Montrose v Queens / Queens v Montrose

Some great finishing today after a nervy start - Martin made a couple of good saves early on before we got going ourselves.

AJ did well to get that display out of the team - good positive lineup with Dobbie supported not isolated.

Thought Marshall, Brownlie and Dykes did very well with Dobbie turning in a virtuoso performance. Connor Murray tried hard but nothing came off and was very frustrated with himself.

I would have preferred to get Forfar
but just relieved to be involved.

37 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

My MOTM was actually Darren Brownlie. Came back from a serious injury and taken some pelters recently. Thought the big man put in a great shift today and hardly put a foot wrong. emoji106.png

Brownlie was excellent. He will need to make sure Ross Campbell isnt in his back pocket when he checks his trousers later. Campbell completely lost it first half and really should have seen red for his elbow on Doyle. That was before his pointing and shouting episode with our manager following the 2nd goal. Petrie clearly hooked him at half time before he got himself red carded. 

Perfect day for us though. Got it done by half time and were able to rest Dobbie and Dykes for most of the second half. And Dobs broke the record.

Apologies, I certainly didn't expect a crowd of 2001 to show up and pay cash today after last week's performance. Maybe "Magic" does have a faithful following who remember the good times at Palmerston. Martin's two saves at 1-0 were very important, hope  he gets due credit.

23 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Apologies, I certainly didn't expect a crowd of 2001 to show up and pay cash today after last week's performance. Maybe "Magic" does have a faithful following who remember the good times at Palmerston. Martin's two saves at 1-0 were very important, hope  he gets due credit.

He did make important saves. 

He dealt well with a decent free kick, but the one that stands out, he got a bit lucky with.  I think he should have got there first, but if not, been right on top of the attacker as he hit it.  Instead, he did that infuriating hesitating thing, and then saw the shot trapped by his feet beneath him, when it very nearly squirmed through.  

Today was terrific, but there were still danger signs.  

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He did make important saves. 

He dealt well with a decent free kick, but the one that stands out, he got a bit lucky with.  I think he should have got there first, but if not, been right on top of the attacker as he hit it.  Instead, he did that infuriating hesitating thing, and then saw the shot trapped by his feet beneath him, when it very nearly squirmed through.  

Today was terrific, but there were still danger signs.  

But it was still a clean sheet. He may or may not have got lucky with 1 but he did the job he was sent out to do. Cant ask for anynore than that.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Some great finishing today after a nervy start - Martin made a couple of good saves early on before we got going ourselves.

AJ did well to get that display out of the team - good positive lineup with Dobbie supported not isolated.

Thought Marshall, Brownlie and Dykes did very well with Dobbie turning in a virtuoso performance. Connor Murray tried hard but nothing came off and was very frustrated with himself.

I would have preferred to get Forfar
but just relieved to be involved.

I thought Connor Murray had a brilliant game. His work rate was troubling the defense which took the pressure off Dobbie and Dykes the latter of which was also immense, Dobs of course needs no introductions. 

Good solid team performance and the confidence after the second went in was clear to see. 

Raith will be a lot tougher opposition would have thought 

7 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

But it was still a clean sheet. He may or may not have got lucky with 1 but he did the job he was sent out to do. Cant ask for anynore than that.

Agreed, but again I think our defence were aided hugely by how well we did in an attacking sense.  

It meant we didn't have to withstand 90 minutes'  threat.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

AJ clearly likes to attack, which is what the supporters want to see. Hopefully this will bring the crowds back. I liked GN but he tended to worry more about the opposition instead of getting the team to play more on the front foot and take the game to the opposition. ( how many times has that been said on P n B this season )

The biggest thing that stuck out for me today was that Dobbs wasn’t left up front on his own today and had options left and right with Murray and Dykes.

I’m certainly a lot more confident that we can take Raith Rovers over the 2 legs and remain in the Championship for next season.

Sore one for Montrose today but credit to the travelling support. As a Queens fan I was applauding both teams at full time. Great team performance by QoS today and a huge improvement on Tuesday evening and  Montrose for the amazing progress made in the last two seasons.

We may well meet again next season despite today’s result. At least our doom and gloom has lifted a bit for the moment.

Well that was a bit of a sore one! Thought we did ok for the the first 10mins .. then let Dobbie do what he does .. for the next 10 we were on top and could’ve equalised .. then Dillo and Flem reproduced the fkk up that they’ve managed to pull off on a scarily regular basis .. leaving Dykes an easy finish. After that it was verging on farce .. think Queens scored with their first 5 shots on target? We occasionally do this to ourselves .. 2-6 vs Peterhead anyone? Anyway .. good luck to Queens. Keep Dobbie fit and you’ll dispatch Raith with ease. Without him you’ll struggle as Raith are decent up front but grim from midfield back. It’s been a great season for us .. 8th was the target. Need to bring in 2 or 3 better quality players for what is going to be a tougher league next year ... but thanks guys for what has been a real pleasure this (and last) season.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I didn't even think we were playing well at 3-0 up strangely enough. We look a completely different team once we had a cushion. A bit of confidence instilled.

Martin has made a couple of good stops at crucial times which was good to see.

The ref is doing his best to dispel the myth that they favour the 'bigger' sides as he's been awful for us. No 6 for Montrose is going to get sent off if he doesn't calm it. Even shouting at his own fans.

Give it 10 minutes and get Dobbie off and rested. What. A. Man!

He was telling us to make more noise!

1 minute ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Holy shit! he actually expected to score a hat-trick today!

What a player!

Na that was after 2nd goal, to break record. Dobbie is now on 43 goals!! 

Enjoyed the day out despite the score.

Great stadium, good crowd and great atmosphere with Mo fans in full voice.

Always liked Queens as a club and hope you do over Raith in the next leg.

From what we have seen of the big time Charlies form Kirkaldy this season, you'll have no probelm against them ;)

Shows what a Mickey Mouse league we have dropped into this result. Hope QOS stay up they don’t deserve to be down with incompetent clubs like us