Montrose v Queens / Queens v Montrose

7 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Love the way, we've embraced SP and made him one of our own, as evidenced by the subtle name change to Stuart "Pertie". (Honorary Ferrydener)

Opps it was a late night and early morning 1 of 2 mistakes on same graphic but apart from my honking spelling the graphic work nicely

Apols for few or even no comments from Mo fans on here but we're still just getting used to looking on the L1 messageboard! Just had a wee look in at the Championship board and found this thread.

Anyway, my take on the game last night was that it was a game of very different styles or tactics at least. First half Queens passed us off the pitch but with no serious end product. The Mo played to their strengths which if they were not obvious then I'm not going to tell you. First half though you could tell who were the Championship side. Second half though it was different as the Mo realised they were in with a shout and gave Queens more to think about. At 1-1 it could have gone either way for a minute at least but when the Mo scored again after that minute Queens wobbled and at the end I think were relieved to go home with a single goal deficit. All to play for in the second leg and provided the Mo don't give Queens too much respect and have a right good go this tie is still very much in the balance. I certainly think Mo are capable of scoring at Palmerston and if they do then Queens have to score three to win barring penalties.

Should be a decent away following with several buses going down plus a few cars - and me. Whoever wins through I think will find it hard against Forfar or Raith because both are decent sides and both have good strikers. BUT, the Mo have beaten both once this season so there are possibilities but over two legs it's a big ask.

You should absolutely be looking to score. We haven’t kept a clean sheet in a league match since January 12th when we beat the eventual champions 4-0. That day seems such a long time ago. We’ve kept a clean sheet v Dundee in the cup since then but they were really poor. Game very much in the balance going forward to Saturday. Montrose were quietly impressive last night and deserved their win.

Never been impressed with Dykes one bit whenever I’ve been back in the Toon visiting my folks.

He’s looked absolutely atrocious.

Going by those highlights I see nothing has changed.

Fingers crossed for Saturday. After growing up in a generation when Annan were a shitey wee South of Scotland League Club and we used to always stick double figures past their youth teams no matter who I was playing for...sad times that Queens could potentially be in the same league as them next season.

I am pretty sure that Queens fans said earlier in the season they were not a one man. That has worked out well for them
No, the vast majority said we ARE a one man team. Only a couple kidded themselves on we aren't. That post worked out well for you ;)

21 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Never been impressed with Dykes one bit whenever I’ve been back in the Toon visiting my folks.

He’s looked absolutely atrocious.

Going by those highlights I see nothing has changed.

Fingers crossed for Saturday. After growing up in a generation when Annan were a shitey wee South of Scotland League Club and we used to always stick double figures past their youth teams no matter who I was playing for...sad times that Queens could potentially be in the same league as them next season.

Not sad times for Annan  my  man.I  never believed I would see Annan beat Rangers at Ibrox either !  the games about doing the best you can and aiming  to progress to the highest level possible.

Granted after a Scottish Cup Final and  Championship play offs in the fairly recent  past it must seem a disaster waiting to happen for the Queens . From a business angle it must be   nion impossible to run a full time  team with average  crowds of about  1,200 

Not sad times for Annan  my  man.I  never believed I would see Annan beat Rangers at Ibrox either !  the games about doing the best you can and aiming  to progress to the highest level possible.
Granted after a Scottish Cup Final and  Championship play offs in the fairly recent  past it must seem a disaster waiting to happen for the Queens . From a business angle it must be   nion impossible to run a full time  team with average  crowds of about  1,200 

Too true mate.

I know the football on offer hasnt been great when I’ve been down (one of the worst games I have EVER seen was a 0-0 with Dunfermline last season), but the crowds they have been getting are disgraceful. Not down often enough to determine who’s fault that is. What I will say is that it’s mainly young kids or old men there these days . I’ve only bumped into someone I recognise the odd time. Don’t know where the 30-45 year old generation have gone.

Given the reduction in Amateur teams now playing on a Saturday, Queens don’t even have that excuse these days.

25 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
1 hour ago, Aufc said:
I am pretty sure that Queens fans said earlier in the season they were not a one man. That has worked out well for them

They were also lauded as a model Championship club.

Ha, ha. I don’t mind the Ayr boys having a bit of a gloat at our current predicament. In the last 15 seasons Ayr have finished above us on two occasions.  I am sure we will be back soon enough.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Step foot into Dumfries again and you'll be put in the Nith

Is there still a Saturday league? Seems  most have either joined the South of Scotland League  or  moved  to the Sunday League. Part time football isn't the end of the world if  that's the route Queens take. Appoint a good manager ie.Jim Goodwin -Alloa  ; Peter Murphy-Annan who gets the best out of  the  players at his disposal and progress can be made.

4 hours ago, overthetop said:

New levels of ineptness from our defence and the immobile Martin.
Must be awards for worst defender and keeper. They’d win them hands down. I

The first goal in particular is another horror show.  

Total cowardice from Martin in his attempts to deal with it.  

I can't bring myself to watch the highlights as even the sight of Martin in a Queens shirt will result in a broken TV or laptop screen.  I still can't believe AJ brought him back into the side.

I could forgive his actions had he been playing well (granted it is unlikely he would have felt the need to react to the crowd had that been the case).  And it is more likely I would be sympathetic to his poor form if he at least looked like he cared.  Neither are anywhere near being close to the truth though.

He is utter shit, his attitude is fucking rotten and he has been frozen out for a number of weeks which will surely have only demotivated him more (if that is indeed humanly possible).  It is likely we are now at a point where he hates us as much as we hate him. 

Playing him was tantamount to sabotage, and whilst AJ can play the "I don't know the squad" card, someone from upstairs should have had a word in his ear.

People are viewing the lack of signed players for next season as a negative.  To me it is a pretty big fucking positive.

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I can't bring myself to watch the highlights as even the sight of Martin in a Queens shirt will result in a broken TV or laptop screen.  I still can't believe AJ brought him back into the side.

I could forgive his actions had he been playing well (granted it is unlikely he would have felt the need to react to the crowd had that been the case).  And it is more likely I would be sympathetic to his poor form if he at least looked like he cared.  Neither are anywhere near being close to the truth though.

He is utter shit, his attitude is fucking rotten and he has been frozen out for a number of weeks which will surely have only demotivated him more (if that is indeed humanly possible).  It is likely we are now at a point where he hates us as much as we hate him. 

Playing him was tantamount to sabotage, and whilst AJ can play the "I don't know the squad" card, someone from upstairs should have had a word in his ear.

People are viewing the lack of signed players for next season as a negative.  To me it is a pretty big fucking positive.

That's what happens when you have  staff without a clue .He should have had a rundown from them, and been able to assess the squad .