Oh for f**k sake, it's now being claimed that it's the Championship clubs who are pushing for this change. Apparently it's too tight for some owners/chairmen.

Just been reported on Sportsound.

Horrendous if true.

Would not be surprised if a couple of Championship chairman were in favour of the idea right now - our own, desperately looking for a way out placeholder is a likely suspect tbh - but they just need to be named, shamed and subsequently hounded into changing their stance to reflect their fanbase's wishes, just like when Rangers died and they tried to parachute a zombie outfit into the second tier.

9 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I would absolutely love the powers that be try to justify shoe horning sellick & Sevco Colt teams into the league system ahead of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and any other ‘elite’ status clubs 

Because those other teams aren't interested in being involved

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

"Official" attendance is for all tickets sold though. I wouldn't be shocked if every club carried out this practice, I know we do that at Dumbarton and I'm not aware of any sponsors we've snared because of it (we have trouble getting sponsorship at all).

Cowdenbeath only publish crowds based on those present in stadium - season ticket holders not attending aren't included. 

6 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

I don’t support the colts coming but I can see the point of chairmen clearly they will bring more support than Arbroath and Montrose in the Championship 

Give it a rest you tedious p***k.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I hate then folk say this.

First of all, they massage their attendances, and have done for nigh on 20 years.  Everyone knows this.  Second, the majority of their fans don't actually live in Dingwall.  They come from Inverness, the Black Isle and other towns in Ross-Shire mostly.

The massaging is simply counting all season tickets as attending, whether the season ticket holders turn up or not. 

Bottom line is Championship clubs want two more clubs in their League as a safety net plus want to take some money away from club that finishes first and redistribute it around other Championship clubs.  There is no chance of Colts being allowed in at any level in the SPFL - just flying a kite and if any change is made 2 new clubs would be admitted.  L1/L2 clubs voted 20-0 against Colts teams being admitted to the SPFL at any level.  Changes such as these are more complex than they look as they lead to issues re voting powers, board representation, share of league monies which are not easily resolved

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

Bottom line is Championship clubs want two more clubs in their League as a safety net plus want to take some money away from club that finishes first and redistribute it around other Championship clubs.  There is no chance of Colts being allowed in at any level in the SPFL - just flying a kite and if any change is made 2 new clubs would be admitted.  L1/L2 clubs voted 20-0 against Colts teams being admitted to the SPFL at any level.  Changes such as these are more complex than they look as they lead to issues re voting powers, board representation, share of league monies which are not easily resolved

Exactly well said

30 minutes ago, virginton said:

Would not be surprised if a couple of Championship chairman were in favour of the idea right now - our own, desperately looking for a way out placeholder is a likely suspect tbh - but they just need to be named, shamed and subsequently hounded into changing their stance to reflect their fanbase's wishes, just like when Rangers died and they tried to parachute a zombie outfit into the second tier.

Aye, a few will fancy the season ticket price increase with 4 more home games, as well as the reduction of relegation chances.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The Championship was brilliant this year, so we should absolutely change it just to suit two clubs who will never be in it.

I'm sure the club's you refer to have an interest. But remember that with the playoffs, skewed in favour of the team in the higher division to avoid automatic relegatin, it was McMaster and Ballantyne that cooked it up. Designed to avoid a big club having a poor year going down.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

8 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

My name is not Phil and I’m guessing you support a ten team Championship then?

The Championship was fantastic drama this season, and is generally a most tense and competitive place to play. 

Moving to 12 wouldn't phase me necessarily, except for the 44 game nonsense, and the pure unadulterated raw sewage that is the Colts suggestion.

You are phil09 who made such a mess of a posting career on OneF that you had to get your handle changed.

25 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The Championship was brilliant this year, so we should absolutely change it just to suit two clubs who will never be in it.

If we wait a few seasons, I think the Govan based team of the OF that doesn't actually exist will be passing through again,  going by the cash 5he are splashing out at the moment

The logic that's being put forward on Sportsound is ridiculous.

Clubs need to work within their finances. Saying that "oh 6 teams could still go down with 2 weeks to go, how do chairmen deal with that pressure?" is nonsense. In a 12 team league it could happen too. Does that mean that we expand to 14 teams because a 12 team league becomes so tight at the bottom?

Trying to add more Brechin's to the league to save bad FT teams from the drop is nonsense. You can tell Richard Gordon thinks its a load of bollocks too.

The logic that's being put forward on Sportsound is ridiculous.
Clubs need to work within their finances. Saying that "oh 6 teams could still go down with 2 weeks to go, how do chairmen deal with that pressure?" is nonsense. In a 12 team league it could happen too. Does that mean that we expand to 14 teams because a 12 team league becomes so tight at the bottom?
Trying to add more Brechin's to the league to save bad FT teams from the drop is nonsense. You can tell Richard Gordon thinks its a load of bollocks too.
Its the same people that would say that an expanded top flight would be a disaster as there would be so many meaningless games.

And there are also chairmen that every few seasons start asking for more money as they cant sustain full time football on the prize money on offer. That a revamp is needed.