Season 2018-2019. How was it for you?

Remarkable the number of posters mentioning winning at TFS against the worst Falkirk team in living memory as a highlight....[emoji16]
Can only imagine how moist the likes of Airdrie, Stenhousemuir and Peterhead will be at the thought of locking horns with the Grangemouth behemoth next season.

Good 1st half,  abysmal 2nd half.  From a position of being in and around the top play-off positions to avoiding automatic relegation on goal difference was utterly disheartening. AND IT'S NOT OVER YET. 

Highlights: Early season pumpings  to Falkirk (sorry just saw were not to mention that,) and Ayr United plus Ross County a bit later on.  And Dundee in the Cup. Naysmith getting binned.  Having Dobbie  at the club. 

Lowlights: Just about everything in the 2nd half of the season.  Not being able to get the better of teams around us at the bottom end of the table when it mattered, especially Alloa,   Naysmith relying too much on Dobbie for goals and not addressing our defensive frailties. That last game v Partick Thistle,  we saved the worst til the last and most important game of the season. Too many negative performances relying on trying to steal points instead of going out with confidence to win games. 

Other highlights/low points will be available after the play-offs are decided. 

Pretty much a write-off for ourselves after King Snake's antics and the gamble to appoint Johansson not working out at all. A turgid league campaign wasn't even offset in the cups thanks to King Snake's ridiculous decision to treat two of them as pre-season kickabouts, before the Finnish dud topped it off with a horrendous cup exit - not even worthy of a 'cup shock' headline given how predictable it was at that time - at the hands of East Fife. 

The team and especially its senior players always had enough quality to consolidate our position and that came to the fore in the closing weeks of the campaign. The end results of emptying a dud chief executive and manager, the likelihood of a much needed change of ownership, a potentially viable fan investment group and of course confirmation of King Snake and all his mercenaries getting emptied into the seaside leagues has put a nice gloss on things compared to a month or so ago. Something resembling optimism for next season is now actually possible again. 

Shite

All is forgiven to Scott McDonald from previous years after he single handily saved us. I fully expect to sign Kris Boyd now and all will be forgiven when he gets us promoted next year 8)

Didn’t see one home win all season so stopped going as I genuinely felt like a jinx. 

Why? This is one of the worst Pars teams we've seen. It's been 28 years since we scored less goals at home.
Tell is what should be the highlight? Tell us why we shouldn't have seen beating you as a highlight? Falkirk and Raith are our big games.

Refreshing.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I could swear that Pars fans continuously told us that we were so needy, denying that Pars v Bairns was a big derby?
Now I’m getting it in the neck for suggesting that it should not therefore be considered a remarkable result as we were effectively cannon fodder.
How times change.....[emoji3]
Ps. I also enjoyed our pumping of you both times at EEP....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Refreshing.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I could swear that Pars fans continuously told us that we were so needy, denying that Pars v Bairns was a big derby?
Now I’m getting it in the neck for suggesting that it should not therefore be considered a remarkable result as we were effectively cannon fodder.
How times change.....emoji3.png
Ps. I also enjoyed our pumping of you both times at EEP....

Who said that our games aren't a big derby/rivalry/match? I never said that. 

We finished a massive 3 points ahead of you. Lots of Pars fans have said it's one of the worst Pars teams they've ever seen. 

No one said the results were remarkable either. Where did you get that from?

Who said that our games aren't a big derby/rivalry/match? I never said that. 
We finished a massive 3 points ahead of you. Lots of Pars fans have said it's one of the worst Pars teams they've ever seen. 
No one said the results were remarkable either. Where did you get that from?

Genuinely remarkable that what looked a reasonable squad at the start of the season only finished one win above a Falkirk side containing some of the most atrocious “professional footballers “ I have ever seen.

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I must have missed that we’re picking out the highlights of our relative poor seasons, BA?

Correct. A highlight. Not remarkable. They are different things. No one once said remarkable.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Genuinely remarkable that what looked a reasonable squad at the start of the season only finished one win above a Falkirk side containing some of the most atrocious “professional footballers “ I have ever seen.

Yes, but it turns out that our squad is remarkably shit and, as others have said, one of the worst seen at East End. The stats also show that they're one of the worst to be seen at East End. Even still, they should have done better, but didn't.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Seriously? ‘Remarkable’ results and ‘Highlights’ are that distinctly different?
Feels like the debate re whether the Pars V Bairns is a derby type debate all over again....emoji6.png

You're making little to zero sense :lol::lol: I'd just stop if I were you.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Seriously? ‘Remarkable’ results and ‘Highlights’ are that distinctly different?
Feels like the debate re whether the Pars V Bairns is a derby type debate all over again....emoji6.png

Yes. Very clearly different. It's bizarre anyone would claim otherwise.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Correct. A highlight. Not remarkable. They are different things. No one once said remarkable.

Yes, but it turns out that our squad is remarkably shit and, as others have said, one of the worst seen at East End. The stats also show that they're one of the worst to be seen at East End. Even still, they should have done better, but didn't.

David Coleman said remarkable all the time. 

Expeded expectations

9.5 out of 10

Spending only one week in the entire season out if the top 4 was a remarkable achievement and honestly I think but for injury's to key men like Forrest, Shankland and Adams we would have came very close if not won the thing. Who knows where the playoffs may take us but no Ayr fan dreamed of being in this position in August and to be fair to McCall he said pre season he did not see why we couldn't go for playoffs. highlight for me was Morten away they way we ripped them apart in a 20 min spell showed what we could do low point in the league any way was the 2-0 defeat at Falkirk we looked like we had completely hibsed it at that point and looked like we might even miss the playoffs. Player of the year (outwith the obvious Shankland) would be Doohan who has been a superstar and will be Scotland No1 one day or Andy Murdoch I honestly can't understand why Morten let him go Individual performance of the season was Moffat at Alloa up all night at the birth of his baby and comes out with a brace.

8 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Jesus, Itzdrk, you are bloody hard to please.  Seven out of ten for our League performance?  I understand a tad of disappointment after our stonking start but you need to look at the big picture mate. Also breaking down our season into the different cups just shitebaggery of the highest order, again allowing you to concentrate on the negatives.

Okay, I'm obviously not from Ayrshire - so I don't get a hard on over beating Kili nor the same level of sour puss over a loss to Talbot (losing Cup games to non-League clubs isn't that uncommon in England, I guess as there is more depth in quality there) but we have been the most professional I have seen us since I starting following Ayr back in 2006 when I moved  up here.

Overall it has to be a 9/10. Some glorious performances and the odd epic failure. A proper old fashioned season with the added spice of watching a player the national press are talking about at the same time. And the impossible dream is still alive, irrespective of how unprepared for an adventure in the Premiership we may be. 

Highlight was watching that Dundee Utd v Ayr Utd game, from their Directors Box as guests for added enjoyment.  Scoffing their very tasty (clearly Directors Box only) mini steak pies (I think I had three!) and trying not to break out laughing as the fifth went in front of a rank of grim faces was entertainment of the highest order! :lol:

Tasty Steak pies at Tannadice? Didn't Happen.

9 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Jesus, Itzdrk, you are bloody hard to please.  Seven out of ten for our League performance?  I understand a tad of disappointment after our stonking start but you need to look at the big picture mate. Also breaking down our season into the different cups just shitebaggery of the highest order, again allowing you to concentrate on the negatives.

Okay, I'm obviously not from Ayrshire - so I don't get a hard on over beating Kili nor the same level of sour puss over a loss to Talbot (losing Cup games to non-League clubs isn't that uncommon in England, I guess as there is more depth in quality there) but we have been the most professional I have seen us since I starting following Ayr back in 2006 when I moved  up here.

Overall it has to be a 9/10. Some glorious performances and the odd epic failure. A proper old fashioned season with the added spice of watching a player the national press are talking about at the same time. And the impossible dream is still alive, irrespective of how unprepared for an adventure in the Premiership we may be. 

Highlight was watching that Dundee Utd v Ayr Utd game, from their Directors Box as guests for added enjoyment.  Scoffing their very tasty (clearly Directors Box only) mini steak pies (I think I had three!) and trying not to break out laughing as the fifth went in front of a rank of grim faces was entertainment of the highest order! :lol:

Bearing in mind I started talking about the bit I found most positive I have no idea what you are on about.

This season, in years to come, will be looked upon as a great one.

At the beginning, it felt out if this world.

It was like a dream.

Then, we started to dream.

Then, we started to believe.

Then, we started to hope.

Then, we crossed our fingers.

Then, we fucked it.

Been such an entertaining / unusual season for so many reasons, many out with our club.