Annan Athletic vs Stenhousemuir/ Stenhousemuir vs Annan Athletic

22 hours ago, Neilly said:

You never see a post by a Nanna fan on Pie and Bovril and think "You know what Neil, that might be a human being".

Very much looking forward to sending the cattle back to their barn tomorrow shedding those milky, milky tears.

tmp_10680-gregg61968047093.gif.f246e72c4ad1a836705fc4f8700b9718.gif

Four breakaway goals in two games not much you can do about that really.
All the best to Nanna Pathetic next season. Enjoy it regardless if you go up or not. Nice wee club.
There is mucker. You can defend better, or score more goals than them.

Get fucking doon.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I love a well aged post. This one hasn't aged well though.

Screenshot_20190505-062119.thumb.jpg.a8bd52ad2005037b01ae342523374604.jpg

Still cracks me up after all these years people still diving in with two feet.

22 hours ago, Neilly said:

You never see a post by a Nanna fan on Pie and Bovril and think "You know what Neil, that might be a human being".

Very much looking forward to sending the cattle back to their barn tomorrow shedding those milky, milky tears.

Hows them milky milky tears tasting?

Relegation. What a gutter. Four games against Falkirk, something we've never had before and might not ever get again, down the toilet.

We performed better today than we did on Tuesday night and, until Annan Athletic grabbed their second goal, I thought we still had a chance, but that sucked the life right out of it. The defending on both goals, both from set-pieces was criminal - three of the four goals from across the tie came from corner kicks.

Let's go out and get pinted up because there really is nothing else for it tonight.

Annan were the better side over the two legs and can see why stenny finished where they did with nothing to offer up front.Swinglehurst for me was the best man on the park today.all the best for next season stenny,hopefully we wont be seeing you.

All the best to Nanna Pathetic next season. Enjoy it regardless if you go up or not. Nice wee club.
Taking it well?[emoji23]

13 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Relegation. What a gutter. Four games against Falkirk, something we've never had before and might not ever get again, down the toilet.

We performed better today than we did on Tuesday night and, until Annan Athletic grabbed their second goal, I thought we still had a chance, but that sucked the life right out of it. The defending on both goals, both from set-pieces was criminal - three of the four goals from across the tie came from corner kicks.

Let's go out and get pinted up because there really is nothing else for it tonight.

What could've been the biggest season in your clubs history and you've been done in by "nanna pathetic". A real shame x

I quite enjoyed that. Two very physical sides going right at it, with neither looking too hot defensively, and both looking pretty dangerously offensively.

That's the first time I've seen Annan this season, and I was hugely impressed. I've been admiring the job that Peter Murphy's done from afar for a wee while, but I thought he got their setup bang on today. They looked absolutely hard as nails. Aside from Chris Johnston and David Wilson (both of whom played well) every single one of their players was either really tall or an absolute unit. Sure they nailed a few of the dark arts; timewasting, winning cheap free-kicks and all that good stuff, but they looked a real nightmare to play against - and they should give Clyde a real game in the final.

As for Stenhousemuir, between getting a goal back (and what a nicely worked goal it was too) and Andy Munro going off I really fancied them to get the next goal and possibly force the tie to extra time. As soon as Munro went off all the rhythm that had been built up looked to drop away pretty quickly. Nothing really came off for Mark McGuigan or Greg Hurst, with Alan Cook looking like their main threat. I do wonder if things could've been a wee bit different had Conor McBrearty been playing. He was absolutely outstanding against us at the Rock back in March, mainly because of the physical presence he added. I get the feeling he'd have relished a game like today (assuming he wasn't sent off again...).

Good luck to Annan in the final, Galabank would be a superb addition to League One. Kind of fancy heading along to that too if the second leg is at Broadwood. The playoffs are great (when you aren't being relegated in them...). 

Best wished to Clyde hope you stuff this lot.  Took the piss time wasting from the 10th minute and the referee was conned on more than one occasion.  That said our tactics were poor and we seldom pressed them.  Poor defending cost us again. Staring to get concerned by Smith as he beomes more dependant on punching the ball. 

We really needed to play the ball to feet more than we did.  Breadner should have been canned long before he was and was there anyone who looked more diinterested than Morgan Neill.

We cannot rely on the punt to McGuigan all next season.

Would imagine Reid, Neill and probably Ferry and Duthie have played their last gmes for us and the rumour mill has it that Hurst is on his way as well. Let's also have less loan players as well. next season.

Well done Annan on getting to the playoff finals against Clyde, Comfortable win in the end for Annan against a Stenny side that really did not turn up imo. First Annan goal killed the game and though Stenny equalised felt that for a side trying to stay in League 1 they were poor. Did nothing really in the second half to try and get more goals and when Annan scored their 2nd game over for Stenny. 

Sorry to see you missing out on 4 games with Falkirk but at least you will have 4 games against the Binos to help you out.  :)

Disappointed but not unexpected that we would go down.  As far as i am concerned Bomber got us into this situation prior to being sacked and we were really doomed from then onwards despite a galant effort..

Had we got a second goal before they scored it really would have been game on but alas defensive errors again cost us.

As  others have said I thought the referee was very weak today.  Had he clamped down on some of the time wasting and fake injuries early on we might have had a great game. Cook's dive at the start of th second half was poor as well.  I assume if we had been in the same position we would have adopted the same tactics so should not be so bitter. 

Next season will be interesting we must play more balls to feet as shown when we scored.  Would imagine the door will be slamming on a few on Tuesday night or so.

Look forward to Annan staying down and being humbled next seaon.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Are you Stenny's very own version of Frank Conner??