St Mirren v Accies: Monday Night Madness

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

He's hot and cold, probably due to his injuries and the fact he hasn't played a huge amount of first team games. The boy has talent though, technically one of the best players we've had in a while.

Couple of decent players there you could build on Hladky, Magennis and McAllister/Popescu if you could get them back after they return to the parent clubs.

1 minute ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

Couple of decent players there you could build on Hladky, Magennis and McAllister/Popescu if you could get them back after they return to the parent clubs.

We also lost Dreyer back to Brighton through injury who was starting to become a real asset. Provided something like 5 assists and a goal. 

12 minutes ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

He did look decent too whenever I've seen yous this season. I think Kearney has an eye for a player.

It's difficult to tell if it's Kearney or Gus McPherson at this stage. Probably a combination of the two. Gus has always been able to pick out a player.

Tbh, I'm hoping it's Gus, as our long-term strategy is that he'll be there no matter who the manager is.

Glad we got it roon the Ginger Judas tonight he has been rabbling too much in the press lately, amazing how such a shit season is turning into a dream all of a sudden.  Flynn made us tick when he came on and i felt Accies were running on nothing (understandably so) towards last 30 mins.  All roads lead to Dundee now and should be taking 3k+ up there and i cannot fucking wait.

0_18988952.jpg

Considering the absolute woeful shit Stubbs left us Kearney has done a great job getting us to this stage as it looked impossible in December when we were 5 points behind Dundee. We are not there yet but we are fighting for our lives unlike Dundee who just chucked it.

Can't complain about the result, although I did think we were alright after Gogic got sent off. There was just no way were scoring.
Oakley seemed to have an incredible chance right at the start - so incredible that it must've been harder than it looked? That seemed to knock his confidence and he was atrocious thereafter. I would've taken him off before Ogkmpoe. Miller had a decent chance at 0-0 and while he's by no means the reason we'll go down, I think we'll be looking back at two moments for him when we do: cunting a cross against Livi at 2-1 and missing that chance tonight.
Gogic and Ziggy were all over St Mirren's forwards for so much of that first half and it was always going to cost us. I thought Sowah played quite well when he came on but the first goal did come from his side.
We never really looked like scoring and had absolutely no chance when Miller went off, but it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if it was 11 v 11.
See you next year Dees.

I thought we did well. Once Accies went down to 10 men we were patient, moved them about and in the last half hour the chances started to come. Wasn't sure about the red, didn't see the Mullen one, and was certain the Accies no 99 was lucky not to be sent off, but will probably be proved wrong when I see it in TV. Still, great result. Saturday will be tense. Can't see either Dundee or the Saintees lying down, so bug test of bottle for both teams.

In a game Accies must not lose don't -

1) Get a man sent off early

2) Don't take - what is for Accies - an excellent away support as we always f**k it up. Every. Single. Time.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Tannadice or Inverness on a Thursday night we go...

In what way is Rice a 'judas'? Sounds to me like he's always had an ambition to be a number 1 and has taken it. I don't see any betrayal over him taking the Hamilton job. I would imagine he's applied for other jobs and St Mirren knew about it.

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Can't complain about the result, although I did think we were alright after Gogic got sent off. There was just no way were scoring.
Oakley seemed to have an incredible chance right at the start - so incredible that it must've been harder than it looked? That seemed to knock his confidence and he was atrocious thereafter. I would've taken him off before Ogkmpoe. Miller had a decent chance at 0-0 and while he's by no means the reason we'll go down, I think we'll be looking back at two moments for him when we do: cunting a cross against Livi at 2-1 and missing that chance tonight.
Gogic and Ziggy were all over St Mirren's forwards for so much of that first half and it was always going to cost us. I thought Sowah played quite well when he came on but the first goal did come from his side.
We never really looked like scoring and had absolutely no chance when Miller went off, but it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if it was 11 v 11.
See you next year Dees.

I thought Sowah was excellent to be honest. Quick and strong. I know the goal came down his side, but he was pretty much on his own out there and was up against Mcallister and McGinn so we were always going to be putting everything down that side.