Who Were The Best Team Your Club Played This Season

I know the final table never lies, but thought it would be interesting to see who took the most points off us this season compared to their final league position

Vs Dumbarton FC

1   (3)   Raith Rovers 10 points, +9GD

2   (2)   Forfar 10 points, +6GD

3   (9)   Stenhousemuir 7 points, +1GD

4   (10)   Brechin 6 points, -2GD

5   (8)   Stranraer 6 points, -2GD

6   (1)   Arbroath 5 points, 0GD

7   (5)   Airdrie 4 points, 0GD

8   (4)   Montrose 4 points, -2GD

9   (7)   East Fife 0 points, -10GD

perhaps not surprising to see Raith and Forfar up near the top, but the fact that Stennie and Brechin fill the next two spaces is weird, while Arbroath only the 6th best team we played 

Edited by aftershocker

1 (7) East Fife 7 points, +1GD
2 (2) Forfar 7 points, -2GD
3 (8) Stranraer 5 points, 0GD
4 (1) Arbroath 5 points, -1GD
5 (4) Montrose 5points, -2GD
6 (10) Brechin 4 points, -1GD
7 (5) Airdrie 1 point, -4GD
8 (9) Stenhousemuir 1 point, -8GD
9 (6) Dumbarton 1 point, -9GD

This just highlights where our problems lie even more. East Fife being the only team with a positive GD against us over the course of the season yet we’ve finished 3rd, 10 points behind 1st, just proves our defence have let us down this season.

1 (1) Arbroath 10 points, +7GD

2 (6) Dumbarton 7 points, +2GD

3 (2) Forfar 7 points, 0GD

4 (5) Airdrie 6 points, +2GD

5 (7) East Fife 6 points, 0GD

6 (9) Stenny 6 points, -2GD

7 (3) Raith 5 points, +2GD

8 (8) Stranraer 4 points, -1GD

9 (10) Brechin 0 points, -9GD

A pretty dismal record in the Angus coastal derby this season, with just the one point. But only Arbroath, Dumbarton and Forfar took more than half of the available points from us in our first season outside the bottom league in a generation.

And we did a clean sweep over Brechin.

Vs Stenhousemuir FC

1   (2)   Forfar 12 points, +7GD

2   (3)   Raith Rovers 10 points, +8GD

3  (8)   Stranraer 10 points, +5GD

4 (1)   Arbroath 9 points, +5GD

5  (7)   East Fife 8 points, +4GD

6   (4)   Montrose 6 points, +2GD

7 (6)  Dumbarton 4 points, -1GD

8   (5)   Airdrie 3 points, -2GD

9  (10)   Brechin 2 points, -2GD

The best team I've watched against us was Forfar.  Raith absolutely murdered us in that 5-1 game but it was clear our team had chucked playing for Aitken and Aitken similarly didn't really know how to organise them. Forfar comfortably beat us in 3 of our matches and I think they had their foot off the gas by the time the 4th came around. Really didn't expect Forfar to be up there with the defence they had but fair fucks to them. I fancy them or Montrose for the play-offs (sorry Raith fans).

The best team against us in football terms if not results, Arbroath with 9 points ( 1 win)                                                   3 points

The  first ,though not style was ,Raith 10( 1 draw)  but we threw away that 3-4 game!                                                                      1 point

The third was Stenny with 9 points gone ( 1 win and with 10 men!)                                                                                                               3 points

Montrose took 6 ( 2 wins each)                                                                                                                                                                                                    6 points

Dumbarton took 4 ( all draws)                                                                                                                                                                                               4 points

East Fife took 4 ( but 2 wins for us)                                                                                                                                                                             7 points

Brechin took 6 ( 2 wins each)                                                                                                                                                                                                       6 points

Stranraer 0 points ( 4 wins)                                                                                                                                                                                                    12 points

Forfar 6 points gone but 2 wins each                                                                                                                                                                                     6 points

So many 1 goal defeats.

Other than us, however like I've said, a good part of the second half of the season we were extremely turgid, I thought Forfar were the best team and I guess the league table shows that too

I said at the start of the year I thought Raith might struggle a wee bit whilst some said they'd walk it and I said I think Forfar (and EF f**k knows what happened to them) could finish above Raith and it's happened

The most un Jim Weir / Forfar team ever. Limited hatchet men aside from Malone and Travis and some very good footballers. Easton/Hilson with Baird uptop is a great front 3. Reilly tidy in midfield too.

Other than them nobody has really stood out for me. Been a hard game most weeks, EF had a spell where they looked a really strong side but that disappeared.

For us it has to be Arbroath. Played them twice at Stark’s Park, where we are generally strong, and couldn’t get close to beating them. 

East Fife are a close second, in that they were also good against us at Stark’s and got a win and a draw.

Dumbarton, 12, +10
Arbroath, 10, +5
Airdrie, 7, +2
Brechin, 7, +1
Montrose, 6, 0 (all games were 2-0 victories for the away team)
Forfar, 6, -1
Raith, 4, -1
Stenny, 2, -4
Stranraer, 1, -5

Dumbarton and Arbroath gave us a bit of a doing. Stenny and Stranraer got very little off us. The rest are relatively even with wins being more or less traded. Sums up our season as we probably got the better of most teams in the first half of the season, and everyone evening it up in the second.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Says the man who supports the team who finished 7th. 

I can assure you the 4 times I seen Raith Rovers during the season they were absolutely brutal. Couldn’t string 2 passes from A to B. 

Well that certainly matters more than the final league position or the fact they are currently 3 games away from a potential promotion.

Let them have their moment.

They managed to get their first win against us in 30 years, 7 months ago, haven’t you heard?

Dumbarton, 12, +10
Arbroath, 10, +5
Airdrie, 7, +2
Brechin, 7, +1
Montrose, 6, 0 (all games were 2-0 victories for the away team)
Forfar, 6, -1
Raith, 4, -1
Stenny, 2, -4
Stranraer, 1, -5

Dumbarton and Arbroath gave us a bit of a doing. Stenny and Stranraer got very little off us. The rest are relatively even with wins being more or less traded. Sums up our season as we probably got the better of most teams in the first half of the season, and everyone evening it up in the second.
1 point from eight games isn't "a bit of a doing", it's an absolute fucking hammering!

Other than us, however like I've said, a good part of the second half of the season we were extremely turgid, I thought Forfar were the best team and I guess the league table shows that too

I said at the start of the year I thought Raith might struggle a wee bit whilst some said they'd walk it and I said I think Forfar (and EF f**k knows what happened to them) could finish above Raith and it's happened

The most un Jim Weir / Forfar team ever. Limited hatchet men aside from Malone and Travis and some very good footballers. Easton/Hilson with Baird uptop is a great front 3. Reilly tidy in midfield too.

Other than them nobody has really stood out for me. Been a hard game most weeks, EF had a spell where they looked a really strong side but that disappeared.

Travis really is not a hatchet man.

7 hours ago, fifer67 said:

I can assure you the 4 times I seen Raith Rovers during the season they were absolutely brutal. Couldn’t string 2 passes from A to B. 

Must be doing something right cause we finished miles ahead of you and finished off in the play offs not bad for a brutal team