St Mirren v Accies: Monday Night Madness

This will likely be an awful and brutal game. It's also on TV with a big home crowd which never goes well for us. No doubt see Saints dominate possession and manage to lose 1-0.

In all honesty I've kind of settled myself that we're in the playoffs after failing to win Saturday- as much as I'd love the scenario of beating Hamilton and Dundee and St Johnstone doing us a favour, I can't see it all happening.

24 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

This will be a brutal game with the ball in play for a maximum of 15 mins. 

TBH I don’t think it matters what happens in this game as I can’t see Accies losing their final game. 

If we beat Hamilton,  we don't need them to lose on the final day. A draw for them, and a win for us would be enough, I think?

8 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

If we beat Hamilton,  we don't need them to lose on the final day. A draw for them, and a win for us would be enough, I think?

It would.

And would mean Magennis' 94th minute goal actually ended up meaning something.

Hamilton will get what is needed in their last game  at home with everything to play for. It's the play off's for St Mirren would put my house on it. That does not mean we don't try and win against Hamilton and Dundee as long as there is a chance we must give it our all. 

59 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Hamilton will get what is needed in their last game  at home with everything to play for. It's the play off's for St Mirren would put my house on it. That does not mean we don't try and win against Hamilton and Dundee as long as there is a chance we must give it our all. 

The other aspect here is that momentum is absolutely crucial at this stage of the season.

I said months back that if we did manage to haul ourselves into 11th place, that would at least mean we had managed to string some results together and gain some form - as opposed to being caught on a huge slide, Raith-style, and facing organised, motivated teams who've fought at the right end of their own division for a season.

tl;dr - I'd rather have worked our way up into the playoff position than slipped down into it.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

They Sainteeee basturds have only lost once in their last 5. Their recent form isn't  that dissimilar to ours . I reckon if we can overcome Hamilton,  we're in with a half decent chance of avoiding the playoff. 

Not even considering the scenarios available a week on Saturday until after this game. 

Let's not be looking ahead to what might happen at Dens. We have an Accies side on Monday that we have yet to beat this season, who will be stuffy and hard to break down and who will, quite rightly, be coming to Paisley determined to timewaste and shit fest their way to the point they need to drag themselves over the line. 

I am going to be sitting in a pub in Gran Canaria screaming at a telly, the only one paying attention and surrounded by disinterested holiday makers wondering why I'm getting so worked up about a scrappy bottom of the league premiership match. I'm genuinely dreading it. I hate watching us on telly at the best of times as it makes me infinitely more nervous than actually being there. 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Not even considering the scenarios available a week on Saturday until after this game. 

Let's not be looking ahead to what might happen at Dens. We have an Accies side on Monday that we have yet to beat this season, who will be stuffy and hard to break down and who will, quite rightly, be coming to Paisley determined to timewaste and shit fest their way to the point they need to drag themselves over the line. 

I am going to be sitting in a pub in Gran Canaria screaming at a telly, the only one paying attention and surrounded by disinterested holiday makers wondering why I'm getting so worked up about a scrappy bottom of the league premiership match. I'm genuinely dreading it. I hate watching us on telly at the best of times as it makes me infinitely more nervous than actually being there. 

In our last relegation season I was on a family holiday in Turkey when we were playing away to Motherwell.

Talked a restaurant of all places in to showing it.  We all got in, food arrived just as the game kicked off and it felt like before we'd had two mouthfuls we were 3-0 down.

Locals don't think had any idea who was playing or why these 6 folk were crying in to their beer!

Hope you have a better experience on Monday!

On 08/05/2019 at 06:35, djchapsticks said:

Absolutely, Hamilton have had out number this season and they have been grinding out results the past few weeks too. This will be a tough game, not one for the purists.

On 07/05/2019 at 14:13, flyingscot said:

St Johnstone doing us a favour

On 07/05/2019 at 16:10, Munoz said:

They Sainteeee basturds have only lost once in their last 5. Their recent form isn't  that dissimilar to ours . I reckon if we can overcome Hamilton,  we're in with a half decent chance of avoiding the playoff. 

13083317-e1479293875782.thumb.jpg.8e2301843cf2fbfebf377571ef07da12.jpg

584a91b3b4d03.thumb.jpg.2c8897b204812184a367b83d33316a40.jpg

Accies to start time-wasting straight from kick-off.

We've seen it before over and over.

Nothing to offer, 100% anti-football.

They deserve relegation.

But the Championship doesn't deserve their tedium.

Falkirk are lucky to have avoided the b*****ds next season.

43 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:
Unpopular opinion but Mickel Miller must start. 

Who would you drop.

Mimnaugh. 

I know it's a really unpopular opinion but when we won 3-0 VS St Mirren this season, Mickel Miller was untouchable. 

I also believe when he came on VS Dundee he looked sharp again like his earlier season form. 

Now here is the very unpopular opinion... Mickel Miller was our second best player this season. 

I'll await the pitchforks. 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Accies to start time-wasting straight from kick-off.

We've seen it before over and over.

Nothing to offer, 100% anti-football.

They deserve relegation.

But the Championship doesn't deserve their tedium.

Falkirk are lucky to have avoided the b*****ds next season.

Aye,must have been that anti-football which led to us scudding you twice and drawing the other game this season.

Spoke to a few Well fans I know who were saying you guys showed a lack of urgency and were playing for a point until you went behind which I find hard to believe as surely getting the three points would have put us under more pressure.This game,you will have to come at us and despite having a shite midfield,we have a few players who can hit you quickly on the break and decent strikers who can convert chances.

It will more than likely be a  slugfest although if you guys score first we will have to come out all guns blazing.Conversely,if we score the first goal,I would be very surprised if you score two even although we will be missing the experienced Kilgannon.

Fwiw,I reckon Inverness would test either of us more in the play offs but I would expect the SPL side to prevail.

If it goes to the last day,we play our bogey team of 40+ years St.Johnstone so all would not be lost for St.Mirren although I reckon we will do the job as we have been over this course before with players who know what it takes to grind out the result.

it looks like it may be a decent away support for once with folk who have been missing in action returning -many I know who stopped attending due to Canning.I've had people moaning saying there are no seats on any buses and this is folk who rarely attend away games...we will see.

it looks like it may be a decent away support for once with folk who have been missing in action returning -many I know who stopped attending due to Canning.I've had people moaning saying there are no seats on any buses and this is folk who rarely attend away games...we will see.

Accies fans moaning? No way, I don't believe you!