20 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

When teams like Ross County can attract 3,500 from a population of 5000 in Dingwall what else can they do?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I hate then folk say this.

First of all, they massage their attendances, and have done for nigh on 20 years.  Everyone knows this.  Second, the majority of their fans don't actually live in Dingwall.  They come from Inverness, the Black Isle and other towns in Ross-Shire mostly.

First of all, they massage their attendances, and have done for nigh on 20 years.  Everyone knows this.  Second, the majority of their fans don't actually live in Dingwall.  They come from Inverness, the Black Isle and other towns in Ross-Shire mostly.

Is it true Game of Thrones was based on Dingwall, The Black Isle and Ross-shire?

Just now, ftk said:
2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is it true Game of Thrones was based on Dingwall, The Black Isle and Ross-shire?

If you mean folk shagging their siblings, then yes.

Apart from possibly of these colt teams bringing decent crowds there is absolutely no benefits to be had with this madcap proposal.
The super spfl looking to further diminish the integrity of a league set up that disproportionately benefits the premiership clubs.
As already been said get this idea tae f**k!

Apart from possibly of these colt teams bringing decent crowds there is absolutely no benefits to be had with this madcap proposal.
The super spfl looking to further diminish the integrity of a league set up that disproportionately benefits the premiership clubs.
As already been said get this idea tae f**k!

They won’t bring decent crowds though. That myth has already been debunked through the Irn bru Cup.

The stats guys could probably tell us exactly, however I'd say the average crowds currently across all our leagues are pretty healthy in relation to what they've been throughout history.

There's those who talk about the likes of Ayr getting 15,000 to 20,000 etc, however since I've been watching us from the mid 80's until currently, our average home gates have been from 1,100 up to the low 3,000's and currently we're getting around 2,300 and I'm pretty sure most teams are in similar situations.

Yes, we would get 8,000 - 12,000 against Killie and the Old Firm but these were the exceptions rather than the norm and again I'm sure it will be similar for most teams.

So basically taking everything into account such as cost, quality of product and general matchday experience, I'd say we're actually all doing OK at the moment.

9 minutes ago, ftk said:
10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's a well known fact that Michael Gardyne is King in the North. 

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Fair enough but the basic point still remains. We have more supporters per head of population than any country in Europe and for a rural team like Ross County to attract such an average attendance would give them little room to increase that attendance. I would reckon it is probably max'd out and no League restructuring will improve it IMHO.

17 minutes ago, ftk said:

12-12-10-10 for me. No colts though. Top 2 leagues split into 8-8-8. 36 games. Nothing much to complain about with that.

I forgot about the 8-8-8 idea. I actually quite liked it tbh. I'd love it for a season or two just for the novelty.

I can remember the 12 team Premier league with 44 teams in the early 90s, the fixture calendar was far less structured with international windows etc then, even in this league we had Falkirk vs Morton called off due to international call ups so there's no guarantee you could play through them. 

I'm not against the idea of a bigger 2nd tier in general (trade off between playing each other 4 times a season and meaningless games) but 4 extra midweek home games isn't going to make a world of difference financially. 

I'm not even dignifying the colts pish with a response. 

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You have a development fee between the ages of 12 to 23 in place, I think it's 5%.

5% of what?

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

First of all, they massage their attendances, and have done for nigh on 20 years.  

I see a lot of clubs accused of this and I don't understand it. What possible positive do clubs have for doing this, other than a few fans saying "decent crowd at the County game today"? 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I see a lot of clubs accused of this and I don't understand it. What possible positive do clubs have for doing this, other than a few fans saying "decent crowd at the County game today"? 

It's propaganda.  Used to attract potential players/sponsors etc.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They use the inflated figures to help with advertising. Can tell the companies that more people will see their boards.

Just now, TheScarf said:

It's propaganda.  Used to attract potential players/sponsors etc.

Would the tax man not be looking for more money though?

How about a 2-10-10-10-10 set up. The top 2 can play each other 36 times a season with no relegation and the rest of us can ignore them and get on with it.

44 times in the top league with a relegation play off?
Purely for financial reasons....