Annan Athletic vs Stenhousemuir/ Stenhousemuir vs Annan Athletic

Bit of a selection dilemma for Murphy tonight, with us securing a play off position a few weeks ago he has been mixing up the team as much as he can with players coming back from injury at a key time. Impressed that it has made no difference at all to our recent form.

Some of the comments on this and other threads is a fine example of the power of suggestion. I remember, some time ago, Clyde fans labelling Annan as “ hatchet men ; hammer throwers etc. This notion appears to have grown legs and the urban myth propagated beyond fact. I can assure you Stennie lads that nothing can be further than the truth. Whenever I’ve been down there I have not seen any evidence to support this. Indeed, half the Annan team look about eight stone soaking wet and putting in crunchers would be the last thing they would get involved in.
Enjoy your night lads and go to the game with an open mind and not with the jaundiced opinions of others that should really not be throwing stones .

Of the 38 league clubs that made up the SFL when it split into 3 divisions in the 1970s only three of those teams have failed to win a league title,

The Shire - now wandering nomads in the wastelands of the LL but who at least reached the 2nd tier for a couple of years.

The most beige team in Christendom Kilmarnock who just stink up the top flight every season, offering nothing

and of course Stenhousemuir.

The ultimate in mediocrity over the last 44 years a club that has done nothing for decades but who appear to be giving themselves a chance to at least challenge for a title next season.

2 hours ago, Emfaefifeyahoorsur said:

Some of the comments on this and other threads is a fine example of the power of suggestion. I remember, some time ago, Clyde fans labelling Annan as “ hatchet men ; hammer throwers etc. This notion appears to have grown legs and the urban myth propagated beyond fact. I can assure you Stennie lads that nothing can be further than the truth. Whenever I’ve been down there I have not seen any evidence to support this. Indeed, half the Annan team look about eight stone soaking wet and putting in crunchers would be the last thing they would get involved in.
Enjoy your night lads and go to the game with an open mind and not with the jaundiced opinions of others that should really not be throwing stones .

Annan are a decent side who can absolutely look after themselves. Clyde opinions are clouded with the game where a couple of players were obviously shoved into the wall at the side of the pitch. No surprise you're doing the business so far tonight.

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

With respect gonny sling your hook and stop making this about Dumbarton and jobbers that played with them back in 'nam. I couldn't give two fucks.

Easy win tonight for The Mighty against these hammer throwers. A brace each for Hursty and Goals in a 3-1 win. Annan only scoring direct from a throw in.

590c35a4f0cd7_cagneyraiseglass.gif.b59ead36055c11e89f9373c785054551.gif

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

With respect gonny sling your hook and stop making this about Dumbarton and jobbers that played with them back in 'nam. I couldn't give two fucks.

Easy win tonight for The Mighty against these hammer throwers. A brace each for Hursty and Goals in a 3-1 win. Annan only scoring direct from a throw in.

tumblr_ni38r9DxJc1qgf1i8o1_400.gif.3572ebf9618f06ba2f9053005ec6b3c5.gif

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Of the 38 league clubs that made up the SFL when it split into 3 divisions in the 1970s only three of those teams have failed to win a league title,

The Shire - now wandering nomads in the wastelands of the LL but who at least reached the 2nd tier for a couple of years.

The most beige team in Christendom Kilmarnock who just stink up the top flight every season, offering nothing

and of course Stenhousemuir.

The ultimate in mediocrity over the last 44 years a club that has done nothing for decades but who appear to be giving themselves a chance to at least challenge for a title next season.

So Kilmarnocks 1965 League Championship win counts for nothing?

4 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

So Kilmarnocks 1965 League Championship win counts for nothing?

Since the league split in the 70s yes. They are one of three clubs who made up the SFL then who have  not win a title since then.

Maybe I could have been clearer.

Fermers don’t travel well. 3-1 Warriors on Saturday and then finish them off on pens when their minds are wandering towards getting back to the cows.

Do your homework before posting.

They are the form team in league 2 with 16 points from the last 18.

Also of the 20 matches they won, they won 10 of them away from home.

You may escape, or more likely I’ll be here to say....

GET DOON! .....