Season 2018-2019. How was it for you?

We won 12 games out of 36 (two more than we did when we finished 6th in the top flight 2 years ago), got to the quarter finals of the Scottish cup, and finished safely in mid table.

It was fucking horrendous until about 3-0 on Saturday when I could finally relax.

Some guys that happened this season:

Soulemayne Coulibaly: he signed, we fought for 2 months to register him,  he played 2 games, got injured, played another game and saw out the season playing centre mid in the reserves, all the while sending a series of " u ok h*n" tweets normally associated with single mothers or teenage girls

Ally Roy:  scored a fluke goal which was disallowed but celebrated it anyway,  we then put the picture of him celebrating  the disallowed goal on the front of the programme. Leaked a whatsapp chat photo presumably due to lack of available envelopes or no-one having him in their team, was found out by twitter polis and binned

Jai Quitongo:  he scored one goal, didn't do much else then went fugitive after an alleged altercation with his girlfriend and wound up in Iran

Brice Ntambwe: , he freaked out on a team bonding day where the players were captured by the SAS, and tried to run away. He was terrible at football and would up in Macclesfield (unsure if worse than Iran)

Jack Storer:  came with well documented attitude problems, scored one freakish goal against Morton , cried on the above SAS training day, was sent off THREE TIMES in reserve matches,  got into spats on social media after he left including his dad wading in and threatening to fight a Gary Caldwell parody account. Now on his third club of the season after leaving Redditch United.

Scott McDonald: eh, he was brilliant and we'd have been relegated if we hadn't signed him. I officially apologise for all the bad things I said about him over the years. Even won us a penalty, which is all I really wanted him to do when he signed.

Edited by Fuctifano

Uninspiring is probably too kind... Was disappointed in Crawfords appointment, just felt meh when he was announced. 

Terrible run but thank f**k for Bruce Anderson. 

Very poor. Highlights are few and far between. Trip down south in the challenge cup, wins at Tannadice and TFS are about it tbh. 5 game winning run which ultimately kept us up was good but not pleasing on the eye.

Getting skudded off the Rovers in the cup was a bit shit.

Its a genuinely poor reflection of the Pars season that their highlights are two victories over the worst Falkirk team most can remember, that were both subsequently avenged at EEP.

Not saying this to start a goading session, I actually thought the fifers would do really well with the squad they assembled. It really did go horrendously wrong for so many teams this season. Turgid shite from Falkirk, with only thr existence of surprisingly shiter teams saving it for Pars, Partick, Morton and Queens (provisionally). Really has been an odd Championship season.

Only Ayr and Alloa can really claim to have excelled themselves and even then it cant have been great for Ayr fans post xmas. Some fucking league.

Been going to pars games since 2003/2004 and this is the second worst season I can recall (if we’re insisting that 14/15 actually happened).

At least when we were disgracing the premiership we died trying to score.

Even when we went down from the championship in 12/13 playing half the season with the academy (only 2 of that squad are still professional footballers despite all still being under 35), if it weren’t for the point deduction they’d have gained 8 more points than this year’s sorry shower of shite achieved.

We had the worst squad in the league this season, and save for a run of 5 unconvincing wins in a row (where we successively played the teams in the worst form) we would’ve finished rock bottom.

Massive clear out required now hopefully including the coaching staff.

18/19 Rating: 2/10

Frustrating.

Frustrated that we started the year with Laszlo and he was allowed to bring in a bunch of players most of whom are nowhere near the squad.

Frustrated that Neilson continues to play a formation that did not best suit our players and did not/does not get the best out of them.

Highlight:  selling Craig Curran on to Dundee when he still has two and a half years on his contract.

Personal highlight:  still being alive at the end of another season (excluding play offs obviously).

It's been a slightly strange one. We've done what I hoped we would do and won the league with a game to spare and on top of that won the challenge cup and gave Hibs a run for their money in the league cup before going out and haven't lost to Caley over ninety minutes despite being mostly outplayed in the derbies for long spells. However, the football at times has been poor to watch. We seem to turn up for at best 45 minutes and it's been good enough to win the league this year- mostly due to three players- Mckay, Mullin and Midge. 

Highlight : Beating Caley 2-1 in Dingwall with Ross Stewart's header. We barely deserved a draw and yet came away with three points.

Lowlight: Getting scudded 4-0 away in Dumfries.

Best Goal : Mullin's goal against Ayr was a peach and shades out his goal against Dunfermline at EEP.

Player of the Year : Josh Mullin. Double figures for goals and assists. Hard to beat that.

9/10  would be 10 but felt we could have been safe earlier but that s being a bit picky considering ,

thought that if we could at least manage 9th at best so  8th is brill.

highlight ,          obviously the final score at Ayr on Saturday, but Dario's last minute winner against Dundee utd was the other . 

low point .             bad run we had that left us bottom and condemned by all for the 17,000 ,  time this season

Edited by whereismillar

The first half of the season was just horrible with a real low point the 5-1 hammering at Morton. Losing 5-1 to Morton, that's how low we had sunk. There looked to be no way back.

Perversely I've actually enjoyed chunks of the second half of the season. Sure, there have been some low points. A total capitulation at Dunfermline a case in point but for all the deficiencies of the current squad there has been a sense of togetherness, passion and a bit of fight.

Rarely if ever had a player made as much of an impact in a short space of time as Scott McDonald has. The sole reason we stayed up? Maybe not but a huge part all the same.

The decline since finishing top six continued this season but there a cautious signs for some optimism moving forward. I'm looking forward to next season and the summer's recruitment which is the polar opposite of 12 months ago.

45 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Remarkable the number of posters mentioning winning at TFS against the worst Falkirk team in living memory as a highlight....emoji16.png

Why? This is one of the worst Pars teams we've seen. It's been 28 years since we scored less goals at home.

Tell is what should be the highlight? Tell us why we shouldn't have seen beating you as a highlight? Falkirk and Raith are our big games.

Absolutely pathetic, almost completely tedious in every way, with a squad of players that no Pars fan will remember in 5 years’ time.

Highlight: 3-2 at United on the opening day. All downhill from there

Lowlight: The 3-0 cup exit to an awful Rovers team takes some beating but a pair of home defeats against Falkirk’s worst side(s) in decades takes the biscuit. The ghastly football all season gets an honourable mention.

Best Goal: The one at at Alloa with all the passes. We didn’t get many goals, never mind great ones.

Player of the Year: I’d have to say Joe Thomson. Didn’t expect much from him but he was the best of an awful bunch

43 minutes ago, Comrie said:

It's been a slightly strange one. We've done what I hoped we would do and won the league with a game to spare and on top of that won the challenge cup and gave Hibs a run for their money in the league cup before going out and haven't lost to Caley over ninety minutes despite being mostly outplayed in the derbies for long spells. However, the football at times has been poor to watch. We seem to turn up for at best 45 minutes and it's been good enough to win the league this year- mostly due to three players- Mckay, Mullin and Midge. 

Highlight : Beating Caley 2-1 in Dingwall with Ross Stewart's header. We barely deserved a draw and yet came away with three points.

Lowlight: Getting scudded 4-0 away in Dumfries.

Best Goal : Mullin's goal against Ayr was a peach and shades out his goal against Dunfermline at EEP.

Player of the Year : Josh Mullin. Double figures for goals and assists. Hard to beat that.

Aye, it's a weird one. It never really felt comfortable but we won the league & the Challenge Cup so it's hard to be too negative on it. But so much of that was on the shoulders of the 3 guys you mentioned, and then Brian Graham stepping up when he had to. There's definite worries though going into next season and strengthening needs to be done but end of the day, we won the title, we're back in the SPFL, it just turned out my expectations were ruined by the first time we won this league.

My highlight actually might be the ovation Fontaine & Vigurs got when they came on as subs in the QOS win. That was a feel good moment.

f**k sake guys, we’ve got little enough to celebrate this season without you telling us we’re not allowed to be happy beating our rivals away from home.

Your argument is that we’re now so much better than Falkirk that we shouldn’t even care about the games any more? Dafties.
Not sure what anyone else was saying but thats not what I was saying. I was merely saying it puts into some context what a rabble of a season this has been for an unusually high number of clubs

A season which showed promise after the league cup games and opening day win at Tannadice, turned into a shambles. After the United game we had a few bad results V Ross Co and Hearts, which were tough games. However the big defeats to ICT and Ayr early on for me were key. It was around here we moved away from the 3-5-2 system we seemed to want to adopt this season. It felt like we just abandoned our pre-season work. After which we were almost always lacking in confidence, no one shooting, some defenders not putting in tackles etc. When Crawford came in, there was an improvement defensively, and Bruce Anderson got some crucial goals. Crawfords recruitment seemed to make a difference. However that 5 game run gave way to a terrible final end to the season, exposing all the problems from AJ's part.

Highlight: 3-2 at United, 5 game run of wins

Lowlight: Defeat at Starks, and AJ's last game, throwing away a 2 goals lead. Andy Ryan missing chance V Falkirk

Best Goal: Umm, L Longridge V Ross Co in August

Player of the Year:  Tough category this one, either J Longridge or Thomson, and shout out to Matt Todd