12 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Its the same people that would say that an expanded top flight would be a disaster as there would be so many meaningless games.

And there are also chairmen that every few seasons start asking for more money as they cant sustain full time football on the prize money on offer. That a revamp is needed.

Those chairmen need to listen to Leanne Crighton obviously, screw any employment law and start giving players mandatory full time hours for part time wages. Minimum wage doesn't apply to footballers.

Dude, the Colt teams (we call them Young Ajax/PSV/and so on) have ruined our lower leagues and anyone from the SFA trying to butter fans up to their inclusion is lying through their teeth as to the reasons for their inclusion; these officials can and should be considered snake oil merchants as far as I'm concerned.

We had Young Ajax win our Championship in 2017/2018, partly because their side was stacked with first team members who needed some game time and a fair few players like Carel Eiting and Noussair Mazraoui who will be playing Spurs tomorrow. All Young/Colt teams play in front of empty stands, bring zero away fans, and cause a dip in attendances whenever they visit a real club because, frankly, no one can get excited about playing them.

The Scottish pyramid has enough problems on its own without Colts running around shitting up the place.

I agree with you here. However, to play devils advocate here, does it not benefit the whole of dutch in general? As seen by Ajaxs performance this year. This improves the ditch co-efficient helping more of their teams in europe and also i think it gives teams more money? The national team has suffered the last few years but seems to have quite a few young promising players coming through.

I may be wrong

Edited to add. The post above kinda hits the nail on the head. There are so many otjer things to do before we probably even consider this

Adding clubs to the Championship and playing 44 games? Having a season with no relegation? Sticking together SPFL1 & SPFL2 into a single massive division? Finding cause for 2 more clubs - then deciding they should be OF 'B' teams?

Are we sure there wasn't a brainstorming session for "worst ideas ever" and the papers got catastrophically mis-filed...?

So a 44 game season can gtf?

How about the Championship emulating the Premiership?

12 teams playing 3 rounds of matches then splitting into a top and bottom 6 and playing each team once - 38 matches. Teams fighting for the title or against relegation can play those teams round about them.

To go with this, 2 up and 2 down between the Prem and the Champ.

For relegation to League one, I would be in favour of 2 up and 2 down. But the current relegation format seems to work. Only thing I would change would be 2-legged semi finals and one off final at the home ground of the highest placed finalist.

12-12-10-10.

The drop from L2 to HL/LL is a discussion for another post.

And colt teams can f**k off.

I am for a 12 team league.

Where is the p&p voting on this.

1. 12 team league as per premiership- yes, 2 nd top in Hampden playoff single game. 2nd bottom playoffs against 2 and 3 winner in L1.

2. Extra teams highland and lowland champions.

3. Colts, if part of the deal. Playoff between top six in premiership teams colts each season, can change.

No promotion for colts from L2.

Increase in prize money for lower leagues +10%

Fairer distribution in prize money  between top six in championship,  L1 and L2. No prize money for colts.

Dump diddy cup.

No reprieve for Fawkirk as applies 20/21, but will make it easier for their return

Edited by Paisley Ton
Added bit

12 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

I am for a 12 team league.

Where is the p&p voting on this.

1. 12 team league as per premiership- yes, 2 nd top in Hampden playoff single game. 2nd bottom playoffs against 2 and 3 winner in L1.

2. Extra teams highland and lowland champions.

3. Colts, if part of the deal. Playoff between top six in premiership teams colts each season, can change.

No promotion for colts from L2.

Increase in prize money for lower leagues +10%

Fairer distribution in prize money  between top six in championship,  L1 and L2. No prize money for colts.

Dump diddy cup.

No reprieve for Fawkirk as applies 20/21, but will make it easier for their return

No 

Not in favour of dumping the Challenge Cup. It's a very elitist opinion. Just see what it's given to some lower league teams like Stenhousemuir and Dumbarton. It gives teams a chance of winning a national trophy.

Punt the 'colts' from it though.

Not in favour of dumping the Challenge Cup. It's a very elitist opinion. Just see what it's given to some lower league teams like Stenhousemuir and Dumbarton. It gives teams a chance of winning a national trophy.

Surprising given you’ve never won it even once in its entire history.....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Surprising given you’ve never won it even once in its entire history.....

Surprising that I don't want it scrapped?

It's not me that sends out reserves in it. I haven't been manager of Dunfermline Athletic.

Surprising that I don't want it scrapped?
It's not me that sends out reserves in it. I haven't been manager of Dunfermline Athletic.

Is that what you’ve been doing for the last 30’ish years? Now I understand........

Championship was arguably the most interesting division in British football on the final day, seems absolutely mental that's somehow been turned into a negative.

13 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The logic that's being put forward on Sportsound is ridiculous.

Clubs need to work within their finances. Saying that "oh 6 teams could still go down with 2 weeks to go, how do chairmen deal with that pressure?" is nonsense. In a 12 team league it could happen too. Does that mean that we expand to 14 teams because a 12 team league becomes so tight at the bottom?

Trying to add more Brechin's to the league to save bad FT teams from the drop is nonsense. You can tell Richard Gordon thinks its a load of bollocks too.

That's a nonsense argument. A lot of teams in this division only give out 1 or 2 year contracts and use the loan system, not to mention relegation clauses, so they shouldn't have too many high earners tied down if it happens. A competent chairman should be able to cut their cloth accordingly.

Also as a Falkirk fan I want the league expanded to 12 teams ASAP. Get it done that’s what I say. 
No wonder others want it almost 5/6 clubs faced relegation this season it’s time for change! 

Your posts are chronic.

And the Welsh and Irish teams.

I’ve not read all 9 pages of the thread so might miss things that have already been addressed. But I will say Rangers and Celtic are not at fault for wanting this, why shouldn’t they, it benefits them, begs the question of why other teams (hibs hearts Aberdeen) aren’t pushing for it too. It’s a stupid idea proved not to benefit the national team directly in countries where they have implemented it.

From my own coaching point of view, if you want to give youngsters more game time then the loan system should be being used a lot more than currently. With lack in funds for transfers, our reserve games should be filled with scouts from lower league teams like your Anna’s, Cowdenbeath’s, Clyde’s etc. Get players out on loan early.

This colts idea screams a lazy ‘quick fix’ from the SFA for our national teams failure. A wee wash their hands with it moment and revisit in 5 years. Personally the reason we are shite at football starts at the very bottom. No investment in grassroots football, I mean ffs every Saturday team is run by some boys da voluntarily coaching drills he learned 40+ years ago. Small countries like ours such as Croatia or even smaller, Iceland you need a minimum UEFA B licence to Coach over 5 year olds I’ve read, here our coaching badges are just a money making scheme. We lock pitches up on summer holidays etc.

Relying on 2 teams to produce players is the laziest idea I’ve heard from the SFA

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

That's a nonsense argument. A lot of teams in this division only give out 1 or 2 year contracts and use the loan system, not to mention relegation clauses, so they shouldn't have too many high earners tied down if it happens. A competent chairman should be able to cut their cloth accordingly.

It's clearly not as straightforward as that though. Inverness' most recent recorded loss was £800k. Queen of the South's was over £300k. After a couple of years of actually being in the black for a change we also ran up a loss of over £200k for the last financial year - which is why Cappielow has got a revolving door attached to it right now. Raith Rovers lost £393k in the division below and nearly £200k in their relegation season. Falkirk recorded a loss of £303k and f**k knows how much more that will be for your all-round disaster of a campaign this time round. There is clearly a structural problem in Scottish football outside of the top flight: it's not credible to blame incompetent stewardship for uniform, massive losses at every single club.

I think that there is a valid financial issue about the current league structure and the rather high chance of getting relegated to the seaside leagues. No full-time club wants to get stuck in that dinosaur's tar pit of a division and so clubs feel obliged to spend to keep up with the others around them to avoid that fate. Six Championship clubs out of ten having a chance of going down with two games to go might well be an exciting story, but it's totally unsustainable in the medium never mind long term. Clubs are going to face administration if not worse in the very near future if such financial and sporting pressures don't subside. And let's not kid ourselves here - the standard of football in this second tier has also been the worst in living memory; it's not as if fans are getting swashbuckling, Ajax-style football as part of this 'competitive' edge to the league. 

That does not mean of course that the changes being proposed are for the good of the Scottish domestic game - most of them are just terrible ideas. But I can understand why Championship clubs might be pushing for some new form of reconstruction to make the game sustainable at this level. What I'd like to know is where the significantly increased prize money has disappeared to compared to several years ago. It's absolutely ridiculous that clubs find themselves in exactly the same boat as they were in the old SFL, when Morton for example got just £50k or something for finishing 2nd at this level in 2013. If that extra money has just been spunked on inflated player wages all round then the clubs deserve everything they get right now tbh. 

Edited by vikingTON

Another point that hasn't been made; where the feck are the colt teams gonna play their matches? One option is that they rent grounds from Airdrie, Morton and the like, but it will be a scheduling nightmare, particularly if those teams were in the '44 game' championship.

The second option is that they play their matches at Parkhead/Ibrox, but once again that will be a scheduling nightmare, and will no doubt result in the two bigot brothers getting further TV spots if games need moved. Or even worse, it could result in the colt teams getting the TV spots.

It's all just a big plan put in place to benefit the two favourite sons of Scottish Football, and the fact that this is *rumoured to be* getting lapped up by he Championship clubs is a disgrace. I for one will be absolutely disgusted if I find out we've voted for this pish.

Aye ‘cos Ajax had no track record of bringing through world class talent at all until they got a Colt team put into an absolutely shite division.

Aye cant disagree with you tbh