Davie Anderson

Sancho Panza

One of the best players in the juniors(certainly in the eyes of Ladeside fans) hung up his boots today.Davie Anderson's body has finally taken enough abuse.

Not just a great player but a smashing fellow as well,thanks Davie for all your superb efforts in black and amber.

Nice touches from the Ford today in acknowledging the great man.

First time for me in the new bar area, very impressive.

As for the game- no comment :)

Absolutely Jook...just have to persuade him to do one more season. And then another one. Or two.

P.S. Lovely bits of class shown by several Hurlford players during & after the game toward Davie and also big Reon. If they happen to read this...it didn't go unnoticed. Well done boys.

Edited by Black Pennel
Schpeeelingness....and clarity.

8 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Great servent they don't make them like him anymore most go backto Queens Park than stay like he did

Will make a good manager one day for a team if he wants to go into that side off the game 

Was it you who spotted him and brought him to KL?

A complete footballer.Loved watching him play.  He is up there with the best I've had the pleasure of watching.  There isn't a junior team he couldn't have walked into.  A massive loss to the game and to Ladeside.

2 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Great footballer whenever i watched David . Also heard from a guy at work the manager Liam could be retiring as well .
Along with the big centre-half thats 3 big players and a big loss to the Kilbirnie team . Big summer recruitment drive for them .

Liam is not retiring he would have said he is still doing it was good against Talbot easy has another season left in him 

Fantastic player, stood out in the juniors & when I watched Rangers in 3rd division years ago against Queens Park at Ibrox he was a stand out as well.

Martin McGarvey said he was one of the toughest to play against as well.

Best player I've ever seen play for QP, an absolute joy to watch. Could of comfortably played in the top division in Scotland back in his prime but it just shows what a loyal player he was. Happy retirement 

Edited by qpfc

Was the best midfielder in the division when Rangers were in it. At the end of the season was in the top four performing players but cant remember if he won or not? I'm sure must have been offered full time football but money was never his motivator! Happy retirement Davie, you gave us QP fans great pleasure when you were there.

Very sad that Ladeside have finished as I'd have loved to see his last game.  Easily in the top three players I've seen in a QP jersey in over 50 years and definitely in my favourite XI.  Most QP fans seem to think the same.  Terrific guy and a gentleman too.  Strolled through matches; a joy to watch.

Very sad that Ladeside have finished as I'd have loved to see his last game.  Easily in the top three players I've seen in a QP jersey in over 50 years and definitely in my favourite XI.  Most QP fans seem to think the same.  Terrific guy and a gentleman too.  Strolled through matches; a joy to watch.

Most Ladeside fans didn’t know until the morning of the game that it was his last game tbh . Will be a huge loss not just to us but the game in general . Never seen him having a bad game