20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Would the tax man not be looking for more money though?

I was always under the impression that these clubs just announced how many tickets were sold (which will include season tickets holders not in attendance and any any free comps that are given out), which makes me think there wouldn't be any tax implications.

It's vital that whoever replace Falkirk as the Championship representative tell them in no uncertain terms that this idea if awful and the lower leagues dont want colt teams entering the divisions.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I was always under the impression that these clubs just announced how many tickets were sold (which will include season tickets holders not in attendance and any any free comps that are given out), which makes me think there wouldn't be any tax implications.

They give an official attendance, it needs to include all tickets sold. I don't think that's inflating attendances in the way being suggested here.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

They give an official attendance, it needs to include all tickets sold. I don't think that's inflating attendances in the way being suggested here.

I'd argue it is inflating attendances. The clue's in the word "attendance": it's possible to tell the tax man how many tickets you sold/gave away while also announcing how many people were actually at the game.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I'd argue it is inflating attendances. The clue's in the word "attendance": it's possible to tell the tax man how many tickets you sold/gave away while also announcing how many people were actually at the game.

"Official" attendance is for all tickets sold though. I wouldn't be shocked if every club carried out this practice, I know we do that at Dumbarton and I'm not aware of any sponsors we've snared because of it (we have trouble getting sponsorship at all).

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

"Official" attendance is for all tickets sold though. I wouldn't be shocked if every club carried out this practice, I know we do that at Dumbarton and I'm not aware of any sponsors we've snared because of it (we have trouble getting sponsorship at all).

We didn't until last season. The club made a sniffy comment that they'd now be following others clubs (*cough* Falkirk *cough*) in carrying out the practice.

Get this idea in the bin.

44 games is far too much when you include league cup group matches, Challenge cup and then Scottish cup.

If it ever went 12 team then surely a split like the Premiership would be a better idea.

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

SPFL claiming they don't have any plans to extend the Championship. So who is spreading this 5hit?

Two "unnamed" Premiership clubs. I'll give you a clue; it's not St Johnstone and Hamilton.

Or, alternatively, the SPFL saw the negative reaction and wisely pled ignorance.

The 12-12-10-10 is getting closer to the 12-12 going into (8-8-8)-18 from a couple of years back.

By f**k as soon as they had all the full time teams and the 2 colts in the top 2 leagues they would shut up shop and that would be it.

3 hours ago, ftk said:

12-12-10-10 for me. No colts though. Top 2 leagues split into 8-8-8. 36 games. Nothing much to complain about with that.

12-12-18 or 12-12-10-10 with LL & HL champions coming straight up would be fine - anything involving 2 teams colts getting straight into the league above every other team in the pyramid is a farce. if they want the colts in they can start in the SoS or West Juniors division 2 (if the juniors ever join the pyramid) at a push - personally  would have any colts , but its either open to every club to have a colts or none at all, pandering to 2 clubs is the lowest level of subserviant lickspittles. Current league rules dont allow colts any higher then tier 6 anyway (as per Stranraer, Annan and Stirling Uni).

I think a mid section of 8 with top 4 in the premier and bottom 4 in the championship would be excellent, a seperate trophy as well for the bottom 8 give teams something to play for etc and everyones happy

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

What do you mean by "official" attendance? Attendance is attendance. Tickets sold are tickets sold. If you report your attendance figure with the number of tickets you've sold instead of the number of people who are in attendance, you're inflating your figures.

Not every club carries out the practice, although it does seem to be on the increase. Ross County have been at it forever, and then Celtic started it when they were embarrassed that Rangers were getting bigger attendances in the 4th tier than they were in the top flight, and since then there's probably at least 10 teams in Scottish football that have started doing it.

Let’s be honest here. There’s plenty out there who would settle happily for a top flight of two playing one another 36 times a season.

Anyhoo. Go to the theatre, and it’s a sell out, but there’s usually a fair number of empty seats from people who can’t make it for any number of reasons. It’s still a sell out event in a 2,800 seat theatre. They cannot sell any more tickets. Describing tickets sold as “attendance” is hardly a crime. For example Aberdeen have many ST holders who work offshore. Citing them as being in attendance is the least of Scottish football’s worries.........unless of course, they are inflated in order to give up 20% VAT as a means of laundering money, and as most know, businesses that provide an entertainment service, or a personal service (something as simple as a haircut) are the laundering fronts of choice.