Montrose v Queens / Queens v Montrose

2 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Ha, ha. I don’t mind the Ayr boys having a bit of a gloat at our current predicament. In the last 15 seasons Ayr have finished above us on two occasions.  I am sure we will be back soon enough.

#RoaringBack

I can't bring myself to watch the highlights as even the sight of Martin in a Queens shirt will result in a broken TV or laptop screen.  I still can't believe AJ brought him back into the side.
I could forgive his actions had he been playing well (granted it is unlikely he would have felt the need to react to the crowd had that been the case).  And it is more likely I would be sympathetic to his poor form if he at least looked like he cared.  Neither are anywhere near being close to the truth though.
He is utter shit, his attitude is fucking rotten and he has been frozen out for a number of weeks which will surely have only demotivated him more (if that is indeed humanly possible).  It is likely we are now at a point where he hates us as much as we hate him. 
Playing him was tantamount to sabotage, and whilst AJ can play the "I don't know the squad" card, someone from upstairs should have had a word in his ear.
People are viewing the lack of signed players for next season as a negative.  To me it is a pretty big fucking positive.

Aye but Leighfield is definitely equal as shite and Memhet doesn’t seem much better.

2 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Aye but Leighfield is definitely equal as shite and Memhet doesn’t seem much better.

Neither have effectively told the fans to f**k off though, nor had to give a grovelling apology to the club and the fans. 

He's comfortably the poorest of 3 poor keepers. He should never play for the club again in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Neither have effectively told the fans to f**k off though, nor had to give a grovelling apology to the club and the fans. 

He's comfortably the poorest of 3 poor keepers. He should never play for the club again in my opinion.

Yep. Has to be Mehmet back in on Saturday.

Just now, notsofedupendie said:

Think you’re being very hard on Martin .. with the first his centre halves left him guessing on what to do .. on the second ... ditto.

If it was an isolated incident then you'd maybe have a point. He's one of the biggest reasons we're in this mess though.

10 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Think you’re being very hard on Martin .. with the first his centre halves left him guessing on what to do .. on the second ... ditto.

7 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

From what I saw last night he isn’t your biggest problem. That said you’ve seen much more so I’ll defer to your judgement

He's absolutely the biggest of our problems (plural). Last night's  centre halfs are an issue too though.

Martin is an utter liability.

44 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He's absolutely the biggest of our problems (plural). Last night's  centre halfs are an issue too though.

Martin is an utter liability.

I really, really hope Stewart Petrie  is a lurker on this site or someone is and is passing on this information.
Who needs Marcelo Bielsa when you've got P & B

I must be one of the few who doesn't see Martin as the biggest problem at palmy in the last  three games before he came back into team we lost 8 goals how many of them from crosses into box. Again not just centre halves to blame but the failure to stop crosses coming in to box doesn't help. 

Without wanting to defend a bawbag like Martin, on the basis of those highlights Queens have far bigger issues than a shitebag keeper and he seems to be made the scapegoat here for a completely abject performance all round. Sure, he could do better with that first goal, but so could every player in front of him, the defending is piss poor. The body language of the Queens players looked eerily similar to our team last year.

Its funny what people see, isnt it. Usual suspects getting it in the neck (Martin, Aird,etc) I was at the game and thought the ever-popular Doyle was arguably culpable at both goals. Gave the ball away in midfield for the first. At the second one Aird tracks the runner back, but Doyle doesnt go to try and stop the cross coming in.
Also i could see why Aird has so many assists. He put some great free kicks and corners in and has the assist for Murrays goal (although Murray still had loads to do when he got the ball). The one he put on Fordyce’s head at 1-0 was an absolute sitter.
Unfortunately we are almost as inept at taking chances from free kicks and corners as we are at defending them.

The centre half presented Ross Campbell with the opportunity 5 yards out. Not Martin’s fault. The stopping of crosses was woeful and that’s down to desire and work rate imo. If midfielders can’t be arsed tracking back properly, then full backs are going to be hung out to dry.

First goal is going to be crucial on Saturday. Can’t see much fight in this Queens team. They look like losers. Although Montrose and Queens were well matched on Tuesday night, it wasn’t difficult to pick the side who lacked confidence and energy.

2 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Its funny what people see, isnt it. Usual suspects getting it in the neck (Martin, Aird,etc) I was at the game and thought the ever-popular Doyle was arguably culpable at both goals. Gave the ball away in midfield for the first. At the second one Aird tracks the runner back, but Doyle doesnt go to try and stop the cross coming in.
Also i could see why Aird has so many assists. He put some great free kicks and corners in and has the assist for Murrays goal (although Murray still had loads to do when he got the ball). The one he put on Fordyce’s head at 1-0 was an absolute sitter.
Unfortunately we are almost as inept at taking chances from free kicks and corners as we are at defending them.

Second goal iirc,  Aird is left with two Montrose men to pick up at the right back area,  he's looking for someone to come out to to help, the ball is crossed in and passes 2 or 3 defenders plus keeper who fail to deal with it and the boy scores at the back post.  Of all the people to blame,  Aird is probably the least culpable. Martin is no more or less to blame than the other defenders imo. 

The centre half presented Ross Campbell with the opportunity 5 yards out. Not Martin’s fault. The stopping of crosses was woeful and that’s down to desire and work rate imo. If midfielders can’t be arsed tracking back properly, then full backs are going to be hung out to dry.
First goal is going to be crucial on Saturday. Can’t see much fight in this Queens team. They look like losers. Although Montrose and Queens were well matched on Tuesday night, it wasn’t difficult to pick the side who lacked confidence and energy.

Your last para summed it up perfectly. For spells we looked like the Championship team but overall little between the teams but you could see the hunger and desire was only coming from Montrose. A repetition on Saturday will bring only one result.

15 hours ago, PortyMo said:

I really, really hope Stewart Petrie  is a lurker on this site or someone is and is passing on this information.
Who needs Marcelo Bielsa when you've got P & B

Unless Petrie is blind I think he might have an idea, if he watched any of our previous games this season he will have picked up on it. We cannot defend crosses no matter what the goalkeeper/defender combo is. 

Well I was there on Tuesday, it was actually a close game which Montrose edged.

We had the handicap of a dodgy keeper, useless central defenders, a feeble midfield, and strikers who can’t strike. Not sure why we weren’t well thumped.

There is room for improvement ( no sh-t Sherlock), and Johnson will have had more time with the team.

I think it will be close, Montrose will battle hard, but it’s winnable.