Montrose v Queens / Queens v Montrose

9 hours ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Holy shit! he actually expected to score a hat-trick today!

What a player!

It's miraculous he played so well as rumour has it he had an undershirt for every goal up to 50. 

I would just like to temper the enthusiasm of Queens supporters here. You were playing against a side whose level is League 1 bordering on League 2. Stewart Petrie has done a magnificent job with a bunch of mainly average players and made them into a decent side. This is a team that was bottom of the SPFL when he took over only a couple of years ago. Well done to Queens certainly, but also well done to Montrose for managing somehow to get into the play offs. No shame whatsoever in getting beaten by a full time Championship side with the SPFL’s top scorer in it, even 5.0. And posters on here trying to take the mick out of Montrose, get a grip.

I would just like to temper the enthusiasm of Queens supporters here. You were playing against a side whose level is League 1 bordering on League 2. Stewart Petrie has done a magnificent job with a bunch of mainly average players and made them into a decent side. This is a team that was bottom of the SPFL when he took over only a couple of years ago. Well done to Queens certainly, but also well done to Montrose for managing somehow to get into the play offs. No shame whatsoever in getting beaten by a full time Championship side with the SPFL’s top scorer in it, even 5.0. And posters on here trying to take the mick out of Montrose, get a grip.

Certainly no Queens fans doing that. I thought Montrose and their fans were a credit to the club.

The belief that SP has instilled in the players along with key appointments in his back room staff is the reason that we are where we are.  It would be great to have a Dobbie, McAllister or a player of that ilk playing for us, however we have honest hardworking pro’s that play for the shirt.

As for yesterday perhaps a game to far, we gave Dobbie far to much space and respect & he punished us.  Can’t fault the players for their efforts this season.  Have not missed a game since SP took over and have seen our travelling support grow and to have 281 down yesterday was fantastic.  The kids are happy today as my voice is near enough away. 

Best of luck in the play off finals.

Yeah Queens fans don’t do “getting carried away” so that is a ridiculous claim. Most of us given recent form were genuinely worried about yesterday.

I’m obviously delighted with the result but it does seem a tad harsh on Montrose. Timing has worked against them really.

If they had faced the group of players that collapsed towards the end of the season to put us in the playoffs in the first place and without Dobbie, and managed by Gary Naysmith I’m certain it would be Montrose who would be preparing to face Raith. It was pretty much that scenario in the first leg as AJ was just in the door and Dobbie wasn’t match fit.

Yesterday we had a new manager who seems to have instilled a bit of confidence, and a hungry Dobbie out to break a record and rescue our season. After missing the end of the campaign he seems the type of guy who would feel responsible about our collapse and want to put it right. Even though it couldn’t be further from the truth.

We are incredibly lucky to have him.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Which posts is this in response to?

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Shows what a Mickey Mouse league we have dropped into this result. Hope QOS stay up they don’t deserve to be down with incompetent clubs like us

We look forward to seeing you next season and ramming  your sentiments right up your arse.

Dobbie playing for QOTS is like someone using the editor on footie manager and updating their stats 100 for everything.

Wish they had come down only to see how many goals he would score in league 1

I don’t really understand how a team that finished in the promotion play-offs, with a genuine chance to go up, are bordering League 2 but okay.

I only made the first leg but the Montrose support turned out in numbers and the atmosphere created was brilliant. Fans and players alike were a credit to their club. They’ve had a magnificent season. Unfortunately for them I don’t know how much longer Petrie will be around, but if he’s there next season it wouldn’t surprise me to see them 4th again.

Dobbie playing for QOTS is like someone using the editor on footie manager and updating their stats 100 for everything.

We aren't out of the woods yet. It would be interesting to see how he did down a division. He's averaged bang on 2 goals a game against the lower league teams we've faced this season. Granted some were lower than league 1, I don't think it would be inconceivable to suggest he would beat the record he's set this season.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Aufc said:

We aren't out of the woods yet. It would be interesting to see how he did down a division. He's averaged bang on 2 goals a game against the lower league teams we've faced this season. Granted some were lower than league 1, I don't think it would be inconceivable to suggest he would beat the record he's set this season.

There is a reason why that record was standing where it was at 41 goals. It was set in an era of less games but 5 man forward lines and matched in a frankly ridiculous all conquering season when we won almost every game and won a cup. That wont be the case next season even a level down with Falkirk there. As good as he is, Dobbie himself has been nowhere near 40 in any previous season and will be 37 during next season. He also wont have Lyndon Dykes doing his running for him and ruffling up defenders to clear space. 

Its fanciful to suggest he might get near that total again a level down IMO.

Presumably AJ will be signing a replacement for Dykes? He’s been a very effective foil for Dobbie but he’s hardly irreplaceable.

I don’t think his age is too big a factor. He’s as fit as he’s ever been and his game has never been about pace. I suppose it does increase his chances of picking up injuries but he reached this seasons total despite missing 2 months.

If we dropped down a level we would also be entering all the cups at an early stage giving him more opportunities against lower league teams.

I hope we never find out, but I think he would tear it up.

I’m convinced he fancies becoming our all time leading scorer, and I wouldn’t write it off. As far as Dobbie is concerned anything is possible.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Presumably AJ will be signing a replacement for Dykes? He’s been a very effective foil for Dobbie but he’s hardly irreplaceable.

I don’t think his age is too big a factor. He’s as fit as he’s ever been and his game has never been about pace. I suppose it does increase his chances of picking up injuries but he reached this seasons total despite missing 2 months.

If we dropped down a level we would also be entering all the cups at an early stage giving him more opportunities against lower league teams.

I hope we never find out, but I think he would tear it up.

I’m convinced he fancies becoming our all time leading scorer, and I wouldn’t write it off. As far as Dobbie is concerned anything is possible.

I think Dykes is massively under appreciated in what he does for Dobbie and I dont think he will be easily replaced at all to be honest.

And we wouldnt enter any Cup at an earlier stage being down a level. Indeed as we will now already (whether we stay up or not) be unseeded in the Betfred Cup we are guaranteed a harder group with a Premiership side AND another Championship one.

As much as I love watching Stephen Dobbie play for us he isnt getting another 100 goals for us when he is already 36.5 years old. I will write it off.

7 hours ago, overthetop said:

Certainly no Queens fans doing that. I thought Montrose and their fans were a credit to the club.

Sorry, I should have clarified that my post was in no way aimed at any Queens fans on here. From my recollection it was Caley, Falkirk and Morton fans.

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think Dykes is massively under appreciated in what he does for Dobbie and I dont think he will be easily replaced at all to be honest.

This.

It's clear that Dobbie understands his value. He can be frustrating player for us but he is a crucial part of the team IMHO. 

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dobbie aside of course I think Dykes had a fantastic game. If he's getting on a bit and looking for another club at any time soon I'd have him in our squad at Links Park.

Anyway respect to Queens for turning it around. Good passing team in the first leg but without a clinical touch BUT Dobbie provided that touch yesterday, aided I have to say by a more than the usual number of defensive errors by the Mo. Better team won on the day. Good club Queens, good fans and a decent place to go to.

Hope you stay up but a poster above reckoned you would easily do Raith - don't go believing that, they are a decent side and if Queens are complacent they might get done. I reckon with AJ in charge though they might just now do it.