Montrose v Queens / Queens v Montrose

As you say Johnston will have had an extra few days with the players,   but Naysmith had all season and he couldn't sort out the defensive problems or get a decent amount of goals from anyone else other than Dobbie. Hopefully Johnston will have sussed that Martin,  Fordyce and Brownlie aren't the best combination in defence and Doyle isn't a right back despite being signed as one. He must also see that our build up play is too slow,  in fact most things we do are too slow,  he has to get a bit of pace and urgency into the team with Stirling and Murray starting. His biggest job however,  and one I hope he has been working on, is to instil a bit of confidence and belief into the players. If we get an early goal it will settle us and there's no reason we can't go on and win.  Also Wilson has to settle down a bit and concentrate on one thing,  driving forward through the middle,  not trying to play in every position and burning himself out. 

Just seen the highlights the game is the story of our season giving away very poor goals and missing chances .

We seemed to lose every 50-50 ball and you can see we have no confidence .

Our only hope is a half fit off form Dobbie even at that he is better than anything we have .

We have to go for it go 3-4-3 really press Montrose hign up the pitch my worry is where our goals will come from we have no goals in the team 

Cant help thinking that the late shot off the bar will come back to haunt us.
Agreed. Would have been a tremendous goal and would have given us a great deal of confidence to finish the job tomorrow. I do worry that Queens get a quick goal because it will be a very tough game. If we can hold until until at least half time without conceding I will be confident we can do it.

23 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:
10 hours ago, PortyMo said:
Cant help thinking that the late shot off the bar will come back to haunt us.

Agreed. Would have been a tremendous goal and would have given us a great deal of confidence to finish the job tomorrow. I do worry that Queens get a quick goal because it will be a very tough game. If we can hold until until at least half time without conceding I will be confident we can do it.

Yes, I get the idea that hitting the bar might 'haunt' Montrose, in that it was so close and would obviously have affected the balance of the tie if it had gone in.

It's not as if it was a bad miss though, the type usually described as haunting someone.  It was a cracking effort.

Anyway, I wouldn't see tomorrow as necessarily about your team hanging on, until half-time or whenever.  If you come forward it's very likely you'll score at least once, making our job much harder.

A quick scan of our results suggest that in the 21 games we have played in 2019, we have scored 2 or more goals in 5 of them.  Three of those games were in January.

If that shot off the bar had gone in Montrose may as well have started preparing for the next round.  As it is they are still massive favourites.

Edited by palmy_cammy