St Mirren v Accies: Monday Night Madness

16 minutes ago, GAD said:

Was the Mullen one really bad then? Our threshold for retrospective punishment has been a lot lower than most other teams this season so should we be expecting him to miss Saturday and the first leg of the play-off?

It didn't look bad at the game but looks really poor on the highlights - I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got a ban.

Was the Mullen one really bad then? Our threshold for retrospective punishment has been a lot lower than most other teams this season so should we be expecting him to miss Saturday and the first leg of the play-off?

Definitely a poor challenge and lucky not to be a red. Genuinely dint think he meant it though for what it’s worth, shite touch and tried to recover from it.

Because collum seen it at the time - can you still be retrospective punished? That goes for the 2 other Hamilton decisions as well

36 minutes ago, GAD said:

Aye it was naughty all right, he knew what he was doing and was very, very lucky to receive no reproach. 

Much like Ogmpoe knew what he was doing with the Gary Mac one. He was clever that he made no discernable movement of arms towards McKenzie but the replay clearly shows that shoulder flicked inwards just at the very last second. 

I don't think Mullen's is as bad as some people are making out. I don't think there was any intent, he puts his foot up but I reckon it's more to block the ball. He catches the boy on the shin with his studs but there's no real force behind it. You see red cards for it, but I think he would have been unlucky.  Fair play to Ziggy Gordon for just getting up and on with it.

Same for Ogkmpoe, he's late and has caught Mackenzie but I don't think he's deliberately tried to clatter his head. 

Two yellows for me.

Who was the Hamilton player in the first two minutes who went right through Mullen (I think it was Mullen). That was a dreadful challenge right over the ball. As clear a yellow as you'll see. Collum waved play on. That set the tone for the night. 

1 hour ago, DXBBud said:

TV pictures were clear, McCoist & Stewart were adamant no foul or no intent at the time, but then both back-tracked at half-time and agreed it should also have been red. The Hamilton thug clearly put his shoulder into McKenzie's forehead after making no attempt to get the ball.

Collum bottled that decision and got a few others totally wrong. All the talk about things "evening out across the season" and him being held up as one of our best referees is absolutely laughable and speaks volumes about the standard of officiating in Scottish football.

Horrible game to referee, played at pace with a combination of players leaving their foot in at every opportunity while hitting the ground all too easily with minimal contact (both teams). On the big decisions I listened to Sportsound on the way home where there seemed to be an agreement that Gogic should have seen yellow so I went home and watched the incident back ready to be disgusted by the injustice - red card all day long! For me Mullen's was a clear red card but the BT Studio ref bizarrely thought yellow, no doubt either way that Ziggy's honesty in not making the most of it may of saved Mullen from punishment. The Ogkmpoe incident was the most difficult to call, I've watched the incident a few times and still can't make my mind up either way whether he left the shoulder in deliberately or was trying to pull out the challenge and caught him accidentally.  

No complaints about Accies effort with McGowan and the underrated McMann both excellent but generally far too passive before and after the sending off.  Rice's substitutions were questionable and as much as he talks effortlessly about giving youth a chance etc...…. withdrawing the impressive Minmaugh and then bringing on Imrie rather than Lewis Smith when we were desperate for pace and energy in the last 10 minutes contradicts the youth mantra.

So onto Saturday and not full of confidence although (foolishly) I don't think it's impossible that we could lose and still avoid the play offs.

37 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Stephen McGinn though. What a stunning performance. Pulled the strings, controlled the whole game. Don't think he gave the ball away once.

Yep. And if we stay up, I hope we break the bank for Mihai Popescu. We'll make our money back when he moves on, of that I'm sure.

Yep. And if we stay up, I hope we break the bank for Mihai Popescu. We'll make our money back when he moves on, of that I'm sure.
Aye, the guy looks like he loves it here. Great player. The Czech wall in goals, Popescu, McGinn is 3/4 of a solid spine to the team.

No complaints about the result last night. We defended well after the sending off but I knew we would crumble eventually. When Minmaugh went off we lost all creativity in midfield as he really is the only one who can pass a ball in there. Scott Martin runs hard and tackles hard but he is actually a horrendous footballer who simply can't pass the ball. Two midfielders required next season regardless of what division we are in.

Rewatched the highlights.

St  Mirren are at it, cheating rats.

Willie Collum got an unreal amount of decisions wrong. 

Gogic was not a red as it was not an obvious goalscoring chance. 

Unreal. 

Football will prevail on Saturday when Accies stay up. 

Also the claims to get McGowan sent off were laughable.

Edited by Im_Rodger

7 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Rewatched the highlights.

St  Mirren are at it, cheating rats.

Willie Collum got an unreal amount of decisions wrong. 

Gogic was not a red as it was not an obvious goalscoring chance. 

Unreal. 

Football will prevail on Saturday when Accies stay up. 

Also the claims to get McGowan sent off were laughable.

Now I see why there was a scramble to get you back on this site. 

Top entertainment. 

7 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Just facts. 

Enjoy the play-off final when it arrives. 

We all know you're a wind up. Sadly not a very good one.  

Or maybe just a sad, bad, mad loser. 

If Accies get 3 points vs St Johnstone then I will say well done. But who really believes it will happen ?

10th place is now St Mirren's to lose mate cos your mob shat it last night and the sound of bottle crashing was deafening !!!

Edited by Wilbur