Rossvale to ground share with Benburb

glensmad

My point with me saying it’s unfair was in the sense as Rossvale don’t have their own ground they don’t have to pay to the costs associated with the maintenance and upkeep of having their own ground which the majority of other junior clubs have. This allows them to spend the majority of their  budget on playing staff with the obvious exception of renting Benburbs ground. 

15 minutes ago, CF72 said:

My point with me saying it’s unfair was in the sense as Rossvale don’t have their own ground they don’t have to pay to the costs associated with the maintenance and upkeep of having their own ground which the majority of other junior clubs have. This allows them to spend the majority of their  budget on playing staff with the obvious exception of renting Benburbs ground. 

They'll be paying rent though. How many clubs actually own their own grounds? You'd be surprised how many rent them, usually from the council. What does it matter so long as there's security of tenure? Again, this is why in today's world, groundsharing makes sense: reduces costs for the clubs involved.

...Huntershill is not fit for purpose for big crowds.I walked out at halftime against Hurlford  in the Scottish as I could not see the game as it was a bigger crowd than normal also it was pissing down with rain .Soaked to the bone...

There is no cover at New Tinto Park either.

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

As far as I understand it KRR are putting up a significant part of the funding from the sale of Adamslie. They will hope to learn from other new grounds built recently and provide more than just the absolutely basic facilities, ie playing pitch and changing rooms. Some covered terracing is a must, as is a capacity for at least 1000  I would think.

Went down to the site a few days ago and nothing has changed in the past few years although latest word is that work will start in June.

Was told at the game yesterday that they had put the plans for the new stadium up in Hat-Trix at their game last week for the fans to see and that there was information regarding the progress in the programme. My correspondent was confused though as he thought the programme notes were negative, something about a June deadline, in outlook but still they were sharing the plans as if it was all happening.

Edited by Jason King

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

East dunbartonshire council should hang there head in shame
In this debacle ,who ever designed the place should get there baws booted ,they knew a football club would be based there

I would tend to agree. Even down to little details like the spectator areas being on the opposite side of the pitch to the entrance and toilet facilities etc. Fans had to walk all the way round the ground on the outside of the cage to get to the spectator area, then back round again at half time for a cup of tea or the toilet, then back round again for the second half, then back round again at the end. And, as Rossvale had to put screens up on the fences to stop people looking in from outside the fence (under SJFA ground requirements), it became a bit of a farce. Why the spectator area couldn't have been built at the other side is just beyond me. None of this was Rossvale's fault, of course.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It still wouldn't be ideal, but could the council not have been persuaded to move the fences from one side to the other?

The pitch would have to have been moved as well, as the spectator area is paved at one side. I don't think there is room at the other side, as the cage adjoins to another pitch.

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The pitch would have to have been moved as well, as the spectator area is paved at one side. I don't think there is room at the other side, as the cage adjoins to another pitch.

I've only been once. Rossvale might be trying to shame the council in to acting by taking a Bishopbriggs based team to the other side of the city. It is hard enough building support locally, without uprooting the 1st team.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've only been once. Rossvale might be trying to shame the council in to acting by taking a Bishopbriggs based team to the other side of the city. It is hard enough building support locally, without uprooting the 1st team.

Why cant they share with Ashfield or Perthshire?

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

7 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Why cant they share with Ashfield or Perthshire?

That would put quite a strain on the grass playing surface of both potential venues. Neither of those sides are rich clubs.