3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:huh: one of the very initial points behind Colt sides was apparently financial benefits, theres literally none apart from increased crowds, which my post highlights simply aren't there.

But if the bigot brothers wee brothers did get an established following any financial benefits would be offset by the inevitable increased policing and stewarding costs

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

So what is going to be the trade off in the negotiation for this?

An extra promotion spot from the championship to premiership, or extra prize money

No, there will be a very special base metal medal produced with a “2” on it to signify the additional two teams  who will lead us all to a brave new sunlit world.

48 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I genuinely don’t know if their fans are trolling or not when they talk about their crowds. They usually bring a decent support to Firhill, but nothing extraordinary.

Their made-up, did not happen home attendances are hilarious, too.

Now that would be a silly thing to do. You pay VAT on each ticket sold. Only a side seeking to launder money would seek to clean up their cash in this way. Is that even possible in Scotland? (rhetorical question).

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

"If it included my team I'd be all for it but it includes teams I don't like so no" is a shite argument. You like the idea of young players playing competitive games? We have a perfectly fine system for that currently in operation. Colt teams to the benefit of ANY club should be laughed out of town. They aren't required at all and nobody can provide evidence it works. The Dutch are apparently about to bin their colt teams because it's been a waste of time. But no, apparently that's how Ajax are the greatest team of all time...

:lol:

Not really, it doesn’t put me up or down if an Aberdeen Colt team goes 

I’d probably prefer not if pushed either way but I’m certainly not vehemently against it 

If Hibs & Hearts did it, I wouldn’t bat an eyelid 

Any OF centric ideas should be shunned 

1 hour ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

Arbroath vs Montrose will be box office viewing on BBC Scotland. 

I'd far rather watch a local derby between two teams on a similar level than watch the likes of Celtic pummelling 6 past Hamilton etc...........

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

As others have said, changing the entire league structure to facilitate adding in colt teams from the arse cheeks would be an absolute farce. 

I dont even get the supposed benefits for a start. A fair amount of pro players playing throught Scotland or abroad have played at the arse cheeks until they are released at 18 or 19. Those players then go to other clubs and make a decent career for themselves. All that would happen with colt teams is that players would hang around the arse cheeks for longer and reduce their chances of a decent career. Never mind reducing the quality of other teams as a consequence. 

Get the idea so far to f*ck.

You will still have the ongoing issue where good young players at every other club in Scotland would be developing at their "provincial" club only to be snatched away by one of the bigot brothers for tuppence happeny, so again the "Colt" argument is non existent.

As for the success in Holland, if I'm not mistaken the young Ajax superstar de jong was actually developed by Willem 11 and wasn't picked up by Ajax until 2015 by which time he had already represented his country at various age groups.

So Yes, it's just more bollocks to help out the bigots from Glasgow in any way possible and to Hell with the rest of us................

11 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Not really, it doesn’t put me up or down if an Aberdeen Colt team goes 

I’d probably prefer not if pushed either way but I’m certainly not vehemently against it 

If Hibs & Hearts did it, I wouldn’t bat an eyelid 

Any OF centric ideas should be shunned 

Doesn't matter what clubs are proposing it for me, it's a shite idea that fans of clubs who will have to sit and watch the colt teams don't want in any way, shape or form.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

The championship is the most exciting eague in the country, so it does not surprise me that those in charge want to do something to rip that blueprint up.

By exciting you surely mean absolutely shite ? 

2 hours ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

They know if Queens go down with Falkirk it’s bad news for the tv deal and crowds. 12 teams makes perfect sense. 

Do we want to see a Championship with Alloa, Arbroath and Montrose next season? 

You'd be more likely to see it if you increased the number of clubs :1eye

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Why should we bend over backwards to help and develop the old firms youngsters? If playing in League Two is suddenly going to help the Old Firm and produce great young players for Scotland then why didn’t Rangers take that approach when they were down there?

Nope, instead they decided to chuck money at diddies like Kevin Kyle, Fran Sandaza, Faure and Cribari.

To be fair they did bring a load of their youth players, but they just all turned out to be utter shite with the exception of Barrie McKay.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

You always see folk hit out with the "But Spain, Germany and the Netherlands have them" patter, but you never hear of the shite countries that I assume also use B teams.
Can anyone name them in order to aid the collective P&B argument?
[Mention]HibeeJibee[/mention], for example?

Not quite bored enough to properly check if these are all correct, or if there are many more, but I think in Norway, Ukraine, Japan, and the United States. Also saw mentions of Indonesia and South Korea but couldn't be bothered looking for those ones.

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Four youth sides from academies north south east west. Random draft system means each season until age 21 any side can possibly get the best players. Funded by transfer tax and the SFA.

You have a development fee between the ages of 12 to 23 in place, I think it's 5%.

3 hours ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

They know if Queens go down with Falkirk it’s bad news for the tv deal and crowds. 12 teams makes perfect sense. 

Do we want to see a Championship with Alloa, Arbroath and Montrose next season? 

Absolutely no person in this world would turn their nose up at Arbroath vs Dundee Utd on TV, for example, but suddenly if it was Falkirk vs Dundee Utd.... "cancel the plans, phone dominoes, get the beers in and the boys round... this is going to be fucking epic".

The fact that you seem to think they might makes me feel a bit sorry for you.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

You always see folk hit out with the "But Spain, Germany and the Netherlands have them" patter, but you never hear of the shite countries that I assume also use B teams.
Can anyone name them in order to aid the collective P&B argument?
[Mention]HibeeJibee[/mention], for example?

Austria just changed its league format to include colt teams in its second tier. The league went from 10 teams to 16 prior to this season and now has 2 colt teams from top flight clubs in the league (3 if you include Liefering who have been there for years and act as a feeder club for Salzburg).

Attendances this season don’t seem to have changed too much for the regular clubs in the division, but predictably the colt attendances are dreadful.

I think the concept of a bigger 1st and 2nd tier is a good one in terms that it should create more conducive conditions for sustaining 1 or 2 more full time Clubs.

Whether the imbeciles that run our game can attain the extra revenue to make this a possibility is highly unlikely imo.

Agree with the general consensus of getting Colts in the fucking sea.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

I think the concept of a bigger 1st and 2nd tier is a good one in terms that it should create more conducive conditions for sustaining 1 or 2 more full time Clubs.

Whether the imbeciles that run our game can attain the extra revenue to make this a possibility is highly unlikely imo.

Agree with the general consensus of getting Colts in the fucking sea.

Two large leagues is what we used to have and then it became three smaller leagues and then it became four smaller leagues.

Everything is just going full circle as it always does............