St Mirren v Accies: Monday Night Madness

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Accies to start time-wasting straight from kick-off.

We've seen it before over and over.

Nothing to offer, 100% anti-football.

They deserve relegation.

But the Championship doesn't deserve their tedium.

Falkirk are lucky to have avoided the b*****ds next season.

giphy.gif

Tbh I respect the few Accies fans that actually follow their club, seem to have a small hardcore band of them home and away

Never understood why so few people in Hamilton follow them

That said, hoping our crowd can make the difference and give the team a boost - this one really could go either way!

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Accies to start time-wasting straight from kick-off.

We've seen it before over and over.

Nothing to offer, 100% anti-football.

They deserve relegation.

But the Championship doesn't deserve their tedium.

Falkirk are lucky to have avoided the b*****ds next season.

Inject it into my veins. 

Both free buses (52 seats each) and the Vaults bus (70 seats) are now full. Probably be our biggest travelling support, other than Motherwell games, in a while. Hopefully break the 500 mark, which doesn't sound much but it's double what we had at the last St Mirren game and around half of our home support.
I still reckon St Mirren are gonna win - a win against a hapless Dundee doesn't mask our dreadful away record - but I hope we give it a good go and don't play like we did in the last game between the sides.

57 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Tbh I respect the few Accies fans that actually follow their club, seem to have a small hardcore band of them home and away

Never understood why so few people in Hamilton follow them

That said, hoping our crowd can make the difference and give the team a boost - this one really could go either way!

Appreciate any fans who follow there local team . Accies have punched above their weight they are a well run club. I for one don't see this as a walk in the park a draw is all they need. Hope we come out all guns blazing. 

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I still reckon St Mirren are gonna win - a win against a hapless Dundee doesn't mask our dreadful away record - but I hope we give it a good go and don't play like we did in the last game between the sides.

Worth noting that we were given a bitch slapping by Accies at St Mirren Park in December though. 

Wasn't particularly close to him but knew him well enough to know he was a great guy, as is his son.
Hope you're holding up YOH. Can't be easy for you and his close friends and family.

For those that don’t know we normally hold a minutes silence or applause for the fans that have passed away during the season on the last home game. 
Last year the ref fucked it up, hopefully   Collum gets this right. 
Maybe worth the Accies fans emailing the club to get the chaps name on the screen for the applause pre match.

Screenshot_20190511-004532_Twitter.jpg

I love all my my fellow buddies fans but have never understood why so many look down on accies and livi supporters cause they don't have big supports I think these guys are the best supporters in scottish football

11 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Sad news that well known Accies fan,Derek Findlay has passed away after losing his fight with kidney cancer in his mid 40's.

Derek went home and away with myself for 30+ years and leaves behind Ross,his son who still goes to games.Social Media is awash with tributes to Big Del who was there with myself and others all the way from The SPL to The Seaside Leagues and all the way back and he was one of those who fought hard to get us back to Hamilton after seven homeless years.

He used to post on here up until a few years ago and we are all devastated.

RIP Derek Findlay-a great Accie.

He was a gentleman as is his son. A very sad loss especially at such a young age.

8 hours ago, KB7 said:

I love all my my fellow buddies fans but have never understood why so many look down on accies and livi supporters cause they don't have big supports I think these guys are the best supporters in scottish football

I've never understood slaughtering folk who actually turn up to games for having a shite support. They've done their bit, what are they meant to do? 

11 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Maybe worth the Accies fans emailing the club to get the chaps name on the screen for the applause pre match.

Screenshot_20190511-004532_Twitter.jpg

Derek was 45 and his boy/family/wife are taking comfort in all the messages of support from Accies and St.Mirren fans who have indicated they will join in a minutes applause.

Many thanks to you all and one thing is sure,if St.Mirren succumb to the play offs we will be rooting for you.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Derek was 45 and his boy/family/wife are taking comfort in all the messages of support from Accies and St.Mirren fans who have indicated they will join in a minutes applause.

Many thanks to you all and one thing is sure,if St.Mirren succumb to the play offs we will be rooting for you.

45 is no age at all. Sickening stuff. Huge sympathies and pleased to hear there'll be an applause in his memory.