Scottish Amateur Football League

Result of the day.

Motherwell Thistle 6 Alba Thistle 0..  

Didn't see the game but by all accounts Motherwell Thistle were outstanding against the Scottish cup final semi finalists.. Up and down season for Thistle but on their day they are competing with the top teams.. Interesting to see if they improve next year..?

Yeah some result for Motherwell thistle. Didn't see that one coming. St Joes beat them 4-3 in mid week and previous to that Oban Saints beat them 5-1 in the league cup though I think the Motherwell Thistle side were under strength that day.

A couple of big games in mid week coming up...

Alba Thistle    v     St. Joseph's FP        
Goldenhill    v     Motherwell Thistle

Top of the table is looking like this:

P   PTS
1 St. Joseph's    16    43    
2 Goldenhill    14    33    
3 Alba Thistle  14    32    
4 Oban Saints    12    30    

They have yet to add three points to Oban for Inverclyde being unable to raise a team against them last week.

SJ Joes last two games are against Alba and Oban.  Alba need to win in midweek to have any chance.

Alba 0 St Joe's 2

Goldenhill 6 Motherwell Thistle 2

With St Joe's winning Alba and Goldenhills chances of winning the league are gone. Only Oban Saints can stop St Joe's. With the league scheduling a 18:30 fixture on a Wednesday night for Oban away to St Joe's I'd say it's firmly advantage St Joe's.

I dont know much about the safl but I'm sure I read that the safl wrote to the safa asking them to consider Obans west of Scotland semi final against shortlees for a Saturday rather than midweek due to the distance they would need to travel. Now they go and pencil in a league decider for a Wednesday night. Stinks to be honest.

Oban have a free week booked for the 18th May, they then requested 11th off due to 2 players being selected for Scotland squad when Alba were due to go up.  When it came out yesterday that players were not selected they were offered to play Alba on Sat but refused, this would have allowed them to play St Joes on Sat 8th June. Oban offered to come down on a Wed night so no stitch up. As it stands 2 teams need to go up to Oban 1st and 8th June to accommodate them as that is 3 Saturdays in May Oban unable to play.   

9 minutes ago, Nikry said:

Oban have a free week booked for the 18th May, they then requested 11th off due to 2 players being selected for Scotland squad when Alba were due to go up.  When it came out yesterday that players were not selected they were offered to play Alba on Sat but refused, this would have allowed them to play St Joes on Sat 8th June. Oban offered to come down on a Wed night so no stitch up. As it stands 2 teams need to go up to Oban 1st and 8th June to accommodate them as that is 3 Saturdays in May Oban unable to play.   

Fair dos, Oban usually manage to pull a strong midweek side together for trips to the Central belt, I'm sure they're well used to it by now anyway.

ETA: Now you mention it, I'm sure it was said on the commentary of the West Cup final that one of their players is getting married this weekend.

Do they not have five league games still to play? Only seeing 4 listed. It says they've played 12 but they're getting the points for the Inverclyde game.

I'm assuming that North Glasgow Colts won't be making the trip?

Edited by List_of_Jericho

13 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

The League President of the SAFL is involved with St Joes. I'm sure he had no pull regarding that fixture on Wednesday night eh..... :D:D F*ck me.

Do  not  see any acknowledge of being wrong with the twisted  " SAFL  will fix it fur the president team " post ……...which was put 100% right by NIKRY   

Strange how you did not question the eligibility of your League moving the goal posts of promotion / relegation half through a season ….

Oh and these are the sort of delights another league Match Secretary  and clubs can look forward  to next season :whistle

On an interesting note on the Safl website...

Wednesday 15th

Oban Saints Vs North Glasgow Colts 18:30

St Joseph's Vs Oban Saints 18:30

Saints will do well to play both games at the same time in different locations. :-)

-----

They've change the Oban Saints Vs North Glasgow Colts  now to Wednesday 29th 18:30

Chances of this game happening....

Edited by 8 Bit

12 hours ago, 8 Bit said:

On an interesting note on the Safl website...

Wednesday 15th

Oban Saints Vs North Glasgow Colts 18:30

St Joseph's Vs Oban Saints 18:30

Saints will do well to play both games at the same time in different locations. :-)

-----

They've change the Oban Saints Vs North Glasgow Colts  now to Wednesday 29th 18:30

Chances of this game happening....

Apparently NGC not playing their last 2 games.

Do  not  see any acknowledge of being wrong with the twisted  " SAFL  will fix it fur the president team " post ……...which was put 100% right by NIKRY   
Strange how you did not question the eligibility of your League moving the goal posts of promotion / relegation half through a season ….
Oh and these are the sort of delights another league Match Secretary  and clubs can look forward  to next season :whistle

What league is that Auld Yin. Surely a league can't move the goalposrs during a season and knacker a team fur prokotion or relegation??

Grow up

Got a direct messge reply fom Auld Yin wae knoelege. He is takinh about the Calie League. Turns out they reformatted league for this seson coming. Apparently less teams rekegated and more teams promoted at end of season. He thinks thafs wronv. But i cant see problem if no one losing put?? Or am i missing sonethinv.

• 3 weeks later...

THE SCOTTISH AMATEUR FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2019/20

PREMIER DIVISION

Alba Th,  Barrhead Arky,  Castlemilk, Goldehill, Inverclyde , Kings Park Rangers, Motherwell Th, Port Glasgow Ams, Rutherglen, St.Joseph's

PREMIER DIVISON 1

Busby, Campbeltown Pupils, Carlton YMCA.Dunoon, Easthall Star,Glynhill Moorcroft, Hillington Lochgilphead Red Star, Neilston, Parkhall

PREMIER DIVISION 2

Cardross Ams. Claremont, Duncanrig FP, FC Argyle, Glenburn, Houston, Port Glasgow OBU, St.Convals [ new club ] Strathaven Dynamo [new club ] Tarbert

Promotion 2 up

relegation 2 Down