accies1874

St Mirren v Accies: Monday Night Madness

Can't complain about the result, although I did think we were alright after Gogic got sent off. There was just no way were scoring.
Oakley seemed to have an incredible chance right at the start - so incredible that it must've been harder than it looked? That seemed to knock his confidence and he was atrocious thereafter. I would've taken him off before Ogkmpoe. Miller had a decent chance at 0-0 and while he's by no means the reason we'll go down, I think we'll be looking back at two moments for him when we do: cunting a cross against Livi at 2-1 and missing that chance tonight.
Gogic and Ziggy were all over St Mirren's forwards for so much of that first half and it was always going to cost us. I thought Sowah played quite well when he came on but the first goal did come from his side.
We never really looked like scoring and had absolutely no chance when Miller went off, but it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if it was 11 v 11.
See you next year Dees.

Aye, I thought we'd maybe get a wee break from the Dundee boys next season. I should have known better.

Hiya pals.

I thought we did well. Once Accies went down to 10 men we were patient, moved them about and in the last half hour the chances started to come. Wasn't sure about the red, didn't see the Mullen one, and was certain the Accies no 99 was lucky not to be sent off, but will probably be proved wrong when I see it in TV. Still, great result. Saturday will be tense. Can't see either Dundee or the Saintees lying down, so bug test of bottle for both teams.

In a game Accies must not lose don't -

1) Get a man sent off early

2) Don't take - what is for Accies - an excellent away support as we always f**k it up. Every. Single. Time.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Tannadice or Inverness on a Thursday night we go...

In what way is Rice a 'judas'? Sounds to me like he's always had an ambition to be a number 1 and has taken it. I don't see any betrayal over him taking the Hamilton job. I would imagine he's applied for other jobs and St Mirren knew about it.

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Can't complain about the result, although I did think we were alright after Gogic got sent off. There was just no way were scoring.
Oakley seemed to have an incredible chance right at the start - so incredible that it must've been harder than it looked? That seemed to knock his confidence and he was atrocious thereafter. I would've taken him off before Ogkmpoe. Miller had a decent chance at 0-0 and while he's by no means the reason we'll go down, I think we'll be looking back at two moments for him when we do: cunting a cross against Livi at 2-1 and missing that chance tonight.
Gogic and Ziggy were all over St Mirren's forwards for so much of that first half and it was always going to cost us. I thought Sowah played quite well when he came on but the first goal did come from his side.
We never really looked like scoring and had absolutely no chance when Miller went off, but it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if it was 11 v 11.
See you next year Dees.

I thought Sowah was excellent to be honest. Quick and strong. I know the goal came down his side, but he was pretty much on his own out there and was up against Mcallister and McGinn so we were always going to be putting everything down that side.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

In what way is Rice a 'judas'? Sounds to me like he's always had an ambition to be a number 1 and has taken it. I don't see any betrayal over him taking the Hamilton job. I would imagine he's applied for other jobs and St Mirren knew about it.

He's not a Judas, the guy is talking shite.

I imagine that was a relatively fun watch for anyone that doesn’t support either side. Accies’ last ditch defending is something else, and it started to feel like ‘one of those nights’ with 20 to go. Credit to the players for remaining patient when it would’ve been easy to start shelling it long in hope.

Watching the key moments back now - red card looks right, although Mullen was pretty fortunate not to get something for his one on Gordon. Great persistence from McAllister for his goal, and nice to round it off at the end.

Thought Flynn’s introduction changed the game, would go with him from the start on Saturday ahead of Lyons.

7 minutes ago, GAD said:

He's not a Judas, the guy is talking shite.

He been dissing us at will ever since he joined that outfit.

1 minute ago, Paul Cicero said:

He been dissing us at will ever since he joined that outfit.

Any examples?

Well done to St Mirren and hope you beat Dundee next Saturday and avoid the play-off. 

Looking forwards to playing you in the Premier league season after next (hopefully)! 

Not even surprised about the result/performance. Not even shocked that complete clown Gogic got sent off. Pathetic performance again, make no mistake Dundee united will thump which ever one of the two of us ends up 11th (99% likely it’ll be us) 3 horrible football teams who should all have been relegated for the good of football.

Well done St Mirren, credit for the minutes applause as well the red headed accies ‘casual’ who was giving the w****r signs during it shouldn’t be allowed back.

Anyway looking forward to Dundee bending over and lubing up on Saturday while the st Johnstone reserves slot 3/4 by our car crash defence.

Your sub who came on after the red looked better than Gogic. Red card might be a blessing in disguise?

Your sub who came on after the red looked better than Gogic. Red card might be a blessing in disguise?

Maybe for Saturday, but it killed any chances of a point tonight.
A knock-on effect was that it brought Mimnaugh off and he is the only guy we've got capable of passing the ball.

By the way, St Mirren haven't been out of the bottom two since their 0-0 draw with Celtic on the 14th of September. Of course they'll wait until the last day to overtake us.

31 minutes ago, codfish said:

I imagine that was a relatively fun watch for anyone that doesn’t support either side. Accies’ last ditch defending is something else, and it started to feel like ‘one of those nights’ with 20 to go. Credit to the players for remaining patient when it would’ve been easy to start shelling it long in hope.

Watching the key moments back now - red card looks right, although Mullen was pretty fortunate not to get something for his one on Gordon. Great persistence from McAllister for his goal, and nice to round it off at the end.

Thought Flynn’s introduction changed the game, would go with him from the start on Saturday ahead of Lyons.

It was mate, a great watch.

I was there tonight. Took my kids along and joined the kids from school and staff who I’d sent the group offer too. I’d paid mine in to give other kids who maybe wouldn’t get the chance. £31 for four was good value I felt. 

Was a decent game to watch and the kids enjoyed it. Missed the red.

My son has asked to go to more games next season which is great. 

1 hour ago, Silvio said:

Indeed he was a fuckin Galactico at the back held them together