St Mirren v Accies: Monday Night Madness

Just now, DA Baracus said:

In what way is Rice a 'judas'? Sounds to me like he's always had an ambition to be a number 1 and has taken it. I don't see any betrayal over him taking the Hamilton job. I would imagine he's applied for other jobs and St Mirren knew about it.

He's not a Judas, the guy is talking shite.

I imagine that was a relatively fun watch for anyone that doesn’t support either side. Accies’ last ditch defending is something else, and it started to feel like ‘one of those nights’ with 20 to go. Credit to the players for remaining patient when it would’ve been easy to start shelling it long in hope.

Watching the key moments back now - red card looks right, although Mullen was pretty fortunate not to get something for his one on Gordon. Great persistence from McAllister for his goal, and nice to round it off at the end.

Thought Flynn’s introduction changed the game, would go with him from the start on Saturday ahead of Lyons.

Not even surprised about the result/performance. Not even shocked that complete clown Gogic got sent off. Pathetic performance again, make no mistake Dundee united will thump which ever one of the two of us ends up 11th (99% likely it’ll be us) 3 horrible football teams who should all have been relegated for the good of football.

Well done St Mirren, credit for the minutes applause as well the red headed accies ‘casual’ who was giving the w****r signs during it shouldn’t be allowed back.

Anyway looking forward to Dundee bending over and lubing up on Saturday while the st Johnstone reserves slot 3/4 by our car crash defence.

Your sub who came on after the red looked better than Gogic. Red card might be a blessing in disguise?

Maybe for Saturday, but it killed any chances of a point tonight.
A knock-on effect was that it brought Mimnaugh off and he is the only guy we've got capable of passing the ball.

31 minutes ago, codfish said:

I imagine that was a relatively fun watch for anyone that doesn’t support either side. Accies’ last ditch defending is something else, and it started to feel like ‘one of those nights’ with 20 to go. Credit to the players for remaining patient when it would’ve been easy to start shelling it long in hope.

Watching the key moments back now - red card looks right, although Mullen was pretty fortunate not to get something for his one on Gordon. Great persistence from McAllister for his goal, and nice to round it off at the end.

Thought Flynn’s introduction changed the game, would go with him from the start on Saturday ahead of Lyons.

It was mate, a great watch.

I was there tonight. Took my kids along and joined the kids from school and staff who I’d sent the group offer too. I’d paid mine in to give other kids who maybe wouldn’t get the chance. £31 for four was good value I felt. 

Was a decent game to watch and the kids enjoyed it. Missed the red.

My son has asked to go to more games next season which is great. 

From my seat in W1 West stand it looked like the Accies lad just smashed Gary Mac with an elbow. 

I haven't seen it back yet so I’ll be interested to see if Collum bottled it or got it correct.

I thought we pretty much pounded Accies second half, with some good patient play.  It looked like we were going to have one of those nights when we just couldn’t get the goal. But Flynn and Cooke made the difference as we made the extra man count.

McAlister took his goal superbly well, and Kyle Magennis has a touch of real class. Two of our own academy boys.

All roads lead to Dens :thumsup2  

From my seat in W1 West stand it looked like the Accies lad just smashed Gary Mac with an elbow. 
I haven't seen it back yet so I’ll be interested to see if Collum bottled it or got it correct.
I thought we pretty much pounded Accies second half, with some good patient play.  It looked like we were going to have one of those nights when we just couldn’t get the goal. But Flynn and Cooke made the difference as we made the extra man count.
McAlister took his goal superbly well, and Kyle Magennis has a touch of real class. Two of our own academy boys.

Was more a shoulder than an elbow but I still reckon it was deliberate and he knew exactly what he was doing. Should’ve been a red.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Was more a shoulder than an elbow but I still reckon it was deliberate and he knew exactly what he was doing. Should’ve been a red.

The intent to leave his shoulder where it was would be all but impossible to prove in real time, and nearly impossible with VAR. 

In my opinion he definitely stiffened up to meet Mack's head, and the intent was worthy of a red, but in reality it would never happen because it looked so accidental.

I'm hoping last night was pretty attritional for Accies and that they'll be knackered for Saturday. 

7 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

TV pictures were clear, McCoist & Stewart were adamant no foul or no intent at the time, but then both back-tracked at half-time and agreed it should also have been red. The Hamilton thug clearly put his shoulder into McKenzie's forehead after making no attempt to get the ball.

Collum bottled that decision and got a few others totally wrong. All the talk about things "evening out across the season" and him being held up as one of our best referees is absolutely laughable and speaks volumes about the standard of officiating in Scottish football.

Edited by DXBBud

Last night was how we should’ve been setting up all season. First half was thoroughly enjoyable with all the incidents.
Second half we finally managed what other teams do to us when we go down to 10 men.
It is a complete mystery how no.99 never got, at least, a booking before going off. His foul count almost summed to his shirt number. The guy Hamilton took off in the midfield following the red card looked the one most up for it & one that was prepared to pick a pass out. I think Rice made a mistake with that one.

37 minutes ago, DXBBud said:

TV pictures were clear, McCoist & Stewart were adamant no foul or no intent at the time, but then both back-tracked at half-time and agreed it should also have been red. The Hamilton thug clearly put his shoulder into McKenzie's forehead after making no attempt to get the ball.

Collum bottled that decision and got a few others totally wrong. All the talk about things "evening out across the season" and him being held up as one of our best referees is absolutely laughable and speaks volumes about the standard of officiating in Scottish football.

I thought Collum got so many things wrong last night. He gave fouls when there were none and let other fouls go. There was one in 2nd half when he gave Accies a goal kick when even from 100+yards away we could all see it should have been a St Mirren corner.

With the big decisions he got the Gogic one right. Mullen should have gone as well and that is a game changing decision at that stage of the game. Not sure about the Ogmpoe one, couldn't see it properly at the game but after seeing the highlights I don think he could have complained if he had got a red.

Was the Mullen one really bad then? Our threshold for retrospective punishment has been a lot lower than most other teams this season so should we be expecting him to miss Saturday and the first leg of the play-off?