Summer Transfers of '19

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
10 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:
He sounds pish haha.

You guys thought Barrowman was bad. Muirhead is less than half the player.

You guys thought Forbes was bad. If Muirhead is less than half the player, he's alright in my book.

17 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

You guys thought Forbes was bad. If Muirhead is less than half the player, he's alright in my book.

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
17 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Nah, Forbes looked a bit of a player but stuck in a Jefferies team he was never going to shine.

His record is stinking, 15 goals in 144 games, can only hope Hopkin works his magic, never know, new club/fresh challenge n all that.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Forbes was never going to fit into Jefferies way of playing, he was an alright player, he did have a fantastic year with Morton right enough but his career since then is more akin to the player we had at Dunfermline. 

Muirhead is a weird one, you'd think he was a striker but he seems to want to play as a left forward/winger, he banged in a fair few goals in our reserves but never really looked upto it in the first team, I think his best cameo came as a sub against Morton at EEP. There's a player in there but apparently he's totally lacking in self confidence. 

Got a feeling Morton may be dark horses for the play offs this season . Big Muirhead may be hired for other things than purely scoring goals . I remember Hopkins brought big Miller in at Livingston for their push to runner up spot , seemed to work ok there ...

If Hopkin can effectively impose his pressing and hammer-throwing style and >50% of our ringer signings come good then the promotion play-offs would be possible; if the majority of them flop though then we could tank quite badly. 

Normally you can pencil in a realistic range of league positions once you have as many bodies as we've got in already (2012-13: 1st-4th, realistic challenge at the top; 2013-14: 9th-10th, stink the place out) but I'm honestly none the wiser this time round. 

Morton defo going down the ICT route . Big and strong with dangerous set piece . Doesn't pack a punch in the summer months but very effective later in the year . I have Dundee and Dundee United in the top four along with ICT . One slot left for the other five full time teams to go for . Morton are the biggest unknown quantity ... But with a manager with a recent track record in this division . One to watch I think .

On 06/06/2019 at 23:16, CaspianChris said:

Adrian Sporle to United a done deal according to the courier.

Transfermarkt site has him valued at £900K.  Does that make him the highest-valued player in the Championship?

ETA:  Mebbees.

Edited by The DA