licensed this year and some kind of reform to the early rounds.  There's already too many good sides competing for too few spots in round 1 and that's going to get worse as more clubs get licensed.  Would be surprised if the SFA have given it much, if any, thought so far.

On 10/08/2019 at 20:24, RossBFaeDundee said:

Good on the Chee.

I've been there, good game from them. Very ruthless with chances. Burntisland were actually not as bad as the scoreline suggests (although clearly weaker), but they didn't take the chances thy got and the Chee were finishing very well.

1 hour ago, well_said said:

I might be wrong with this but this season's Scottish could have worked out perfectly if it had only included teams from highland /lowland/ south and east leagues. and league 2 That would mean no juniors /amateurs /north caledonian and also exclude caledonian Braves south team and Stirling uni east team or Glasgow uni.  By my reckoning round 1 would have 96 clubs with 48 winners progressing to round 2 to be joined by league one meaning 58 clubs with 29 winners going into round 3 to be joined by 10 championship clubs  meaning 19 matches with one bye to round 4 to be joined by 12 premiership clubs making a total of 32 clubs in round 4 and so on till the final 2.

Your maths is correct: 96 > 48+10 > 29+10 (1 bye) > 20+12.

If you retained 4 of the sides you've ditched... out of qualifiers, Girvan, Glasgow Uni and Golspie... you wouldn't need a bye in R3.

It must be said that admitting all unlicensed EOSL & SOSL sides - and making all SPFL2 clubs, all SPFL1 clubs, and 4 Championship clubs respectively join a round early - will never happen.

We should be letting more teams into the Scottish Cup, not fewer.

As I've mentioned several times before, even by just shifting the four Championship sides back to R3 instead of R4, there would be enough spaces created to have all of this season's entrants in R1 without a need for even one preliminary round.

On 10/8/2019 at 21:34, cmontheloknow said:

Something similar happened at a Dunfermline v Ayr game 3 seasons ago. On that occasion both penalties were saved.