Sportscene last night

7 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

As shit as it is, it was refreshing to see them show the highlights of all the Championship games last night though it might have been a bit depressing for Falkirk and QOTS fans

I've said before on the Sportscene thread on the Premiership forum that there isn't any excuse for them to, at the very least, have some kind of results and table summary from the lower leagues. Given that most clubs do their own YouTube highlights as well now Sportscene could always pick a couple of the choice games from a weekend to go over. Or, maybe even have a Football League style highlights show with some of The Terrace lads fronting it.

Two games in a row we've appeared  on the telly and were pumped in both of them.  Maybe League 1 wouldn't be so bad if we could stay away from televised matches. And at least Falkirk won on Saturday so they have that slight consolation. 

Even if the Beeb don't want to put Championship highlights on the main programme they could put one on the new Scottish channel which seems to have plenty of free time.

Who knows I might be needing it next season.........:toilet

Edited by btb

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've said before on the Sportscene thread on the Premiership forum that there isn't any excuse for them to, at the very least, have some kind of results and table summary from the lower leagues. Given that most clubs do their own YouTube highlights as well now Sportscene could always pick a couple of the choice games from a weekend to go over. Or, maybe even have a Football League style highlights show with some of The Terrace lads fronting it.

Pretty certain that all of the highlights used on Sportscene was footage filmed by the clubs as I don't think the BBC had any cameras at any of the games.

Given that Sportscene is now an hour and 15 minutes, there's no excuse for them to not feature these highlights every week.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Pretty certain that all of the highlights used on Sportscene was footage filmed by the clubs as I don't think the BBC had any cameras at any of the games.

Given that Sportscene is now an hour and 15 minutes, there's no excuse for them to not feature these highlights every week.

One hour talking about the bigot brothers and 15 minutes to cram in all the rest usually. 

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The BBC had cameras at The Falkirk Stadium.

27 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

The BBC had cameras at The Falkirk Stadium.

Quite; as good a job as the clubs' own people do in the lower leagues, I'm not sure how anyone could have watched the Falkirk v Ross County highlights and thought it was anything other than the BBC's own production. It was a proper multi-camera OB.

This shows that they do have the resources to do highlights of at least one Championship game per week, as well as the Premiership games. Maybe in the 16 weekends without a live game, they can send the cameras somewhere on a Saturday for extended highlights, then use the club footage for goals and major incidents from the other 4 games. 

(Can't imagine why I'm now taking such an interest in coverage of the Championship :whistle )

This shows that they do have the resources to do highlights of at least one Championship game per week, as well as the Premiership games. Maybe in the 16 weekends without a live game, they can send the cameras somewhere on a Saturday for extended highlights, then use the club footage for goals and major incidents from the other 4 games. 

Just watched the Championship roundup from last night. Looks like SKY/BBC had single cameras at all the other grounds (there was 1 at Somerset). Would be nice if it was a regular feature. Since the launch of BBC Scotland the BBC have asked clubs for highlights. Only seen club footage used at halftime in the live Fri night games.

Hope we get more championship and lower league coverage next season. Doubt it. 1 hour and 15 mins. Still shorter than Scotsport SPL used to be, which never once I don't think showed anything outside the SPL.

(Sorry if ive given anyone nightmares reminding you of Scotsport spl)

1 hour ago, FBadgers said:

Hope we get more championship and lower league coverage next season. Doubt it. 1 hour and 15 mins. Still shorter than Scotsport SPL used to be, which never once I don't think showed anything outside the SPL.

To be fair, Scotsport SPL was just that - SPL highlights, from a deal with the SPL. The SFL was a separate entity then.

And Scotsport did used to show First Division highlights on a Sunday afternoon.

Need to talk about the OF though. Even if they aren't playing.

5 hours ago, FBadgers said:

You are forgetting that ads also come into that AND it was on at 10:45pm on a Monday night.