Rossvale to ground share with Benburb

glensmad

Don’t think it’s fair to allow a club to permanently ground share with another club. I understand Rossvale are a fairly new club in Junior terms and have no doubt been let down by the council with regards to the facilities put in place at Huntershill. 

Don’t think it’s fair to allow a club to permanently ground share with another club. I understand Rossvale are a fairly new club in Junior terms and have no doubt been let down by the council with regards to the facilities put in place at Huntershill. 
Don't agree. I think it makes perfect sense as long as the playing surface can cope, which obviously won't be an issue at New Tinto.

Good luck to Rossvale in what they have decided to do. I have no doubt that the people who run the club have thought long and hard about this, as leaving their natural home area in the north of the city to come to the south side will have an impact on any local support they have built up. Perhaps they feel the move will help them build a bigger support. What is undeniable is that Huntershill would never have been capable of hosting regular Premiership attendances, and the top league is clearly Rossvale's ambition, whether it happens this summer or not.

26 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Good luck to Rossvale in what they have decided to do. I have no doubt that the people who run the club have thought long and hard about this, as leaving their natural home area in the north of the city to come to the south side will have an impact on any local support they have built up. Perhaps they feel the move will help them build a bigger support. What is undeniable is that Huntershill would never have been capable of hosting regular Premiership attendances, and the top league is clearly Rossvale's ambition, whether it happens this summer or not.

The support element won't happen. Benburb and St Anthony's among others will have been trying that for years. If the rent is ok and they can source revenue commercially or siphon it from elsewhere in the set up then it might work.

2 hours ago, CF72 said:

i said the same about AC and Inter ... but naebody would listen

3 hours ago, CF72 said:

Football grounds are expensive to build and maintain. Having them used once or twice a week as opposed to once or twice a fortnight makes sense financially at this level. Particularly when artificial surfaces are involved. Some clubs will struggle to upgrade their own grounds due to finances, planning permission, lack of space, etc.

I dont see this turning out well I'm afraid

Already in that area you have 2 teams - and 4 within a close commute as well as Rangers just along the road

I cant see folk from Bishopbriggs making the commute driving past 2 or 3 more locally based teams to get out there for what is already a team trying to "build" a fanbase

Sad course of affairs as totally agree that Hunstershill was never going to be a  workable ground

35 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Football grounds are expensive to build and maintain. Having them used once or twice a week as opposed to once or twice a fortnight makes sense financially at this level. Particularly when artificial surfaces are involved. Some clubs will struggle to upgrade their own grounds due to finances, planning permission, lack of space, etc.

This was the position the buffs found themselves in probably spent over 30k in the last 3 seasons trying to upgrade our ground and most of it was volunteer free labour and still was getting nowhere and realised they were just papering over the cracks and made a huge decision to relocate to the other side of the town were 120years old compared to rossvale who are just starting out at this level brave move for them but I wish them all the luck.

Not that bad an idea as Huntershill is not fit for purpose for big crowds.I walked out at halftime against Hurlford  in the Scottish as I could not see the game as it was a bigger crowd than normal also it was pissing down with rain .Soaked to the bone and also there was no way I could get to see about half the pitch as there was brollys everywhere

Rossvale as a team and what the have acomplished in a short space of time has been outstanding and the funds they have available .

Please no snidy comments about there academy funding them as thats a lot of crap The Juniors are on there own and the only benifit  from the money they bring in  

1 hour ago, nicotina said:

can't see a fanbase for them. will lose a few     imo    as fans will have to put up with traffic when rangers play at home & all that entails

albeit they  don't always play on a saturday

It means Rangers won't be the newest team in Govan anymore.

Eta correction.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

7 hours ago, Jason King said:

Thought just struck me - is what KRR are getting built not going to similar to Rossvale? Hope they are better at getting the council to put in proper facilities.

As far as I understand it KRR are putting up a significant part of the funding from the sale of Adamslie. They will hope to learn from other new grounds built recently and provide more than just the absolutely basic facilities, ie playing pitch and changing rooms. Some covered terracing is a must, as is a capacity for at least 1000  I would think.

Went down to the site a few days ago and nothing has changed in the past few years although latest word is that work will start in June.

Edited by garrellburn