4 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

This is the list of average number of away fans the Dutch Championship sides bring on their travels;

image.png.fb48cc3632272d4878903bfa68beec4c.png

To put that into perspective, Ajax sells 0.9 percent of their away ticket allocation - PSV sell 1.7 percent - and that's with our country being as small as it is. So yeah, enjoy all 10 or so Premiership fans the Colts will bring to a rainy Tuesday night fixture at Tannadice.

Whilst I'm firmly not in favour it seems only fair to suggest that, such is the obsession some have with the cheeks, they'd probably bring larger supports than that.

This could of course be completely dispelled if someone can advise if they brought any/many to the cup matches this season.

Despite all the anti Falkirk rhetoric I want to state that I’m totally against this. I think we’ve just seen a very exciting Championship this season despite everyone being utter dogshit.
My concern is actually that because so many teams have been involved in a relegation scrap, the SPFL think that they will gain good support from the Championship teams as there’s no threat of relegation next season.
Absolutely ridiculous that the Old Firm agenda is once again being given precedence over what’s best for Scottish football as a whole....

1 minute ago, The_Judge said:

Whilst I'm firmly not in favour it seems only fair to suggest that, such is the obsession some have with the cheeks, they'd probably bring larger supports than that.

This could of course be completely dispelled if someone can advise if they brought any/many to the cup matches this season.

I would be inclined to say that, yes, the potential for more away fans is there, but then Ajax and PSV have incredibly loyal fanbases (both consistently sellout their 35,000+ seat stadiums) who have the added benefit of less travel (especially in the case of PSV, who have half the second tier essentially a few blocks down the road) - the fact they barely ever hit double figures in terms of away attendance makes me very much doubt the two mystery SPL teams will bring many, many more.

Because, for as much as lower league fans like us don't want to see Colt teams play, the fans of big teams likely can't be arsed either. Even if they go for the novelty of it at first, that will wear off pretty quickly - especially when the Colts regularly get clobbered (as we would hope they will).

36 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Were Falkirk ever "box office"?

I genuinely don’t know if their fans are trolling or not when they talk about their crowds. They usually bring a decent support to Firhill, but nothing extraordinary.

Their made-up, did not happen home attendances are hilarious, too.

20 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

In terms of overall match attendance, Rangers Colts had a crowd of 636 for their game against Falkirk.

Celtic Colts last season had 200 for a match against Annan. Rangers had 389 against Dumbarton.

Season before Celtic had 216 v Annan, 449 v Cowdenbeath and 1214 away to Livingston.  Rangers had 493 v Stirling, and 324 v Stenhousemuir.

Livingston game is the outlier but it's a safe assumption the majority were Livingston fans. Average crowd is probably around 400, so if you're being generous say 100-150 Colt fans, at best.

And these games were played when the senior teams weren't playing on the same day.

Edited by RandomGuy.

57 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

They know if Queens go down with Falkirk it’s bad news for the tv deal and crowds. 12 teams makes perfect sense. 

Do we want to see a Championship with Alloa, Arbroath and Montrose next season? 

Absolutely, although my liver would disagree.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Unlike many, I’m not against Colt teams in principle 

I like the idea of young players playing games that would be a hell of a lot more competitive than what they’re currently playing

However,  because this so is clearly in the pipeline to benefit two clubs and two clubs only it should be met with the cynicism it so richly deserves 

"If it included my team I'd be all for it but it includes teams I don't like so no" is a shite argument. You like the idea of young players playing competitive games? We have a perfectly fine system for that currently in operation. Colt teams to the benefit of ANY club should be laughed out of town. They aren't required at all and nobody can provide evidence it works. The Dutch are apparently about to bin their colt teams because it's been a waste of time. But no, apparently that's how Ajax are the greatest team of all time...

55 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

They know if Queens go down with Falkirk it’s bad news for the tv deal.

:lol:

Fucking hell.

Stenhousemuir Chairman has gone on twitter stating that the BBC article "is riddled with nonsense".  No prolonged talks have taken place and he has restated his resistance to Colt Teams, sounds like BBC have been fed some fake news

6 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

Stenhousemuir Chairman has gone on twitter stating that the BBC article "is riddled with nonsense".  No prolonged talks have taken place and he has restated his resistance to Colt Teams, sounds like BBC have been fed some fake news

Probably means that the talks have taken place between Neil Doncaster and reps from Sevco and Celtic the two unnamed clubs

In terms of overall match attendance, Rangers Colts had a crowd of 636 for their game against Falkirk.
Celtic Colts last season had 200 for a match against Annan. Rangers had 389 against Dumbarton.
Season before Celtic had 216 v Annan, 449 v Cowdenbeath and 1214 away to Livingston.  Rangers had 493 v Stirling, and 324 v Stenhousemuir.
Livingston game is the outlier but it's a safe assumption the majority were Livingston fans. Average crowd is probably around 400, so if you're being generous say 100-150 Colt fans, at best.
And these games were played when the senior teams weren't playing on the same day.

The chat on here...
To think that we get accused of continual crowdwanking......

Just now, roman_bairn said:

The chat on here...
To think that we get accused of continual crowdwanking......

:huh: one of the very initial points behind Colt sides was apparently financial benefits, theres literally none apart from increased crowds, which my post highlights simply aren't there.

:huh: one of the very initial points behind Colt sides was apparently financial benefits, theres literally none apart from increased crowds, which my post highlights simply aren't there.

The ‘financial benefits’ will be playing 44 games. If the supporters can stomach it given the number of meaningless games....