St Mirren v Accies: Monday Night Madness

Football will take years if not decades to catch up with this. Nobody that matters gives a shit. Not the teams or the authorities.

Temporary head knock substitutions are the only way to deal with it. It was blatantly obvious he was concussed.

HT 0-0

Was hoping for an Accies red card inside 15 minutes. Bit rude waiting till 29 but thanks all the same.

Before that it should have been 1-1 inside 5 minutes, how Oakley has missed that i have no idea, just had to roll it in. Right let off. And then Kyle’s was almost as bad for us.

Surely even we will win from here... need to stay patient and keep 11 men on the park though. Accies will be dogged and time waste and shit house at every opportunity, as they should given the situation. We’ll need a bit of quality to break them down I think.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Temporary head knock substitutions are the only way to deal with it. It was blatantly obvious he was concussed.

Problem I have with this is in isolation is that clubs will abuse it. There needs to be some sort independent decision maker.

St Mirren been the better side.
Red was coming due to Gogic and Gordon having no idea how to hold a high line.
Oakley has been horrendous too.
Really don't fancy us at all, but at least safety is still in our hands.
On the plus side, looks a decent crowd and been a decent atmosphere.

Easy to see why these teams are at the wrong end of the table, error prone at the back, not clinical at all up front.

I'm probably in a minority of 1 here but I reckon Collum has had a decent game. 2 teams scrapping away, he's let a lot go. Mullen could have been booked, as could the big striker. Red card was the right call, no question about that.

As for MacKenzie's head knock, I agree that football has to change something. If a player is deemed to be concussed then he should be able to be subbed, without that counting as one of the subs, if that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Easy to see why these teams are at the wrong end of the table, error prone at the back, not clinical at all up front.

I'm probably in a minority of 1 here but I reckon Collum has had a decent game. 2 teams scrapping away, he's let a lot go. Mullen could have been booked, as could the big striker. Red card was the right call, no question about that.

As for MacKenzie's head knock, I agree that football has to change something. If a player is deemed to be concussed then he should be able to be subbed, without that counting as one of the subs, if that makes sense.

Mullen should be off. If he had the benefit of a replay Collum would have sent him off. 

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Mullen should be off. If he had the benefit of a replay Collum would have sent him off. 

Agreed. Could make a case for Accies no 99 also being gone though. Cynical as f**k and well disguised in doing what he did. 

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is the first Premiership match I’ve watched this season.  It’s been brutal.

You do realise that you have a two legged play off match to win this week before you are allowed to comment on any Premiership thread?

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. Could make a case for Accies no 99 also being gone though. Cynical as f**k and well disguised in doing what he did. 

I've watched the replay of that a few times but still can't see what he connects with. Definitely a late and cowardly attempt.