It's all about the fonts

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Erm,,,.no, I tried that when I read the suggestion earlier, Chief...I clicked on the theme button at bottom left of page, then selected the 2017 option from the drop down listing. Doesn't seem to have had made any difference.

The letters are still really tiny...like my newt. Even tried logging off & then back in again. I'm using firefox if that means anything.

The main font on the team themes is pretty compact I guess, but the 2017 theme is using the same font we've used for several years, and "Divs Favourite" - particularly on Firefox - is using Montserrat which is very heavy on Firefox and very easy to read (which is why I love it!)

Make sure you haven't zoomed in by mistake on Firefox. If you see a "%" in the address bar like 80% for example then click it to go back to 100%, only thing I can think of that is causing your issues?

Glad it's not just me that finds the newest font difficult to read.  Not so much that it's too small, as I have the eyes of an eagle,   but the main pages with all the threads, are really blurry.

I did try reverting to Div's fav theme and the 2017 one, but they're both so dark and sombre,  I like the brightness my lovely red Aberdeen theme gives off, but it does make me feel like I'm reading with the worst hangover going.

13 hours ago, akredz said:

Glad it's not just me that finds the newest font difficult to read.  Not so much that it's too small, as I have the eyes of an eagle,   but the main pages with all the threads, are really blurry.

I did try reverting to Div's fav theme and the 2017 one, but they're both so dark and sombre,  I like the brightness my lovely red Aberdeen theme gives off, but it does make me feel like I'm reading with the worst hangover going.

What browser are you using?

On 19/06/2019 at 01:37, Black Pennel said:

Erm,,,.no, I tried that when I read the suggestion earlier, Chief...I clicked on the theme button at bottom left of page, then selected the 2017 option from the drop down listing. Doesn't seem to have had made any difference.

The letters are still really tiny...like my newt. Even tried logging off & then back in again. I'm using firefox if that means anything.

Try using the new Pie & Bovril 2019 (Bigger Font) theme, does that help?

8 hours ago, Div said:

What browser are you using?

Chrome.
I checked it on Firefox too and I'd say it's not as bad on that, definitely seems worse on Chrome.

It's fine on my Ipad but I use the app on that.

50 minutes ago, akredz said:

Chrome.
I checked it on Firefox too and I'd say it's not as bad on that, definitely seems worse on Chrome.

It's fine on my Ipad but I use the app on that.

You tried the new P&B 2019 (Bigger Font) theme on Chrome?

9 hours ago, Div said:

Try using the new Pie & Bovril 2019 (Bigger Font) theme, does that help?

Can't make out any difference, really.

Maybe I'll just have to wait until we get the P&B 2019 (Humungous Font) theme instead.

It'll likely be something stoopid going on inside my machine but the IT department isn't available until the weekend as, apparently, they have a social life as well.

No worries, I can probably thole it out until then. Thanks for your help anyway.

2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Can't we have our own team's border etc with the old font?

Nah, too much hassle. The new font is our new look for season 19/20 and is staying put!

17 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Less hassle would have been just leaving it the f**k alone :lol:

We’d still be living in caves if we all had that attitude mate 😘

• 4 months later...
All normal again. It was just that day, on desktop on chrome. It was like the site had gone a bit fuzzy but perfectly sharp again this week.

Need to cut down on that midweek boozing.