Montrose v Queens / Queens v Montrose

Queens centre halves distribution was beyond awful and they built from the back so slowly that Montrose had 10 men behind the ball within 10 seconds of queens restarting.

The Allan Johnston special. Centre halves that can’t play with the ball at their feet, being asked to play it out from the back. Resulting in a lot of sideways/backwards passing, meaning the opposition have time to get everyone set in position, before the team even get as far as the halfway line.

Not surprised that we lost that tonight - the writing is well and truly on the wall. More of the same error strewn football churned out.

Messrs Aird, Dykes and Todd were woeful tonight - and couldn’t hit the proverbial barn door.

Individually and collectively we are a shambles - Murray and Marshall did ok tonight but the rest wouldn’t get a FT contract anywhere on that evidence. Dobbie is our only realistic chance of survival.

At least I'll be able to tick Peterhead off my list next season, that'll just leave 2 of the 42 to visit.

Do I have to talk about that game? Lyndon Dykes is fucking honking. That line up was fucking honking. So slow. Should have had a penalty at 0-0 with the defender clearly hanging off Fordyce's shirt as he went for a header. Dykes did what he does and missed chances that any person being paid to play football should put away.

Positives were that we tried to play football a bit, at least, and we pressed high without the ball. Overall, same old story though.

12 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

At least I'll be able to tick Peterhead off my list next season, that'll just leave 2 of the 42 to visit.

Do I have to talk about that game? Lyndon Dykes is fucking honking. That line up was fucking honking. So slow. Should have had a penalty at 0-0 with the defender clearly hanging off Fordyce's shirt as he went for a header. Dykes did what he does and missed chances that any person being paid to play football should put away.

Positives were that we tried to play football a bit, at least, and we pressed high without the ball. Overall, same old story though.

Pretty surprising you never got a penalty because the ref gave you every other decision.
Lucky you weren't down to 10 men when your player put in a horrendous tackle on Paddy Cregg just before we hit the bar.  If he hadn't played advantage, your guy would have been off.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t believe we could have a Championship with Montrose and Arbroath in it next year.

We might actually stay up next year after our best players leave.

Well that’s true but Alloa did well this season so they won’t risk it I think 12 teams will be voted in hopefully and possibly no relegation next season. 

3 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Pretty surprising you never got a penalty because the ref gave you every other decision.
Lucky you weren't down to 10 men when your player put in a horrendous tackle on Paddy Cregg just before we hit the bar.  If he hadn't played advantage, your guy would have been off.

Was Cregg 22? If so, the ref warned him on 3 separate occasions and yet he avoided the book. He was lucky to not be off himself.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Brilliant performance from Montrose tonight, Terry Masson MOTM for me despite Campbell’s 2 goals. Queens were one paced and struggled all night long, Wilson and Jacobs in the middle of the park absolutely hopeless. Queens centre halves distribution was beyond awful and they built from the back so slowly that Montrose had 10 men behind the ball within 10 seconds of queens restarting. Am I right in saying Queens only have Dobbie signed for next year?Looks like they are in for a struggle whatever league they are in.

That's a very decent summary.

The guy Campbell up front completely bossed our centre halfs and took his goals well albeit our "defence" played its part in both.

Dykes was a little unlucky with the one that hit the post but he just has to score his other chance. 30 seconds later we're 1-0 down and Montrose get a huge boost.

We had plenty of possession 2nd half but created very little (credit to Montrose for that). Good strike by Murray for the goal. 

1-1 wouldn't have been the worst result but of course within a minute we find another way to cough up a goal.

In all honesty Montrose saw the game out comfortably and indeed should have scored again when their number 2 (Masson?) hit the woodwork. Their ball retention late in the game was decent and nullified any threat we might have posed.

The biggest issue is that we lost any shape we had at 2-1 down and could easily have been in even more trouble. In a 2 leg game that's just hugely unprofessional.

Our passing and decision making were dire tonight. 

Very few pass marks. 

Well done Montrose on a devered win tonight.

Re QOS struggling because only Dobbie is signed up for next season is surely a plus given the ineptitude on show tonight. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That's a very decent summary.

The guy Campbell up front completely bossed our centre halfs and took his goals well albeit our "defence" played its part in both.

Dykes was a little unlucky with the one that hit the post but he just has to score his other chance. 30 seconds later we're 1-0 down and Montrose get a huge boost.

We had plenty of possession 2nd half but created very little (credit to Montrose for that). Good strike by Murray for the goal. 

1-1 wouldn't have been the worst result but of course within a minute we find another way to cough up a goal.

In all honesty Montrose saw the game out comfortably and indeed should have scored again when their number 2 (Masson?) hit the woodwork. Their ball retention late in the game was decent and nullified any threat we might have posed.

The biggest issue is that we lost any shape we had at 2-1 down and could easily have been in even more trouble. In a 2 leg game that's just hugely unprofessional.

Our passing and decision making were dire tonight. 

Very few pass marks. 

Well done Montrose on a devered win tonight.

Re QOS struggling because only Dobbie is signed up for next season is surely a plus given the ineptitude on show tonight. 

A fair summary from a Queens fan.
All to play for on Saturday. We might regret the one that came off the bar late on.

29 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

You do know that's not how the advantage rule works yeah ?  He could easily have come back and shown him a red. I can't even recall the tackle as I was viewing the last 15 minutes through my fingers. 

We are an absolute rabble, get doon!!!

Well it’s a bit early to shout ‘sack the manager’, but the new manager bounce failed to materialise.

Surprised that Fordyce and Brownlie both  preferred to (Scottish under 21) Maguire.

Very surprised to see Aird start, and beyond astonished he was still on at the end. It was like playing with 10 men. His confidence is in tatters. There may be a player in there somewhere, we’ve yet to see it.

Wilson had a poor game, but he was at least always wanting the ball.

Conor Murray had a good game, and not just the goal.

If Dobbs is fit, I would start Murray before  Stirling or Aird. And get Maguire on.

Only consolation is we can’t play as poorly as that (can we?) again, it’s only half time.

And it’s a long way to Montrose......