2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Apart from when he's played in a game he isn't expected to win easily.

Shite when rangers tested him, shite when playing for Scotland.

I dont remember him playing shite against Sevco, he was great on his debut against them last year despite not playing for months.  don't think he was even that bad for Scotland. Even Alex McLeish managed to make an arguably world class full back in Robertson look bang average though.

He stagnated at the basket case club that is Dundee under some very under par managers and coaches. He’s then joined a huge club with a GK coach that turned Fraser Forster from a big lump in to a big game champions league player and also resurrected Craig Gordons career after 2 and a half years out.  He has improved and thrived under the pressure, still early days yet but signs are quite promising.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I dont remember him playing shite against Sevco, he was great on his debut against them last year despite not playing for months.  don't think he was even that bad for Scotland. Even Alex McLeish managed to make an arguably world class full back in Robertson look bang average though.

He stagnated at the basket case club that is Dundee under some very under par managers and coaches. He’s then joined a huge club with a GK coach that turned Fraser Forster from a big lump in to a big game champions league player and also resurrected Craig Gordons career after 2 and a half years out.  He has improved and thrived under the pressure, still early days yet but signs are quite promising.

Stevie Woods CSC. 

What he has done with our last 3 goalkeepers has been unbelievable. It can’t just be coincidence that these 3 goalkeepers just happened to kick on so much here.

think the media also take a large amount of credit when it comes to celtic players "improving"

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He stagnated at the basket case club that is Dundee under some very under par managers and coaches.

Listened to McCann have a rant on Radio Scotland yesterday about Jim McIntyres comments about previous managers and Dundee players in and out. McCann fined Bain two weeks wages after a game which he went to the PFA  to fight, Bain was sidelined after that. Thank God for Neil McCann is what I'd say

Just now, gannonball said:

What he has done with our last 3 goalkeepers has been unbelievable. It can’t just be coincidence that these 3 goalkeepers just happened to kick on so much here.

Since Woods joined the backroom staff, our goalkeeping is arguably the strongest it's ever been. 

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

Bain was always pretty decent to be fair. Too good for Dundee certainly. I think he has probably found his level now - good enough for Celtic but not good enough for English Premier or top English Championship sides.

I thought he was a class keeper for us...just not buying into all this since hes became a celtic player hes improved much....half the time he is doing f**k all.

12 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

think the media also take a large amount of credit when it comes to celtic players "improving"

Using one the examples I listed I dont think Southampton really gave a f**k what the Daily Record thought when they parted with what was decent money at the time for Forster to be fair.  A large spanish newspaper did call him the wall such was his performance against Barca  Though. A  previous Dundee goalkeeper (Douglas ) didn't get too favourable reviews off the media for us. For all the character Rab seemed to have he seemed to crack under pressure at times, Bain seems to love it. 

9 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Since Woods joined the backroom staff, our goalkeeping is arguably the strongest it's ever been. 

I have grown up used to Celtic having shite goalkeepers but since Boruc onwards we have been quite blessed.

Edited by gannonball

2 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

I thought he was a class keeper for us...just not buying into all this since hes became a celtic player hes improved much....half the time he is doing f**k all.

There have been plenty of examples of goalkeepers joining bigger clubs and the struggling with the concentration and pressure aspect and being caught out when ‘doing f**k all’. A prime example of this is when Man Utd lost peter schmeichel and couldnt get a player to handle the role for about 6 years until Van der sar came along.

There have been plenty of examples of goalkeepers joining bigger clubs and the struggling with the concentration and pressure aspect and being caught out when ‘doing f**k all’. A prime example of this is when Man Utd lost peter schmeichel and couldnt get a player to handle the role for about 6 years until Van der sar came along.

ive watched scott bain for a lot longer than you have and you'll never convince me that because he signed for celtic he suddenly became a better keeper...hes always been good just didn't ever get the credit he deserved playing for a struggling and more often poor Dundee team....imo any keeper in the league can play for celtic and have a decent shut out record.

Don't think Bain is that good to be honest. He had one outstanding season for us then 2 middling to pish seasons.

Don't think he's Scotland number 1 material or Celtic number 1 material long term unless he can consistently produce the form he had when he joined us originally. If he can, fair fucks to him. I'd say McGregor, Marciano and Lewis are all better keepers.

Utter c**t of a human being though. 

Edited by Ludo*1

4 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

ive watched scott bain for a lot longer than you have and you'll never convince me that because he signed for celtic he suddenly became a better keeper...hes always been good just didn't ever get the credit he deserved playing for a struggling and more often poor Dundee team....imo any keeper in the league can play for celtic and have a decent shut out record.

Hes not got better yet he has somehow gone from 2nd choice Dundee goalkeeper to displacing Celtic and Scotlands no1 in one year :lol:

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Some amount if rage directed towards bain from the championship teams fans.

Let it go lads, he's move onto bigger and better things.

nae rage from me...just not buying into this shit that any player you sign becomes instantly better....more often than not you get in good players and ruin them(young Scottish players)

Hes not got better yet he has somehow gone from 2nd choice Dundee goalkeeper to displacing Celtic and Scotlands no1 in one year :lol:

you do realise he was 2nd choice ONLY after falling out with McCann and getting the players union involved...and we all know the reason hes scotlands number one now eh.

He's a great reaction keeper and has good distribution, his only major flaw I recall was he's reluctant to collect the ball from crosses and is often stuck to his line. Clean sheets are earned by the entire team though, not just the goalkeeper, it helps he's playing behind the dominant side in Scotland where most of the game occurs in their opponents half.

1 minute ago, EpicMike said:

He's a great reaction keeper and has good distribution, his only major flaw I recall was he's reluctant to collect the ball from crosses and is often stuck to his line. Clean sheets are earned by the entire team though, not just the goalkeeper, it helps he's playing behind the dominant side in Scotland where most of the game occurs in their opponents half.

was it him not coming out for a corner that resulted in his falling out with McCann...McCann said he should come and bain said its the defenders job and the rest is history

Just now, EpicMike said:

I haven’t seen him collect crosses much myself but he does like a ball punch with us, for a keeper though he isnt the biggest however. He also has had Boyata though who just seems to be a magnet for any high ball.

He has edged further and further forward over time for us due to Rodgers swepper keeper preference and this is where he pisses all over Gordon for me. He takes next to no time pass the ball on which our defence are far more settled now for. They get the ball a second ealier than usual and that gives them a second longer to take a touch or pick a pass. I am waiting for him to be lobbed one day  now though with the higher up the pitch stance he has now.