Montrose v Queens / Queens v Montrose

Occasionally we play to the level of the players not the level SP has got them too. Today was one of them days.
I still thought at 2-0 we were still in the game. After the 3rd only one team in it. Great season, sore note to finish it on.

ooft. Not the result we wanted today and sounds like the roof really came in in the first half.

Hard to take but once the disappointment has faded our club will be able to reflect on a really good season. Hopefully we can add a few in the summer and have another really good go next year.

Well done to QoS and best of luck against Raith.

Dobbie was the difference.

The first one owed everything to great stuff from him in the first place in the centre circle, before he then did what he does in the box.

The Dykes goal was a result of a mistake and it was only then it got comfortable.  Montrose came close just before that and it still felt like a battle.

I had no expectation of the bulk of the afternoon being that comfortable.  

2 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

Could be worse. Could be Berwick.

FTFY.

Shame to go out on a bit of a pasting, but there was always a danger of getting Dobbied. I'd fancy Queens to take a bit of confidence out of this and might just save their hide next week.

11 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

What a difference a week makes. Maybe now all the knicker wetters over Magic’s appointment have got over themselves.
Glad Dykes took JT’s advice and had his boots on the right feet this weekend.
C’mon the South emoji170.png

Far far too early to make any reasonable assessment of the new manager.

5 0 against Montrose is a great result but we have been here before this season against Ayr Utd and County.

If Dobbie is firing on all guns Queens win. Even if Dolly Parton was the manager.

45 minutes ago, SueSue said:

If Dobbie is firing on all guns Queens win. Even if Dolly Parton was the manager.

Dolly Parton wouldn't have left him so isolated so often.

She understands the concept of support.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Take my hat off to our front two today Dykes and Dobbie. I thought Dykes had his best game ever for Queens and has a hand in everything that was good for Queens. A number of assists and if only he could finish like he did today he would have been approaching double figures in the league.

Dobbie - what can you say. He was also up for it, another weeks recovery from his injury helped but his finished was different class. Where has he been since the Dundee cup game

Sir Stephen will take all the plaudits with a fantastic hat trick and gets his name in the record books. Rightly so, the man is a God! What also pleased me today was that he actually looked fit and injury free [emoji106]

Great team performance all round with no failures! My MOTM was actually Darren Brownlie. Came back from a serious injury and taken some pelters recently. Thought the big man put in a great shift today and hardly put a foot wrong. [emoji106]

That didn’t look like a team of players not playing for the shirt today! Even Martin seemed to enjoy himself and had two very important saves at 0-0. Well done to AJ for pulling that performance out of a team in free fall. Looking forward to next week now.