If that's the case, Flybhoy, why then did you make up a profile impersonating a Dundee fan to then hold a conversation with (one of) your other accounts? 

Fucking TELT! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A fair point being made here repeatedly: it's easiest to rack up clean sheets when playing for the title-winning team. However, in the OP I tried to draw a distinction between the first part of the season (Celtic and Rangers very close on points, Gordon  marginally ahead of McGregor on clean sheets) and the second (Bain coming in, shut-outs in the vast majority of games, in contrast to both Gordon and McGregor, and Celtic powering away).

It seems fair to expect the Celtic goalie to lead the shut-out stats, in the same way that we would expect the richest club to lead the league; but the introduction of Bain has knocked the others' performances (in this area, at least) out of the park, and has been strongly correlated with the definitive push after the Rangers win at Ibrox.

In other words, he's not just better in this respect, he's miles better; and that difference appears to have been reflected in the team's results. I suppose that it's hard for a team to lose too many points when they're not losing any goals in 5/6 of their games.

However, I'm not attempting to read more into this than the facts tell us; I was just struck by the big difference between Bain and the other two - Gordon and McGregor, and it does seem like a significant stat when it comes to a title race. Like a striker scoring almost every game is going to make  difference to his team's chances. Shut-outs and goals for a striker are approximately comparable in the number of times they occur; and pretty much everyone would see the latter as very significant.

1 hour ago, topsider said:

Bain’s stats are unbelievable this year. But let’s not pretend he’s anywhere near the level of McGregor or Gordon. Gordon had about 40 caps at the same age!

Gordon wasn't playing for Dundee though was he....that's the problem with the international team...you only seem good enough if you are playing for a so called big club

exhibit A ...jack Hendry was playing well in the center of dundees defence...Scotland have a friendly and have no center halfs available...lets just move boys out of position....goes to celtic they play him out of position he turns into horseshite….gets 3 caps.

9 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

Gordon wasn't playing for Dundee though was he....that's the problem with the international team...you only seem good enough if you are playing for a so called big club

exhibit A ...jack Hendry was playing well in the center of dundees defence...Scotland have a friendly and have no center halfs available...lets just move boys out of position....goes to celtic they play him out of position he turns into horseshite….gets 3 caps.

We’re you seriously expecting a guy who had Been at Dundee for a few months to be picked? And who’s prior achievements had been playing about 20 odd games at league 1/2 level in England with little effect?

He shouldn’t really have even been picked for Scotland when at Celtic but such was the injury crisis he got a cap in March. Being picked for the tour kind of made sense as he had finally played a full season with some decent game time.

You can moan about him not getting a cap in his very brief time at Dundee but Whilst there is some pressure in playing in front of some roasters in the Derry it’s not quite the same as playing in front of 50 odd thousand be it at Celtic park or Hampden. It is only natural to favour a guy who has now been exposed to playing under that pressure.

Edited by gannonball

Hendry wasn't even that good at Dens, he was just a big baby faced sexy b*****d that could control a ball at CH and pass it about a bit. He was still exceptionally questionable defensively, hence how we were leaking goals left, right and centre. 

Celtic took the word of the media and chucked us a load of dough for him and he was shown up because those around him were actually half decent defenders. 

The fact he got a Scotland cap off the back of the move was absolutely crazy - and shows exactly why from the top of the bottom of the game in Scotland everybody needs emptied. Happens far too often. 

33 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Hendry was shite in the games I saw when he played for Celtic. 

I doubt playing in front of 50k made him any better skill wise.

22 minutes ago, Dele said:

Hendry wasn't even that good at Dens, he was just a big baby faced sexy b*****d that could control a ball at CH and pass it about a bit. He was still exceptionally questionable defensively, hence how we were leaking goals left, right and centre. 

Celtic took the word of the media and chucked us a load of dough for him and he was shown up because those around him were actually half decent defenders. 

The fact he got a Scotland cap off the back of the move was absolutely crazy - and shows exactly why from the top of the bottom of the game in Scotland everybody needs emptied. Happens far too often. 

He was an absolute last minute January panic buy for us. We signed Compper who got injured straight away then another 2 Centre backs got injured and we didn't have anyone else lined up. I said I didn't rate him on here at the time given he had played very few first team games at quite a low level. One Dundee fan even claimed he was better than Ajer ffs :lol:. As I said the only way he got a Scotland cap was because of so many drop outs, I don't recall many fans moaning about him getting one at the time. Even with all our centre backs fully fit they are all pretty suspect.

This isn't right. The only friendly Scotland played while Hendry was at Dundee was a 1-0 defeat to the Netherlands under Malky Mackay.

We had 4 centre-backs available in the squad, but Kieran Tierney played there because he wanted to try out a new way of fitting him and Robertson into the team.

11 hours ago, topsider said:

Bain’s stats are unbelievable this year.

Well they would be, seeing as the team he plays for barely have any shots on goal against them.