Stranraer expelled from the cups

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see another obvious place for this to have been picked up on, but on FitbaNorth @HibeeJibee was saying this player was also ineligible for the entire league season! And it was only realised after he was sent-off in the last league game. It was only when trying to register the suspension it was found out. as he wasn't on the system.

You're going around in circles... I was summarising a post on here by a Stranraer FC official.

Somewhat incongruously the discussion, running to several pages, is in a thread called "Team of the Season" as that is where people began to mention the issue.

Here's the post:

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:02, SFC said:

Just feel it is appropriate to divulge the actual facts of this to put an end to this unfortunate error. The player in question at the start of the season had moved from Stranraer Youth (SYFA) to Stranraer Reserves (SOSFL). His paperwork was signed and prepared for registration along with all other players on 27th July, he has been notified to the SOSFL on 18th August as playing with Stranraer with correct ID number (hence no issue raised  straight away). Jack has made 23 league(15 as sub) and 6 cup (3 competitions) scoring 3 goals. His registration error came to light after he had been sent off in the final league away to Creetown. The SFA informed the SOSFL that he appeared to be showing on their system as not registered to any club. After checking admin systems at SFC, SFA and SOSFL it was confirmed that indeed there had been an error in this process and that Jack was showing as a free agent. Further discussions were held and SFC were invited to attend a meeting prior to Mondays fixture v Heston to give their version of what had happened. It was widely accepted that SFC had certainly not intentionally tried to break any rules and it had been a case of human/admin error. The decision made by SOSFL league executives was to impose the highest possible financial sanction as allowed by SOSFL constitution on SFC for the league campaign, as well as severely censuring the club on their future conduct. In the case of the 3 cup competitions, 3 separate financial penalties were imposed and expulsion from the two remaining competitions this season and a suspension from  the 19/20 Challenge Cup. The club have accepted these decisions and will ensure in future that it never happens again as it has brought a sad and unfortunate end to a wonderful season on the pitch for some of our local, hugely talented youngsters. 

Incidentally - in the league you can presumably play a certain number of games unregistered i.e. as a triallist.

You're going around in circles... I was summarising a post on here by a Stranraer FC official.

Somewhat incongruously the discussion, running to several pages, is in a thread called "Team of the Season" as that is where people began to mention the issue.

Here's the post:

Incidentally - in the league you can presumably play a certain number of games unregistered i.e. as a triallist.

True but only before a certain date