Confirmed Transfers - Summer '19

45 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye if they're aiming to finish top of League Two in 2021. 

How have we ended up at this level

Clyde will be up there with yourselves in battling for a top four spot. They have a manager that knows what he's doing which is usually an advantage.

The same can't be said for Falkirk but I would like to think their full time status will have them near the top by default.

Craig Thomson signs for Airdrie from Brechin City https://www.airdriefc.com/craigthomson-250519 

The article also confirms Leighton McIntosh has left the club despite announcing he'd signed a new deal earlier in the week. 

Transfer listed Dean Cairns has also confirmed he is leaving the club although no news on where he is going yet - 

2 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Craig Thomson signs for Airdrie from Brechin City https://www.airdriefc.com/craigthomson-250519 

The article also confirms Leighton McIntosh has left the club despite announcing he'd signed a new deal earlier in the week. 

Transfer listed Dean Cairns has also confirmed he is leaving the club although no news on where he is going yet - 

I'd be more than happy to see McIntosh at the Rock. He looked a real handful every time he played against us last season.

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I'd be more than happy to see McIntosh at the Rock. He looked a real handful every time he played against us last season.

Well, he must have got a better offer from somewhere... 

I don't want to derail this thread too much but he's a hard-working player that puts himself about and causes trouble in the right areas of the park. 17 goals too was a decent return for a team that was so crap last season. On that, though his finishing is very erratic. He fluffed his lines on plenty of occasions last season and I struggle to remember another player who hit so many one-on-ones straight at the keeper. I wasn't too bothered about him leaving at the end of last season but I'd have been happy for him to stay on as a backup striker or bench player as I think we'd get another pretty good return out of him in that regard and indeed thought this would be the case after this week. He'd be a decent signing for anyone at this level though.