PFA Team of the Season

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Find it strange that Safranko and Mckay were nominated for player of the year yet neither can make the team of the year?

For what its worth, Dobbie was streets ahead of anyone i watched this season

All 4 nominees were forwards. It would be pretty imbalanced to name them all in the team I guess. I know what you mean though.

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In the 3-2 he stopped it from being an absolute doing. He got the blame for the first goal but it was more Adams having no defensive instincts and staring blankly as the ball was falling down towards him.

Can’t really remember him doing much wrong in the other game. He parried a cross that landed at Ross Stewart but it was a clear handball so shouldn’t really have stood.

Maybe it’s because we’ve had some pretty poor goalies, especially last year, but I wouldn’t swap him for anyone in this league. Terrific goalie for his age.

In the game at Somerset I remember watching the goals and thinking "could've done better there", for a 19 year old he has terrific potential but I don't think he's the best keeper in the league presently. 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The PFA team if the season for the Championship has been chosen and it is thus;

Scott Fox - Ross County

Marcus Fraser - Ross County

Andy Graham - Alloa Athletic

Michael Rose - Ayr United

Liam Smith - Ayr United

Aaron Doran - ICT

Liam Polworth - ICT

Jamie Lindsay - Ross County

Michael Gardyne - Ross County

Stephen Dobbie = QOS

Lawrence Shankland - Ayr United

Thoughts? 

Hahahahaha 

F3014B04-3615-42A5-8713-163E40981B6F.png

My own thoughts are that Josh Mullin should be in there.  Probably for Doran, who has only started to play well since February. 

As for no United players in, its probably about right, yes they've finished 2nd, but no one has really stood out for them.  For each position, someone from another club seems to have played better all season. 

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

My own thoughts are that Josh Mullin should be in there.  Probably for Doran, who has only started to play well since February. 

As for no United players in, its probably about right, yes they've finished 2nd, but no one has really stood out for them.  For each position, someone from another club seems to have played better all season. 

The only guy at United who's been good all season has been Safranko, who was up against a couple of forwards who scored about a hundred goals between them. Can't really argue that they each deserve a place in the team.  The rest of our better performers didn't arrive until the end of January.

I thought Donaldson at Inverness would have been included. I have been impressed with him the times i have seen him. 

well done Andy Graham he was magnificent for us this year . Neil Parry could have been  in also . 

Shankland and Dobbie  were terrific this season