Montrose v Queens / Queens v Montrose

1 minute ago, trotsky27 said:

A wouldn’t be 100% was dykes as harkins sss arguing with an agent about it who representes Todd Jacobs Marshall mercer and fordyce finger did get pointed at dykes from me likes

Good on Todd’s agent and from the sounds of it his players have kept him well informed about Harkins. 

6 minutes ago, BarryMcgeorge said:

Absolutely not true. Absolutely nothing happened in the dressing room. 

Harkins is a knob. End of story.

Good way to get behind the team.

Well I'm delighted to hear that. 

My post wasn't a go at the team, more posted with a feeling of resignation that comes when a season goes to shit i guess. 

Pretty clear from my post that any remarks were clearly subject to the events described having happened.

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Well I'm delighted to hear that. 

My post wasn't a go at the team, more posted with a feeling of resignation that comes when a season goes to shit i guess. 

Pretty clear from my post that any remarks were clearly subject to the events described having happened.

Everyone feels the same. But we can safely say Harkins made his feeling crystal clear about Queens.  He won’t last at Partick either, he obviously wasn’t on anyones team sheet for Saturday.  

Dykes and Jacobs have started every single game for Queens this season. And Naysmith got rid of Harkins very quickly when it was obvious he didn’t care. 

Fwiw, I hadn’t even seen the Twitter stuff relating to that incident before those screenshots were posted. Maybe it wasn’t Dykes, but seems to me like that’s too specific for Harkins to have made it up.

I do agree that calling out an ex-teammate online seems a bit pointless, though, and can be added to the increasing list of reasons I hope Harkins isn’t with Thistle next year.

Fwiw, I hadn’t even seen the Twitter stuff relating to that incident before those screenshots were posted. Maybe it wasn’t Dykes, but seems to me like that’s too specific for Harkins to have made it up.
I do agree that calling out an ex-teammate online seems a bit pointless, though, and can be added to the increasing list of reasons I hope Harkins isn’t with Thistle next year.

Found it strange the amount of Queens fans angry at him when it’s their own player that doesn’t appear to give a f**k if they go down.

My money is on Dykes though. Sounds like a bit of a p***k tbh.

1 hour ago, BarryMcgeorge said:

Dykes and Jacobs have started every single game for Queens this season. And Naysmith got rid of Harkins very quickly when it was obvious he didn’t care. 

Is that intended as an endorsement of Jacobs and Dykes?

It looks like more of an indictment.

54 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Found it strange the amount of Queens fans angry at him when it’s their own player that doesn’t appear to give a f**k if they go down.

My money is on Dykes though. Sounds like a bit of a p***k tbh.

You say Dykes has a bad attitude,  try Gavin Gunning instead.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is that intended as an endorsement of Jacobs and Dykes?

It looks like more of an indictment.

Just referring to the work rate and commitment. Which is what was being questioned that’s all. 

Been at evey single game game this season and it’s pretty clear we can’t defend for shit. Even the basics! 

New manager hopefully installs some belief and some passion.  However anyone from 6 place could of been in this position on Saturday, the league was very close be it in a bad way.

But it isn’t over yet and it would be nice to believe that our players will try their best and not an ex player who said he didn’t want to play for the club, 

Montrose have always been my 'wee team' (without being patronising) since Martin Allan and John Sheran worked for my old man and got me comps in the 80s - my mate from school was a big Ayr fan so helped with the banter as both were yoyo clubs in those times. 

In the past three seasons I've made one visit a season to Links Park for the Brora play-off, Peterhead play-off and the Elgin title clincher last season.  For that reason, week in week out Gable Endies have every reason to dislike me as one of these big game twats, didn't see him vs Stranraer in January etc....

Anyway, my point...............will be there tomorrow night.

Third time seeing QoS this season - Pittodrie cup tie (4-1) and home game vs Yinitit (0-1) on way back up from England being the others.

I am staggered Queens find themselves here - they looked a decent side both times I saw them - certainly comfortably mid table Championship - with Dykes pulling the strings and peak Dobbie, particularly his thunderb@stard at Pittodrie.

The game has an air of a 1-3 about it...........but I travel in hope. 

Petrie has done an incredible job - not sure how much Montrose will really want to go up, given how Brechin found life in the second tier and what's happened to them since. 

Edited by tarapoa

Montrose might not be good enough over the two legs but 100% will want to take the step up if we find ourselves in that position.

We would find any Championship season tough at present but I guarantee we'd make a better fist of it than Brechin did.

It's a long shot for us, this tie, and none of us really expected it. But now we're in the play offs we'll want to win just as much as any of the other sides involved.